Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

56 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

They look lovely.  My dining room chairs need re-caning and they wanted a fortune to do them.  I am on the prowl for chair covers.

My husbsnd restores antique furniture. He has done a lot of recaning. It takes hours to do thus the high price for having it done.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

My husbsnd restores antique furniture. He has done a lot of recaning. It takes hours to do thus the high price for having it done.

Good for him!  It's so rewarding to appreciate the work, love and care that goes into that kind of project.  We do a lot of "DIY" ourselves, which most times is not the cheapest way to go...but means

so much more in the end.  😉 

• Like 2

Lenny. 
I feel your pain in regards to high blood pressure. 
About 3 years ago I had a hypertensive crisis. To make a long story short I ended up in the emergency room with a blood pressure of 268/156ish. Cannot remember the exact numbers but the ER doc said I set the bar high at a new record. 
I was whisked away to intensive care where I spent 3 days on IV medicine that was weaned to pills to go home. 

During which time I had a complete work up. Which was normal. 
it took over 6 months to regulate and get control. Which I can be thankful for.  

I am controlled on 

norvasc 10 mg daily

lisinipril 40 mg daily 

lasix 20 mg as needed

In the event I eat foods which have a high salt content I notice ankle swelling the next day. 
My doctor says it’s a combination of norvasc and salty food. So I put on my compression stockings take a Lasix and behave and avoid salty foods. ( my weakness is potato chips). 

he is happy when my pressure is no higher than 136/86. 

When I eat properly I have no ankle edema. 

I did pass out once in kitchen when I first started norvasc. But. All is good now. 

Take care 

Be healthy. 

• Like 2

Just got my Fitbit year in review for 2020.  Too bad I wasn’t able to walk the length of a cruise ship 19,993 times.  As it was, I probably only got the 93 before things went south.  At least I could stay somewhat active for the year. 

95931E6C-B448-4313-BF3B-6C0E9A838AC3.thumb.jpeg.464748248fa8be002079bbc2eb09c3b7.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Got it on Amazon. We had one from the same company before, to which we got from Costco but they no longer sell it. We had it for at least five years before it gave up. We’ve now had this one since September. This is it but it’s priced in Canadian dollars.

A96F3BA9-0106-4931-BDD4-4136B3C868ED.thumb.jpeg.5fbae62434ce9c4da4f614d678e9b843.jpeg

We have had 2 versions of acurite weather stations over the years and liked them both.  Our current model is 2902A  which probably has more information then we need but was easy to put up.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Lenny. 
About 3 years ago I had a hypertensive crisis. To make a long story short I ended up in the emergency room with a blood pressure of 268/156ish. Cannot remember the exact numbers but the ER doc said I set the bar high at a new record. 
I was whisked away to intensive care where I spent 3 days on IV medicine that was weaned to pills to go home. 

I am controlled on 

norvasc 10 mg daily

lisinipril 40 mg daily 

lasix 20 mg as needed

In the event I eat foods which have a high salt content I notice ankle swelling the next day. 
My doctor says it’s a combination of norvasc and salty food. So I put on my compression stockings take a Lasix and behave and avoid salty foods. ( my weakness is potato chips). 

I did pass out once in kitchen when I first started norvasc. But. All is good now. 

Take care 

Be healthy. 

Wow those were high BP readings.180/90 got me put on BP medications about 15 years ago

I have been on 6mg of Perindopril for years and BP has been nearly 120/80 most of the time with a 10% variance at times.

• Like 1

My blood pressure went through the roof shortly after my hip replacement.  I always had low blood pressure so was quite a surprise.  They put me on metoprolol and now it seems too low but I have to check with the Doctor.  My therapist said between the PTSD from my mom’s death and the operation it was too much stress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Good for him!  It's so rewarding to appreciate the work, love and care that goes into that kind of project.  We do a lot of "DIY" ourselves, which most times is not the cheapest way to go...but means

so much more in the end.  😉 

We have an antique business. We were full time for about 20 years until he was offered a job about 10 years ago. He found that his furniture sold better if it was refinished or restored. There were a few historical pieces that he did not redo, though. He once had a 3-legged table with carved egrets on the legs. One egret was missing so he carved one and you couldn't tell which one was replaced.

It helps that he was an artist. Some of his paintings were on a 6-month juried multi-city show.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Lenny. 

I am controlled on 

norvasc 10 mg daily

lisinipril 40 mg daily 

lasix 20 mg as needed

Take care 

Be healthy. 

Glad you were able to get BP under control.  I was put on norvasc when my BP spiked during a hospital stay last year, but it caused my feet to swell so badly I could hardly walk.  Once I got home I went to my PCP and it had returned to normal.  He thinks my acute illness caused the spike, and it's been normal without meds ever since.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

🤞Hope the Cardiologist gives you good news.

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Wishing good health thoughts to you.  Hoping good results with your cardiologist.  

I never called him because my BP spiked up to over 200 again and I started a BP medication.I will call him tomorrow.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is horrible.  Some people just dont know what to do and think they should not get involved.  So wrong!!

Reminds me of a story.  Several years ago I was forced to go to a coworkers birthday dinner.  I had felt sick all day but agreed to go for at least a drink.  I had a cocktail and nibbled on some appetizers but didnt feel well so I said I had to leave.  As I walking out the door I fainted/passed out and was laying in foyer area of restaurant.  I was told people coming in walked right over me and were told by hostess I had too much to drink.  My friends rushed to me and told the hostess I was sick not drunk and to call 911.  

I got to hospital and had a fever of 104.5 and was severely dehydrated.  Had some sort of virus.

After I felt better I went back and blasted the hostess and her boss for their behavior and lack of concern.   Never went there again.  No one at my office did either.  

I was happy to hear they went out of business 2 years later.

I am very happy that you are here to relate that story.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Lenny - I take 10 mg of Norvasc every morning for high BP.  When I first started taking it, I would occasionally get dizzy when standing up too quickly...especially at night when getting out of bed.  That has mostly leveled out now but I still sit on the side of the bed for a few seconds before standing up just to be careful.  The good news is that Norvasc works well for me as my BP is now normal (122/72 last checked) and I don't have any other side effects.  With less stress after retirement, focusing on eating less sodium, and slowly working my weight down, I'm hoping to work my way off any BP meds.

Thanks for writing this.I am on 2.5 mg .I took it this morning .It lowered my BP from 202/86 to 149/73 two hours later.When I took my BP in the afternoon it was back up to 182/82 .Two hours ago it was 154/83.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

The hospital gave him a medicine that Columbia(transplant doctors) said he cannot take.  They switched his medicines to different doses and times.  I know he takes coward, metoprolol and amlodipinc bcsylate.

Thanks very much.

One of my neighbors is taking the first dose of the vaccine Sunday in a school in Staten Island.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never called him because my BP spiked up to over 200 again and I started a BP medication.I will call him tomorrow.

Take care, be careful.  I'm sure your doc will get it regulated.  Sometimes it takes a couple days to get full effect if new meds.  Please Keep us posted.