Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

It has been raining since 9am and it is now 5.25pm.

Graham, send the rain our way. We are at least 50% below our average snow levels. The rain will turn to snow in the mountains and rain in the valley's so I don't have to crank up the snow blower. 😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The UK has recorded a record 1620 deaths in the last 24 hours and 33,355 new positive covid19 cases.

4.2 million people have now received their first doses of vaccine.

Sorry to hear about all of the deaths, but also glad vaccines are getting to the people.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Graham, send the rain our way. We are at least 50% below our average snow levels. The rain will turn to snow in the mountains and rain in the valley's so I don't have to crank up the snow blower. 😉

I would happily send it to you Dave.⛷️

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Lenny, there is hope for you (and may be an opportunity to finally visit 

Israel.

https://nocamels.com/2021/01/blind-man-regains-sight-1st-artificial-cornea-corneat/

https://www.corneat.com/

Fuchs is just one of the 13 medical problems that I have.I have not been on a plane since 2010,have not driven a car since 2003.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The UK has recorded a record 1620 deaths in the last 24 hours and 33,355 new positive covid19 cases.

4.2 million people have now received their first doses of vaccine.

😥😰😥😰 staggering number of deaths, so sorry, Graham.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

😥😰😥😰 staggering number of deaths, so sorry, Graham.

Thanks Dani.

It is worrying and because of the Christmas day relaxation of covid rules the next 2 weeks might be worse.

It is still raining here and my football team got beat at home tonight.😭

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Fuchs is just one of the 13 medical problems that I have. I have not been on a plane since 2010, have not driven a car since 2003.

😥😰😥😰😥😰😥😰

In other times, I could have said: "Take a TA to Barcelona, followed by a cruise to Israel" 😁

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 12:35 PM, dani negreanu said:

We're celebrating today (4th lock down...) our 48th wedding anniversary, and DH b'day 😁

The boys sent me flowers

20210117_112322.jpg

and for DH, who likes to cook, a weird "contraption", meant to "house" different herbs (drill, basil, coriander, mint), while worms, fed by us from leftovers, will provide the compost....

20210115_151808.jpg

Be careful placing mint near other herbs. Our neigbor did that and got minty basil

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Be careful placing mint near other herbs.

Thanks.

I fear for the herbs' "well being"...

It's quite windy on the 6th floor, and the herbs don't seem to "appreciate" it. 

We tried to move the "contraption" into the living room, to cheer the herbs up, but then we have to heat ourselves with the AC...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks.

I fear for the herbs' "well being"...

It's quite windy on the 6th floor, and the herbs don't seem to "appreciate" it. 

We tried to move the "contraption" into the living room, to cheer the herbs up, but then we have to heat ourselves with the AC...

I planted scallions today. Containers on lanai.

Herbs once the temperatures warm up a bit

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, voyager70 said:

These posts are bringing up fond memories of my childhood.  Everyone in the neighborhood knew each other, unlike today.  In the summer we would go to one of the neighbor's houses, play for hours on end, just making sure we were home in time for dinner or before it got dark.  Much simpler times back then. 

This still happens today. My daughter is 17 now, but when she was young, she ran around the neighborhood with a pack of kids. They were always together, at one house or another, or running wild in the neighborhood. And I know that the young kids in the neighborhood are still doing this these days, although Covid has put a damper on some of their fun.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We had to be home when the street lights came on.  This was the Dark Ages😳

3 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Yes, that was my rule as a kid and as a parent. Unless one of the many sleepovers happened!

We were out well after the lights came on.

• Like 1

Similar. It was a large area. Our parents had air horns and a unique signal for each kid. We would all stop and listen to figure out who HAD to go home. :classic_biggrin: The multi kid families had it worse. If their parents signaled, they all had to stop playing and go home. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

As a kid, bicycles meant independence and freedom.  Not to mention a good source of exercise.  I also remember saving (aka learning financial discipline) for a Sting-Ray bike with a banana seat.  Those bikes were VERY cool.

I had one.  In fact I still have mine its hanging from my garage attic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We were out well after the lights came on.

When I was a 15 and older I was allowed out till 9 or 10 pm on school nights and midnight on weekends.  I could extend that if there was a good reason, such as late night movie, bowling, roller or ice skating event.  

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So sad for you, and him being so young.

I think I may relate to this more, since we also had such a sudden and painful disappearance from our lives -- 5 years ago, day before yesterday, DH's b'day was tinged with sadness and bitter sweet feeling.

His only sibling, who is exactly 7 years older, had a massive brain hemorrhage and is brain dead ever since. He congratulated her in the morning for their mutual b'days, she was driving, said she'll call later to speak some more. Later in the afternoon, a cousin called us, saying he wanted to congratulate her, but she's answering her mobile, neither her home. We also started calling, and calling her kids (she was widowed at the young age of 35 and never remarried).

Turns out, a few mins after spoking with DH, she stopped at the dry cleaners, and there she fell down. They knew her, called an ambulance...

Her kids, despite the doctor's opinion, decided to cling up to the hope of a miracle...

It was 10 days before our son wedding. I wanted to postpone it, but I was the only one to think so. Our son cancelled his bachelor party, though. I put up a brave face at the wedding, but I was really there. I kept thinking that some 2 weeks before, she came to show me the dress she found and was going to wear at the wedding, she was so looking forward to it, us being a such small family.

This is a painting my DH made of a picture, when he was a baby and she was holding him...

HASIA.jpg

What a beautiful painting and heart wrenching story.  

We must enjoy every moment to the fullest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1