Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, island lady said:

We had a huge bell over the garage door.  Mom would clang the thing to call us in for dinner.  We were usually way out in the fields or woods somewhere...actually enjoying fresh air!  😉 

My Nana had a large bell at her back door that she would ring whenever we stayed.  I loved her property.  Several acres and long winding roads with fields and woods and hardly anyone else around.  We used to get lost all the time.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It has been raining since 9am and it is now 5.25pm.

The UK has recorded a record 1620 deaths in the last 24 hours and 33,355 new positive covid19 cases.

4.2 million people have now received their first doses of vaccine.

Eric received his email today that he can now call to schedule his appointment.  No luck in getting done today hopefully will get scheduled tomorrow.  I'll call first thing like everyone else.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

So sell it on Ebay! :classic_biggrin:

I have thought many times about selling it but Eric keeps saying no, hold on to it.   I think he's jealous he didnt have one.   I find him in garage  dusting and cleaning it sometimes.  He has a nice cover on the seat too.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have thought many times about selling it but Eric keeps saying no, hold on to it.   I think he's jealous he didnt have one.   I find him in garage  dusting and cleaning it sometimes.  He has a nice cover on the seat too.  

Yeah I wanted one of those, but my cheap father bought me a Sears version, that had bigger wheels and was not half as cool.  That was the year I found out that Santa wasn’t real, as my neighbor showed me the bike my dad put in their basement so it would be a surprise for me on Xmas.  

I remember Orange Peel version too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric received his email today that he can now call to schedule his appointment.  No luck in getting done today hopefully will get scheduled tomorrow.  I'll call first thing like everyone else.  

Good luck.🤞

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So sad for you, and him being so young.

I think I may relate to this more, since we also had such a sudden and painful disappearance from our lives -- 5 years ago, day before yesterday, DH's b'day was tinged with sadness and bitter sweet feeling.

His only sibling, who is exactly 7 years older, had a massive brain hemorrhage and is brain dead ever since. He congratulated her in the morning for their mutual b'days, she was driving, said she'll call later to speak some more. Later in the afternoon, a cousin called us, saying he wanted to congratulate her, but she's answering her mobile, neither her home. We also started calling, and calling her kids (she was widowed at the young age of 35 and never remarried).

Turns out, a few mins after spoking with DH, she stopped at the dry cleaners, and there she fell down. They knew her, called an ambulance...

Her kids, despite the doctor's opinion, decided to cling up to the hope of a miracle...

It was 10 days before our son wedding. I wanted to postpone it, but I was the only one to think so. Our son cancelled his bachelor party, though. I put up a brave face at the wedding, but I was really there. I kept thinking that some 2 weeks before, she came to show me the dress she found and was going to wear at the wedding, she was so looking forward to it, us being a such small family.

This is a painting my DH made of a picture, when he was a baby and she was holding him...

HASIA.jpg

Dani.

I feel for you and your family after reading such a sad story.

I pray that one day you might have a miracle.

The painting is lovely.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

The colors and names were part of what made those bikes so cool.  I had an Apple Krate red.  I remember trying to jump my bike across a small creek near our neighborhood, Evel Knievel style.  We set up boards for a take-off ramp.  I landed a little short on the far bank and the seat post bent forward, slamming me into the handlebars.  I was winded so badly I thought I'd never be able to breath again.  It's amazing that I made it out of childhood alive. 😜

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah I wanted one of those, but my cheap father bought me a Sears version, that had bigger wheels and was not half as cool.  That was the year I found out that Santa wasn’t real, as my neighbor showed me the bike my dad put in their basement so it would be a surprise for me on Xmas.  

I got my sting ray bike for my 7th or 8th birthday from my step grandfather.  My real grandfather had passed away before I was born and my Nana was dating Clay who was part owner of a Cadillac dealership.   He didnt have any grandchildren of his own so he spoiled us all the time.   

They lived together for many years then I was about 12 or 13 got a late night phone call from my Nana telling us her and Clay had eloped in Vegas, too cute!!

I remember he would come pick up my brother and I and take us for rides in the new cadillacs.  One time there was one with a sunroof and my brother and i got to stand on the seat and hang out the sunroof while he drove down a major road in our area.   It was super cool!  

His name was Clay but I sometimes called him Gumby because he was 6'5" and seemed like a giant to me.  Many find memories of him.   

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Nana had a large bell at her back door that she would ring whenever we stayed.  I loved her property.  Several acres and long winding roads with fields and woods and hardly anyone else around.  We used to get lost all the time.   

Sounds like heaven to visit.  🙂  I grew up on property like that...hence the very large, loud bell.  😉 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Very heartwarming story.

• Haha 4

Times have changed.

When our daughter was in high school, her Sunday thru Thursday  curfew was 11pm.  and on  Friday and Saturday it was till 12:30 am.

Now mind you I worked early shift and got up at 4:45am.

And I would be in bed by 10pm before her curfew.

I would set an alarm in the foyer outside our bedroom door and if it went off at curfew time she had limited outings the following week.  Many a night I heard a mad dash up the stairs to turn off the alarm clock before it rang.  Some how she managed to attain 100% success. 

But many a night I dozed off and on waiting for her to come home, and if I fell asleep, I would hear the "click" and sigh as she turned off the clock alarm.

Now mind you she was not out every night, and frequently all her friends would camp out our house.

And they knew not to wake the Mama Lions.

Stay healthy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What a beautiful painting and heart wrenching story.  

We must enjoy every moment to the fullest.

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Dani.

I feel for you and your family after reading such a sad story.

I pray that one day you might have a miracle.

The painting is lovely.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

Thank you both from the bottom of my heart. I really appreciate your words.

You should think that by losing her husband to cancer at 35 years, she "'paid" her duty to tragedies....

The flowers we got Sunday are doing well, and brighten our days in this never ending lock down and pandemic.

Anniversary flowers.jpg

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The flowers we got Sunday are doing well, and brighten our days in this never ending lock down and pandemic.

Anniversary flowers.jpg

Those flowers are beautiful.  My favorite kind of arrangement and they are looking great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dani, life is not fair.  You would think one horrible tragedy would be enough but it doesn’t work that way.  After all our family went through with Charlie’s illnesses, heart transplant etc., you think we would have caught a break.  However the hits came coming, the worst when was my mom was killed in 2014.

Thank God we all have family and friends to help us on life’s unpredictable journey.

Marietta❤️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dani, life is not fair.  You would think one horrible tragedy would be enough but it doesn’t work that way.  After all our family went through with Charlie’s illnesses, heart transplant etc., you think we would have caught a break.  However the hits came coming, the worst when was my mom was killed in 2014.

Thank God we all have family and friends to help us on life’s unpredictable journey.

Marietta❤️

Thanks, Marietta, appreciate it 💕.

I know it's not fair, and I see it around me every day.

It's just that my feelings of "fairness" are having a hard time coming to terms with it...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Marietta❤️

So sorry to hear about your mam Marietta.

Both our parents are sadly no longer with us.

We were just about to leave our hotel in Malaga Spain to join Adventure of the Seas on November 2nd 2011 when I got a phone call saying my mam had died.

We aborted the cruise and managed to get a flight home the next day.

Graham.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

So sorry to hear about your mam Marietta.

Both our parents are sadly no longer with us.

We were just about to leave our hotel in Malaga Spain to join Adventure of the Seas on November 2nd 2011 when I got a phone call saying my mam had died.

We aborted the cruise and managed to get a flight home the next day.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, sorry about your family also.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My daughter and I were just talking about how unfair the world is.  It seems like the good people get kicked around by life.  You try to do everything right and it isn’t enough, I guess we have to trust in our faith.

+1

• Like 1