Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My daughter and I were just talking about how unfair the world is.  It seems like the good people get kicked around by life.

Every word. Since English is not my mother tongue, I couldn't phrase it better.

Just to give you a short example of the unfairness of it --

A man of ~40 needed of kidney transplant urgently, the list was long. He was living in a large religious community, and they put out the word at the synagogue.

Some guy came forward saying he's willing to donate him a kidney "just like that". The transplant was successful, and the man decided to organize the "donor's list" - people who are willing to donate kidneys not only to their family members/friends. He dedicated himself to it.

Until the Corona's "arrival", almost 800 people were saved by this "donor's list".

He contacted Corona while visiting one of his "transplants". Being immunosuppressed, he died from it at 55.😢

Not fair. Not at all.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

😥😰😥😰😥😰😥😰

In other times, I could have said: "Take a TA to Barcelona, followed by a cruise to Israel" 😁

I had an adventure last night.My blood pressure spiked to 210/100 and I spent the evening in the local hospital.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

A man of ~40 needed of kidney transplant urgently, the list was long. He was living in a large religious community, and they put out the word at the synagogue.

Some guy came forward saying he's willing to donate him a kidney "just like that". The transplant was successful, and the man decided to organize the "donor's list" - people who are willing to donate kidneys not only to their family members/friends. He dedicated himself to it.

Until the Corona's "arrival", almost 800 people were saved by this "donor's list".

He contacted Corona while visiting one of his "transplants". Being immunosuppressed, he died from it at 55.😢

Not fair. Not at all.

That is very unfair.

So sad to happen to someone who did so much good work for others.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Not fair. Not at all.

OMG - just not fair at all.     Sounds like he was an amazing person and the fact it all started with one stranger coming forward to donate his kidney makes this story a happy one. 

They say "the good die young"   Hopefully I was bad sometime or another - hehe.      

• Like 2

We both got our first vaccine shot this afternoon, so far so good.  From when we left the house until we were finished was just under two hours.  Found out the site we went to ran out for tomorrow and Friday!  However, getting the second dose is going to be a headache.  Earliest appointment we could get was for Feb. 27th, too far out but took it for now.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

We both got our first vaccine shot this afternoon, so far so good.  From when we left the house until we were finished was just under two hours.  Found out the site we went to ran out for tomorrow and Friday!  However, getting the second dose is going to be a headache.  Earliest appointment we could get was for Feb. 27th, too far out but took it for now.

Glad you got the first one but that seems a long time for the second.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is snowing tonight.

20210121000329336_e671807f88e6427ba7755451fee752f0_824414105.jpg

I'm not sure why, but I have always pictured England as more damp and rainy than snowy. I've never been there in winter. Winter travel is straight to the Caribbean... except this year.😏

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not sure why, but I have always pictured England as more damp and rainy than snowy. I've never been there in winter. Winter travel is straight to the Caribbean... except this year.😏

It has been raining non stop for 2 days.

It has been snowing for 2 hours.

20210121002751432_a693b32677314b39b16fd75f9397adcc_824414105.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I don't understand why they can't schedule second doses to match the time frame recommended for the specific vaccine. I still find this very concerning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't understand why they can't schedule second doses to match the time frame recommended for the specific vaccine. I still find this very concerning.

that's what happens when politicians decide they get more votes by making people like them. 

26 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

that's what happens when politicians decide they get more votes by making people like them. 

They were scheduling them at the vaccine hubs but stopped, naturally, at the one we went to.  My daughter got her second appointment at her site.  Luck of the draw I guess.

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Not fair. Not at all.

Oh this is so sad. My heart breaks.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

They were scheduling them at the vaccine hubs but stopped, naturally, at the one we went to.  My daughter got her second appointment at her site.  Luck of the draw I guess.

It kind of sounds like the difference between goverment (politicians) and physicians practicing medicine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

We need a hug emoji.  I am so sorry for everyone's losses.  Getting to know everyone on this thread I am sending a virtual hug and an"I wish you didn't have to go thru any bad times" to each and every one of you. 

I agree. Many of us have gone through some tough times over these months.

Late last week my cousin, in Alberta, had a growth in his brain removed.  It tripled in size since it was discovered in late December. The surgery went well and they got most of it. That being said even with continued therapy he has been given 2 years.  

He isn’t barely 40 with two kids and a wife. He came out of the surgery still able to speak and has mobility.  Having lost my dad to melanoma cancer, specifically an inoperable brain tumour, I fully understand what lies ahead of them.

It is gut wrenching, and we all know that feeling. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2