Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

We just celebrated our 40th anniversary earlier this month.

I am just saying make sure you are 100% before you do things.  Don’t just go.  I know it is hard.

We survived 35 this past June

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We are another August.   Celebrated our 40th last August 2.  It was also the anniversary of our first cruise aboard the SS Norway.

We made 46 last August 31.  We were poor college students then, so no fancy honeymoon.  But years later we sailed on the Norway.  Such a different ship than the ones now.  When I saw Titanic, I was reminded of the Norway.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Happy anniversary to all.

We will join the August anniversary club, we will be celebrating our 30th. on August 10.

Hopefully by being on a cruise August 15th.

Stay healthy

We had our 30th Wedding Anniversary on adventure of the seas out of Malaga in 2011 which was our first as Diamond C&A.

Let's hope we can all celebrate our wedding anniversaries on a ship this year.🤞

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ATG said:

Such a different ship than the ones now.  When I saw Titanic, I was reminded of the Norway.

That was exactly our thoughts.  After seeing the movie, we always told people that sailing on it was just like sailing the Titanic (minus the sinking part). 

And we ended up sailing in the worst sustained Cat 5 hurricane of the century on our sailing. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That was exactly our thoughts.  After seeing the movie, we always told people that sailing on it was just like sailing the Titanic (minus the sinking part). 

And we ended up sailing in the worst sustained Cat 5 hurricane of the century on our sailing. 

Which hurricane was that?

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just got word that our alaska sailing on quantum is cancelled for June.  That was going to be my birthday sailing.  Oh well another one gone.

June is a very busy month for my family with birthdays and anniversaries.

They cancelled the whole Quantum Alaska season yesterday, the ship is staying in Asia.  At least they offered a lift and shift.  I transferred ours yesterday morning.  There weren't many cabins left when I did mine.

We were at our normal upscale restaurant last night , love there live music , manager has thanked us a couple of times for our business but last night he picked up our entire check, should have ordered a more expensive wine 😁😁

• Like 5

We are part of the January anniversary group. Is there one for December because we can join that too. We planned our wedding for January 15 and the prior November we moved from FL to CA. A few days before Christmas we were bored and jumped on a plane to Vegas and got married on Dec 24. Three weeks later we flew back to Fl for our actual wedding. We didn't tell people for years. We celebrate both dates and have survived 32 years together.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Love the burgundy and gold colors. I’m guessing it takes a lot more to heat in the winter? I have always liked a lot of glass to make a room bright and cheery.

So sorry to hear about your mom and your PTSD. Was she also another covid death? There have been so many especially in New York and here in Florida. 😥

She, unfortunately, was crushed by a sanitation truck one block from our house.  It was six years ago and we are still dealing with the aftermath.  The driver was just out of drug rehab and should not have been driving.  She was 91 but so active and still driving.  They said I have PTSD from trying to pretend it never happened 😢

• Like 4