Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

54 minutes ago, Paw13 said:

Graham's eye looks better every day and has an appointment at 11am UK time on Wednesday with the eye consultant.

He has his first vaccine jab on Wednesday at 5pm UK time.

He sends his love.

P xx

Thanks, Pauline, so nice of you to drop by and reply 🌺.

Hoping for good news about the eye, and that Graham will feel "smashing" after the 1st jab.

xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Pauline, so nice of you to drop by and reply 🌺.

Hoping for good news about the eye, and that Graham will feel "smashing" after the 1st jab.

xx

Thanks Dani.

Graham likes you all.xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Graham has been such a pleasure.  He is very well liked on these boards as are you and Sarah!

I am sure Sarah appreciates all you have done for her.

Thank you so much for your very kind words Marietta.xx

A grabbed a few pics in our local community.  If by chance you have watched the semi-famous Canadian show Murdoch Mysteries, which is seen internationally, it has filmed in this town. The town is known for their old fashioned street scapes and its nickname is the Stone Town because of the abundance of limestone buildings from the quarry.

The view down river from the bridge. The old opera house is on the left. 

894AB973-5D30-4E16-BA90-E1059E2256D0.thumb.jpeg.abac23a7d1543f417d05adc2e6f76089.jpeg

Up river view towards the old dam.  

069FEA47-D458-4166-B43D-842BE5931522.thumb.jpeg.f2d64e4ed5d02830a54a534ee49905ea.jpeg

You seen the train bridge in the background. It is now a walking path. 

81B896BF-5B53-4435-9289-9A925E3C1C84.thumb.jpeg.bc2362e9ce8d317bab1edeb804098f86.jpeg

There used to be a grain mill by the opera house. To the right of this picture below, there is the old water channel where it was reverted to run the water wheel which ground the grain.

There is a park in the centre of the photo. I used to put my kayak in here and paddle the river. It’s a nice spot. 

C78DE247-0D2C-4CE4-887B-BF9FBE91315B.thumb.jpeg.36f3b3fd3722b385093dd76fa206d572.jpeg

Only action on the water today was the ducks. 

0C78451F-9D50-49F0-A086-FC398924749D.thumb.jpeg.03f87a94126ffcae54b24bd65cdc17f6.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Side note, if you are familiar with Eaton’s (a closed Canadian department store), it’s first location was in this town.  It was a dry goods store. It makes an appearance in the second video, but only I would know which building it is. 

A couple videos of the TV filming, from behind the scenes, that I found on YouTube.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

A grabbed a few pics in our local community.  If by chance you have watched the semi-famous Canadian show Murdoch Mysteries, which is seen internationally, it has filmed in this town. The town is known for their old fashioned street scapes and its nickname is the Stone Town because of the abundance of limestone buildings from the quarry.

The view down river from the bridge. The old opera house is on the left. 

894AB973-5D30-4E16-BA90-E1059E2256D0.thumb.jpeg.abac23a7d1543f417d05adc2e6f76089.jpeg

Up river view towards the old dam.  

069FEA47-D458-4166-B43D-842BE5931522.thumb.jpeg.f2d64e4ed5d02830a54a534ee49905ea.jpeg

You seen the train bridge in the background. It is now a walking path. 

81B896BF-5B53-4435-9289-9A925E3C1C84.thumb.jpeg.bc2362e9ce8d317bab1edeb804098f86.jpeg

There used to be a grain mill by the opera house. To the right of this picture below, there is the old water channel where it was reverted to run the water wheel which ground the grain.

There is a park in the centre of the photo. I used to put my kayak in here and paddle the river. It’s a nice spot. 

C78DE247-0D2C-4CE4-887B-BF9FBE91315B.thumb.jpeg.36f3b3fd3722b385093dd76fa206d572.jpeg

Only action on the water today was the ducks. 

0C78451F-9D50-49F0-A086-FC398924749D.thumb.jpeg.03f87a94126ffcae54b24bd65cdc17f6.jpeg

I do get to watch Murdoch Mysteries here and enjoy the series. Thanks for the photos. Frost like that on trees here is called whoar or hoar frost pronounced like whore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

In Florida...as  Florida resident senior over 65 we get a nice discount at the state parks we enjoy taking the "land yacht" to.   One time, before I was of age to get the discount, I teased the state park ranger asking her where I could score a fake ID.  She laughed a long time on that one.  😄 

I think you said Bucky served. He should be able to get a Free park access pass. Not sure what discount for RV. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Such a cutie... I like cats with lots of fur 🤩

so much fur for 17 years now 😁

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Kids, dogs, cats...and husbands...hard wood/tile floors much easier to clean than carpet.  😉 

🤣🤣🤣

6 hours ago, George C said:

He looks similar to our big cat joebob who is 20 pounds. 

I would love to see pics of Joebob!

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Had to pick up some stuff in town, so I stopped for some pics along the way. 

Lovely photos Andrew!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

Welcome to cruise critic also Pauline, hope Sarah feels better soon

Thank you for your welcome. Sarahs regular fits are a worry for us especially now when she lives on her own since her divorce and 20 miles from us.

Sarah cooked her own tea tonight so we hope she doesn't overdo things while she has covid19.

My cousin Doreen who I have always been close to lives in Adelaide and we chat on the phone every other day and WhatsApp each other several times a day.

Brisbane sounds lovely and a cruise around Australia is on our wish list.xx

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

After many, many tries rescheduled our second vaccine shot for this Thursday🙏We had Saturday the 27th but we were at different times now we have the same time.  Hoping things go quickly this time.

That's wonderful you both have your vaccine jabs at the same time.

I don't normally post on social media but when Graham said his lovely friends on here were asking about Sarah and him I thought I better reply and hopefully he will be back in 4 days.

Love P xx

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Paw13 said:

Sarah has a terrible headache,drowsy,aches and pains but she is used to similar symptoms after an epileptic fit and told us not to worry.

Graham's eye looks better every day and has an appointment at 11am UK time on Wednesday with the eye consultant.

He has his first vaccine jab on Wednesday at 5pm UK time.

He sends his love.

P xx

Thank you Pauline.   Everyone is in our prayers.  

Stay Well

Debbie x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

My dad lived in St Mary’s for a while circa 1930 and worked in one of the banks. He used to swim at the quarry. In early 1990’s I took him on a memory trip back to Canada and St Mary’s was one of our stops.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh most definitely...but I would say Florida ranks right up there for vacation/retirement destination.  😉

See an awful lot of references to that on just this thread alone.  

I have a friend who moved to SC after retiring but he hates living there.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 7:57 AM, island lady said:

Gosh no...cold stone.  I lightly flour it, then put my ball of dough on it.  Using large rolling pin, I roll it out very, very thin.  We adore thin crust pizza.  Once to the edges and uniform looking, into the preheated oven it goes at 400 degrees.  Pull it back out when starting to brown (about 8 minutes).  I let it cool on the pizza stone, then top it with any kind of creation of homemade toppings.  Then back into the oven it goes....Yum!  😋

@island ladyand other pizza stone aficionados -- Do you have a brand of pizza stone you would recommend?  I had a Pampered Chef stone long ago, but never got the hang of it, and let it go.  I'm now intrigued (and inspired!), and would like to try again . . .

• Like 1