Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I received news yesterday that one of my best neighbors is not doing well.    I spoke with her last week to let her know that roofers would be coming early one day soon and apologized in advanced they would wake her up as I know she sleeps in until 9 or 10 am most days.     She sounded horrible and was catching her breath with every word she spoke.    She said she was going to the doctors the next day as she hasn't felt good for weeks and kept blaming it on the heat and humidity.

I saw her Daughter stop by to check on her Mom's house and when she saw me outside she informed me that her Mom went to the Doctor's and they called an ambulance to take her to the hospital.     She was told all her arteries completely clogged and she is too old for open heart surgery.   She turned 91 earlier this month.    Her Mom wants to come home to do hospice but her Daughter feels she would be better off going to a facility to have round the clock care.    So very sad.   

I have known this family since I was a little girl.   (I grew up in the same neighborhood where we live now.)    She has been on mind since Saturday.   I plan on visiting her this week once I find out where they are moving her to (or back home).  I pray that she is not in any pain and is surrounded by her loving family.  

Debbie I am heartbroken for you. It has to be so hard and a very helpless feeling. I hope you can spend some time together and share stories of good times. Peace be with her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I received news yesterday that one of my best neighbors is not doing well.    I spoke with her last week to let her know that roofers would be coming early one day soon and apologized in advanced they would wake her up as I know she sleeps in until 9 or 10 am most days.     She sounded horrible and was catching her breath with every word she spoke.    She said she was going to the doctors the next day as she hasn't felt good for weeks and kept blaming it on the heat and humidity.

I saw her Daughter stop by to check on her Mom's house and when she saw me outside she informed me that her Mom went to the Doctor's and they called an ambulance to take her to the hospital.     She was told all her arteries completely clogged and she is too old for open heart surgery.   She turned 91 earlier this month.    Her Mom wants to come home to do hospice but her Daughter feels she would be better off going to a facility to have round the clock care.    So very sad.   

I have known this family since I was a little girl.   (I grew up in the same neighborhood where we live now.)    She has been on mind since Saturday.   I plan on visiting her this week once I find out where they are moving her to (or back home).  I pray that she is not in any pain and is surrounded by her loving family.  

I'm sorry to hear about your neighbour Debbie.

There is a higher risk in the elderly but there is no age limit here in the UK and it is up to a panel of surgeons to decide what treatment can be done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, Rabbit, white Rabbit 🐇 for good luck on this the first day of August.

It is 14°C and sunny here at 09.27am.

I'm currently watching world cup football USA and Portugal where it is 0-0 after 70 minutes.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Good wishes to all y'all for a great day.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear about your neighbour Debbie.

There is a higher risk in the elderly but there is no age limit here in the UK and it is up to a panel of surgeons to decide what treatment can be done.

There is no age limit in the U.S. either. Decisions here are made by the physician and patient as well as family or other designated person if the patient is incapable of participating and has a legal medical directive. We don't have panels deciding your fate.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is no age limit in the U.S. either. Decisions here are made by the physician and patient as well as family or other designated person if the patient is incapable of participating and has a legal medical directive. We don't have panels deciding your fate.

It is still the patient's decision if they want the operation done the panel of surgeons debate what options they think is best for the patient and then the decision is discussed with the patient.

On the NHS cost is not an issue in the decision making.

Sometimes operations are done at private hospitals paid for by our NHS National Health Service.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

Tomorrow, Susan and I will celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary.  

Since our grandson has been here the last few years, during our anniversary, we haven’t done anything special.  

This year, Susan told me she had something special planned.  She started dropping hints.  About sweating; about making me exhausted; about showing me something new!

That’s right, we fly to Orlando today to spend the week at Universal Studios Florida and the Islands of Adventure. 

Sweating ✔️

Exhausted ✔️

Something new ✔️

I mean, it has been almost 30 years since we were at USF, so there is plenty new.  That is also why we have been gearing up the last few days for the Harry Potter experience.  

Our grandson is excited, and has already been writing about it in his journal for the summer. 

• Like 27
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Since our grandson has been here the last few years, during our anniversary, we haven’t done anything special.  

This year, Susan told me she had something special planned.  She started dropping hints.  About sweating; about making me exhausted; about showing me something new!

That’s right, we fly to Orlando today to spend the week at Universal Studios Florida and the Islands of Adventure. 

Sweating ✔️

Exhausted ✔️

Something new ✔️

I mean, it has been almost 30 years since we were at USF, so there is plenty new.  That is also why we have been gearing up the last few days for the Harry Potter experience.  

Our grandson is excited, and has already been writing about it in his journal for the summer. 

Have a great time. Will be interesting to hear about it. Last time we went on a theme park holiday was Disney World twenty years ago when the kids were kids !

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

+1  @Keksie  Your pie looks delicious.    My Mother's neighbor used to make these.   Boy do I miss them.   Maybe someday soon I will have to try to make my own Rhubarb pie.

It is rare that I find rhubarb in the store. We both love rhubarb so I was so excited to see a package at the store.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear Debbie. Its tough when people you've known such a long time start getting ill.  Though living to your 90s is a good age.  And it seems as though she has had a good old age if she was living alone. 

Two of my neighbours who were both in their 90s passed away this last year.  

We have had more neighbours funerals this year than in the 20 years total previously 

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Sweating ✔️

Exhausted ✔️

Something new ✔️

I love Universal.  It will be hot so take advantage of the pools and waterpark.  We like to get macarons after dinner at the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium.  Cowfish has good sushi and burgers.  The Harry Potter area is so much fun.  

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This will be our hotel for the week. (Photo from Condè Nast Traveler)

IMG_6231.thumb.webp.8dde164837c4c9b679f5a7f0bc04f551.webp

Safe travels today and Happy 43rd Anniversary tomorrow!  
We stayed at Portofino Bay several years ago.  It’s a bit removed from all the hub-bub and activity and had a nice relaxing vibe.  The little boat ride to/from the parks is great too, especially at the end of a long day.  
Have a great time. 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So sad about your neighbor Debbie.  I feel for the family making those tough decisions, especially if she just wants to be in her home.  Hope you’re able to spend some time with her revisiting happy memories.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Sweating ✔️

Exhausted ✔️

Something new ✔️

Happy Anniversary and cheers to many more!!🍾

• Like 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Sweating ✔️

Exhausted ✔️

Something new ✔️

Welcome to the Orlando area! Happy Anniversary! Looking forward to pictures.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

We’re busing getting ready for a big family trip to Disney coming up, preceded by a short cruise out of Port Canaveral.  This is pretty involved so I’ll try to keep it to the Cliff notes version.  
Andy and I are taking our two oldest grandsons (12 & 10) on a 3 night cruise on Independence of the Seas.  He and I fly to Orlando next Wednesday evening (was supposed to be Thursday morning but JetBlue stopped the early morning flights out of PVD and moved us to Weds).  Meeting up with our daughter & the boys Thursday morning at the airport.  We head to PC, staying at the Hampton Inn and board the ship Friday (she and the youngest are staying in Orlando visiting friends).  After disembarking Monday, we head to WDW where Andy & I have three quiet nights at the Polynesian while the boys are back with their Mom.  By Thursday, the rest of the family will have arrived and the 12 of us check into the Old Key West villa for a week.
The boys are very excited for their first cruise and we’re excited to experience it with them. 

• Like 25

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re busing getting ready for a big family trip to Disney coming up, preceded by a short cruise out of Port Canaveral.  This is pretty involved so I’ll try to keep it to the Cliff notes version.  
Andy and I are taking our two oldest grandsons (12 & 10) on a 3 night cruise on Independence of the Seas.  He and I fly to Orlando next Wednesday evening (was supposed to be Thursday morning but JetBlue stopped the early morning flights out of PVD and moved us to Weds).  Meeting up with our daughter & the boys Thursday morning at the airport.  We head to PC, staying at the Hampton Inn and board the ship Friday (she and the youngest are staying in Orlando visiting friends).  After disembarking Monday, we head to WDW where Andy & I have three quiet nights at the Polynesian while the boys are back with their Mom.  By Thursday, the rest of the family will have arrived and the 12 of us check into the Old Key West villa for a week.
The boys are very excited for their first cruise and we’re excited to experience it with them. 

Sounds like a great time! I like that you put in some relaxation time at the Polynesian. Much needed!😄 Have a wonderful cruise and hope your boys love it!

We board the Wonder this Sunday. We are on the Independence in September, so I am interested to read your Cliff notes.

• Like 8

I don't think you could get us to go to Florida in August, besides the high temperatures it's the very high humidity that really makes it suck. It just makes the parks so unbearable. !😰 💦

Weather August 2023 in Orlando Florida:

Generally, August in Orlando will be quite hot, with an average temperature of around 89°F / 32°C. But due to the very high humidity, it can feel very uncomfortable. You can expect around 22 rainy days, with on average 2.9 inches / 73 mm of rain during the month of August.

Here is a weather forecast for tonight at 11pm, feels like 86 degrees at 11pm, that is just crazy !

11:00 pm

Partly Cloudy
79°
15%
ESE 3 mph
  • Feels Like86°
  • WindESE 3 mph
  • Humidity84%
  • UV Index0 of 11
  • Cloud Cover56%
  • Rain Amount0 in
Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I am not happy about the JB early morning flight to Ft. Lauderdale not existing. Last winter I had a flight booked from Hartford and then JB put the early flight from PVD back in so I switched. I hoping the same happens this year. The flight was packed. I don't understand why they would get rid of it.🤨

Have a great, and safe, trip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

IMG_0433.thumb.jpeg.eed1555c629fa56ea7b551c008f1a8d6.jpeg

we are just landing in Istanbul

an hour early! I messaged our driver on What’s App and he said he’s already here. 😅 

IMG_0434.jpeg

Have a great  trip Crystal! You always go to the most amazing places.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Sweating ✔️

Exhausted ✔️

Something new ✔️

Happy Anniversary wished to you tomorrow. I hope you guys have a grand celebration.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Love the Polynesian. Make sure you go to their Trader Sam’s Tiki Bar for some exotic cocktails. Love their decor too.

• Like 3