100 more days

36 minutes ago, danv3 said:

For what it's worth, the order is scheduled to be published in the Federal Register on April 15, so it's 100 days from that date.  https://www.federalregister.gov/d/2020-07930

I imagine it's going to be longer, but at least now we know when to count from.

Counting 100 days from April 15 equals July 24th.  Wow - quite a difference from the published May 12 date on RCCI's website.  With all the new regulations, when the cruises do start up again, it will be a new world order and unlike what we had grown accustomed to.  The cruise industry will have to reinvent itself in order to stay "afloat".

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

This Bloomberg article predicts the death of buffets...bye, bye 'Jammer, along other new measures the cruise industry plans to implement once operations resume:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-09/cruising-s-post-pandemic-future-is-the-end-of-the-buffet-nigh

I think that if the Windjammer completely went away so would I. I have zero interest in getting forced back into the MDR. I've had plenty of meals in the Windjammer. I've seen some behaviors that I didn't like. I have never become sick. Then again, I spend every day around sick people and don't get sick. My immune system has served me well.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I think that if the Windjammer completely went away so would I. I have zero interest in getting forced back into the MDR. I've had plenty of meals in the Windjammer. I've seen some behaviors that I didn't like. I have never become sick. Then again, I spend every day around sick people and don't get sick. My immune system has served me well.

We haven’t been in MDR for dinner in a very long time. Except for sea days lunch, we avoid the MDR as much as possible. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

It could be that the Windjammer stays but instead of being self-service it would change to servers in gloves and masks serving the food.  One thing is for sure, there are going to be a lot of changes to cruising and not just in the food department. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We haven’t been in MDR for dinner in a very long time. Except for sea days lunch, we avoid the MDR as much as possible. 

It just seems like often times the "solution" to an issue ends up being an over the top over reaction. I hope that doesn't happen when cruising restarts.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well, I think this means our cruise for June 22nd out of Amsterdam is on the chopping block. 

However, we will wait for RCL to cancel the cruise. Those "Future Cruise Credits" just seem like a cheap "replacement" for the amount of money we paid; I feel we wouldn't get the full value on a FCC than what we paid for on this one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Well, I think this means our cruise for June 22nd out of Amsterdam is on the chopping block. 

However, we will wait for RCL to cancel the cruise. Those "Future Cruise Credits" just seem like a cheap "replacement" for the amount of money we paid; I feel we wouldn't get the full value on a FCC than what we paid for on this one.

To me, in my opinion only, taking a FCC is a risk at this time. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Right on, we will just wait for them to give us our full refund. We haven't even yet purchased air fare but if we do, we will only book it through the cruise line.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, johnjen said:

The hundred days apply for US ports only so no indication for North Europe at this time.

I agree. We are waiting for our May 27 cruise to be canceled by Royal so we can get the refund. Too many unknowns at this point. I will take the money and not be tied to one cruise line or a specific time frame where I have to use it.
  • Like 2

Just now, Saab4444 said:

The hundred days apply for US ports only so no indication for North Europe at this time.

Yeah, but these are uncertain times. It's a gamble us buying air fare right now (unless we buy it via choice air). And, there's no guarantee they'd even allow us to fly back home....State Dept. Knowing our luck, they'd issue that edict right after we board.

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted.  CLIA's response to the 100 day order

https://cruising.org/news-and-research/press-room/2020/april/clia-statement-regarding-no-sail-order

by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Not surprised, but that position by the CLIA is probably why the CDC felt it was necessary to issue the new order. IMO, the CLIA is jonesing for a bailout, and the CDC is getting frustrated by the CLIA's posturing. Guess we'll all have to wait until the fat lady sings.:classic_sad:

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

+1.

We like to take our lunch outside which is quick and easy to do when we go to the WJ.

49 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Right on, we will just wait for them to give us our full refund. We haven't even yet purchased air fare but if we do, we will only book it through the cruise line.

We're going to wait for them to cancel it as well.  Unfortunately we already purchased our airfare on KLM/Delta and will probably lose it.  I don't think we'll be able to use the airline credit before it runs out.

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted.  CLIA's response to the 100 day order

https://cruising.org/news-and-research/press-room/2020/april/clia-statement-regarding-no-sail-order

The CDC holds an entirely different opinion when it comes to the spread of Covid19 that the CLIA so vehemently denies.  Below is a list of infected ships and that's not counting the ships overseas with no US stops such as the Diamond Princess quarantined off of Yokohama last month. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/cruise-ship/what-cdc-is-doing.html

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 10.04.51 AM.png

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

It could be that the Windjammer stays but instead of being self-service it would change to servers in gloves and masks serving the food.  One thing is for sure, there are going to be a lot of changes to cruising and not just in the food department. 

I would have no problem with this, and actually hope they do proceed with removing self-serve.  Sure it will slow things down, but I'm good to wait if it's for everyone's safety.

One other thing I hope they do is sterilize the menus in the MDR after each use.  This is another way the virus could easily spread.

• Like 1