Chris Wong and Riley Tench

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 2:21 PM, tenchfamily said:

Riley has a new Vlog out today... All about what it was like flying internationally, and finally making the journey back home to Alaska after 149 strait days at sea:

Riley looks VERY different without the beard.  Looks like he grew it back after getting home based on the clip that he inserted while recreating his goodbye with Cass.

I'm curious how corporate feels about these vlog's? I would assume that the employee's would need some sort of approval from management to produce this type of content. Most corporations like to control the message so I find it interesting that these are being made.

• Like 1

I so enjoyed seeing the beach at Las Olas.   Thanks, Chris!  I lived in Ft. Lauderdale in the late  60's, two blocks over from Las Olas Blvd.  Spent many a day lying about on that beach.  Great memories of my single days there...🙂

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm curious how corporate feels about these vlog's? I would assume that the employee's would need some sort of approval from management to produce this type of content. Most corporations like to control the message so I find it interesting that these are being made.

I have seen most if not all of their YouTube posts, and think they are both great ambassadors for Royal Caribbean. 

I would bet Royal will want YouTube posts from onboard ships a couple of weeks before passengers, to show the cleanliness and prepare some for the new protocols.

Eddie

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 11:11 AM, Sea Dog said:

There is/was an individual on Symphony posting videos on YouTube of their behind the scenes “adventures” of the empty ship. I’m sure RC doesn’t like it, and he does voice over his actual voice. Any of his individual videos posted here are quickly deleted or entire threads about his videos disappear. I wonder why that is as it is cruise related, informative, and not negative of the industry, however it is not my decision to make.  By no means do I think RC has whispered in CC’s ear or anything like that.  

If you follow Captain Johnny on Twitter he has posted a few videos of the front of the house around the ship. Just make sure you find the right one, as there are a few fake accounts. 

@A&L_Ont I have seen those videos to which you refer, and I think he does cross the line since he even shows memos and crew instructions that are posted in the crew areas. If I was in the corporate office I would have problems with that. I have seen Captain Johnny's video and think they are fine. There is a part of me that likes to see the magic behind the curtain, but on the other had, I don't want to see everything behind the curtain.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

There is/was an individual on Symphony posting videos on YouTube of their behind the scenes “adventures” of the empty ship. I’m sure RC doesn’t like it, and he does voice over his actual voice. Any of his individual videos posted here are quickly deleted or entire threads about his videos disappear. I wonder why that is as it is cruise related, informative, and not negative of the industry, however it is not my decision to make.  By no means do I think RC has whispered in CC’s ear or anything like that.  

If you follow Captain Johnny on Twitter he has posted a few videos of the front of the house around the ship. Just make sure you find the right one, as there are a few fake accounts. 

Because every time he posts he spams every single active thread instead of posting it once. It's happened several times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@A&L_Ont I have seen those videos to which you refer, and I think he does cross the line since he even shows memos and crew instructions that are posted in the crew areas. If I was in the corporate office I would have problems with that. I have seen Captain Johnny's video and think they are fine. There is a part of me that likes to see the magic behind the curtain, but on the other had, I don't want to see everything behind the curtain.

I would have issues as well if I was in the HO of RC. The one thing I have noticed is all the memos are from February/March. I am thinking all these videos were filmed months ago and the individual is off the ship posting from home.  If it was filmed in September those memos should have been long gone.  I think if he was still on board posting and filming on a bi-weekly basis security cameras would have caught him long ago, especially if RC was looking for him.

I also agree with the magic behind the certain.  Having done quite a few behind the scenes tours the surprise is mainly gone for me. It was interesting to see how venues were buttoned up until the next guests arrive. It doesn’t look like it will take much to prepare once crew are on board and tested negative.

As for them disappearing here on CC, the post below explains why they went away. No one likes a spammer. 

2 hours ago, Smiles1984 said:

Because every time he posts he spams every single active thread instead of posting it once. It's happened several times.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 11:11 AM, Sea Dog said:

I believe Chris Wong addressed this in one of his vlogs on Youtube.

• Like 1

Chris Wong talked about vlogging in a now-deleted video. I believe he implied that he did not have company sign-off to do them. He did specifically say that the company did not tell him to not do them and that he was not in trouble with the company. The have been a couple of times when he's said there are things he can't say because they're proprietary.