Has anyone received their refund from NCL?

15 hours ago, banjineer said:

Requested refund on 5/7 for a 5/17 cruise.  Received NCL email tonight (6/30) for the refund in 7-10 days.

The amount to be refunded was missing our original deposit.   Saw bedfordmom above had the same issue.   

If the deposit does not show up with the rest of the refund, guess I'll need to follow up with NCL...at

least most of the money is coming back soon!

Checked with NCL this morning - the $1500 deposit is supposed to be pending for refund to our credit card.  No dates

given when to expect that final bit of refund.

The biggest chunk of the refund did show up on our credit card this morning (7/1)

I received an email this morning stating I would have my refund in 7 to 10 days. About 2 hours later I had the whole refund ($3500) credited to my card. I think it was April 13th that I applied for the refund so they beat the 90 days. I am a happy camper. Now I hope we can get past this nightmare and hopefully we will cruise with NCL again.

2 hours ago, Robert & Debra said:

I received an email this morning stating I would have my refund in 7 to 10 days. About 2 hours later I had the whole refund ($3500) credited to my card. I think it was April 13th that I applied for the refund so they beat the 90 days. I am a happy camper. Now I hope we can get past this nightmare and hopefully we will cruise with NCL again.

Same here...Applied 5/7 for our 5/15 NCL cancelled cruise. $4500 applied today 7/1/2020

On 6/26/2020 at 6:59 PM, blcruising said:

Here's my latest in the saga....

I cancelled my cruise back in March. I opted out of the peace of mind policy because I had solid third party CFAR insurance which has paid out except for refundable cruise charges like fees, taxes, etc. I got my email from NCL back in March stating that they would refund my refundable port charges and government taxes and prepaid beverage service charges to my credit card within 7-10 days. Of course, I knew that wouldn't happen, so I promptly opened a dispute with my credit card company and they promptly credited my account. So, here we are well past the 90 day mark and to date, NCL has assigned a status of "pending" to my prepaid beverage charge refund but the government taxes and port fees have been put on a cruise next certificate for a future cruise, which of course, I fully reject. I purposely cancelled my cruise before NCL did so that I wouldn't have to take gift certificates. They will do anything and everything to not have to refund cash to their customers. It is ridiculous and very sad. Fortunately, my credit card company is on to their tactics and I am not out any money. I will be doing all that I can to bring attention to NCLs behavior that is dishonest and in bad faith. 

I am also glad to acknowledge the countless other travel providers including airlines, hotels, third party shore excursions, bus and train providers that found a way to successfully refund the refundable portion of my tickets in the midst of the pandemic.. Only NCL has been unable to get this right for me.

NCL...love the product, can't stand the customer service.

I am in the exact same situation but have not disputed with CC company. I did get my FCC for the cruise portion but the cancelled extras, submitted March 10th still not received and I am past the point of done with NCL, in fact I even 'transferred' my FCC to a friend (who was not on my booking) as I have no interest in sailing with them in the foreseeable future.

When I keep reading of others already getting $$ back on refund 'requests' dated a month or more later it is very hard to have any trust and calling results in the same scripted response everyone gets and they rush to get you off the phone.  I am approaching 120 days soon.

Edited to add that my actual sail date was supposed to March 15.

Edited by poffles

36 minutes ago, poffles said:

I am in the exact same situation but have not disputed with CC company. I did get my FCC for the cruise portion but the cancelled extras, submitted March 10th still not received and I am past the point of done with NCL, in fact I even 'transferred' my FCC to a friend (who was not on my booking) as I have no interest in sailing with them in the foreseeable future.

When I keep reading of others already getting $$ back on refund 'requests' dated a month or more later it is very hard to have any trust and calling results in the same scripted response everyone gets and they rush to get you off the phone.  I am approaching 120 days soon.

Edited to add that my actual sail date was supposed to March 15.

You have more trust in NCL than I do. I would say they are out of cash, but I do see some people are getting refunds. I can't think of a reason why they would be holding unearned, third party charges that they have no legal claim to for this length of time unless the bank account is dry or their system is so disorganized that they've misplaced the claim. The FCC issuance is a non-cash electronic transaction, so it doesn't require cash outlay.

I've been told its a manual refund process. Others have said it is automated. In any case, someone or something has reviewed my booking and taken incorrect definitive action on one part of the booking (the part that required no cash outlay) and assigned the ambiguous status of "pending" to another part of the transaction (the part that required a cash outlay) and then they disclaim any knowledge of what "pending" means. My third party fees, taxes, and service charge refunds have been in pending status for over 45 days. Maybe they are pending NCL's ability to find some cash to pay them to me.

I was originally told refunds in 10 days from cancellation, then 10 business days from cancellation, then 90 calendar days from cancellation, then 90 business days from cancellation, and then 90 days from the date the "pending" status appeared, and now they just won't commit to a date. If you have the time to invest, there are Taxpayer funded Federal and State consumer protection agencies available to you if you are US based. I've found the Office of Consumer and Dispute Resolution Division of the Federal Maritime Commission to be responsive. They reached out to NCL directly on my behalf within two business days, and NCL is required to respond to them directly. At this point, for NCL to not be able to agree upon a definitive date of refund is simply unacceptable. And they can set the date. I just want them to agree on the amount of refund that is owed and agree to a date that I can put on my calendar. It's a fair ask as we are beyond the 100 day mark and the issue needs to be brought to a close. 

Once they agree to that, the bank will promptly take their money that was owed to them back in March and close the dispute. For all I know, NCL could send them some inaccurate, false claim or Peace of Mind claim at the last minute stating I am owed a FCC. The bank could take the response at face value and the charges could get reversed. Always make sure you take action to protect your interests, first. Good luck to you and be well.

Edited by blcruising

And the other thing.....not once has anyone proactively reached out and said, hey thanks for your patience, the refunds will be further delayed. It's just radio silence. I've always said they missed on the college course "Customer Service 101". And this is just another example. It's like you're bothering them by inquiring about a refund claim that was filed 100 days ago and you have no updates on. They live in the own chaos they create. Maybe if they were a little more proactive with the communication, fewer people would be calling in to inquire. Duh!!

• Like 3

I'm still waiting... cruise was scheduled on 4/8... they cancelled and then delayed you requesting a refund for a couple of weeks. The first day I was allowed I asked for a full refund. They said it could be up to 90 days. I didn't think they would be in business that long so I disputed the charge. In the mean time my account said I had asked for future cruise credit. I called NCL and said I wanted a refund, not a fcc. They said "We just do that for everybody, even though we know you asked for a refund." After disputing the charge my card gave me the money right back. Apparently NCL had 30 days to dispute my dispute, which they did on the last day. EVEN THOUGH THEY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT I HAD ASKED FOR A REFUND, THEY SENT A 54 PAGE LETTER SAYING I OWED THEM THE MONEY. My card immediately recharged me. Since then NCL has acknowledged in writing that I had requested a refund and they are processing it. 

I see threads about future cruising. I will definitely cruise in the future, BUT NEVER WITH NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINES!!!!

Update...I got my refund on July 1, a little over 90 days...

Update...I will definitely cruise in the future, BUT NEVER WITH NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINES!!!!

• Like 2

Spirit out of Cape Town sailing 22 March - cancelled by NCL 13 March. Just got the remaining refund today. All done - now to move on to the rest of our cruising life (which is unlikely to involve NCL in the short to medium term).

We asked for a full refund for a May 1 cruise.  We had also booked air and excursions through NCL and had over $15K invested in our trip.  We received a full refund earlier this week and I am very relieved!  The refund was several weeks before we expected it.  I hope the itinerary we booked will be available sometime in the future.

• Like 1

Cruise was on the Epic out of Spain on July 19th, 2020. Covid concerns hit. Canceled my cruise on March 23,2020 and asked for a refund of my deposit. It was only $250. They said 7-10 days. Called back on the 10th day. They said it was in processing should only for a few more days. Called back 2 weeks later. Was told it would be 90 days from cancelation date. Reached out a week ago via email and was basically told that due to covd blah blah blah *excuses*. Still no refund as of yet. NCL also lied to me. My original due date was March 22th but in January or February I rebooked to get some cruise credits and cheaper rate. I was then given a 4/20 due date. On 3/22 I get an email saying my balance is due. But I had a confirmation letter stating my cruise due date was 4/20. The lady on the phone said they changed it. And I should've gotten an email. I got no email and immediately canceled my trip. Don't think I'll sail with them. They lie and they're holding everyone's money.

We were meant to be on Joy to Alaska May...16? cancelled by NCL and requested when the window opened, around May 7. Received our refund yesterday, July 1 so we were pleasantly surprised.

On 7/1/2020 at 8:03 AM, latserrof said:

Last night we got an email from NCL saying our deposit and final payment for May 23 Pearl is being processed to our credit card, please allow 7 to 10 business days. The amounts are correct. We are platinum and have been sailing NCL since the Norway, and we still have four FCD's, but we doubt whether we or NCL will ever cruise again.

And now the above-mentioned correct refunds have appeared on our credit card. Farewell, NCL.

23 hours ago, SteveH2508 said:

Spirit out of Cape Town sailing 22 March - cancelled by NCL 13 March. Just got the remaining refund today. All done - now to move on to the rest of our cruising life (which is unlikely to involve NCL in the short to medium term).

Delighted to hear they finally, and belatedly, pulled through for you!

So, what does the rest of your cruising life look like?

15 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Delighted to hear they finally, and belatedly, pulled through for you!

So, what does the rest of your cruising life look like?

4 days on the Norfolk broads next month (boat-driven pub crawl with our cruising buddies who also lost the Spirit cruise).

Silversea out of Peru in December with a Peru pre-cruise package (very unlikely to happen TBH).

Cruise and Maritime 35 days ex Tilbury to Canada, Greenland and Iceland in Sept 2021.

Chalk and cheese re the cruiselines I know, but the itineraries are rather good.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Edited by SteveH2508

6 minutes ago, SteveH2508 said:

4 days on the Norfolk broads next month (boat-driven pub crawl with our cruising buddies who also lost the Spirit cruise).

Silversea out of Peru in December with a Peru pre-cruise package (very unlikely to happen TBH).

Cruise and Maritime 35 days ex Tilbury to Canada, Greenland and Iceland in Sept 2021.

Chalk and cheese re the cruiselines I know, but the itineraries are rather good.

Yes, when I read this my thought was Silversea to C&M.....eek!! And, like you, we cruise for itinerary which is probably the reason that our cruising history across 46 cruises has 15 different cruiselines!

We did 42 days to the Amazon and back with CMV - there were issues, but the price and itinerary was just too good to miss. Out of 20 cruises it is still the one we talk about the most.

Silversea is an awesome experience though - watching England stuff the All Blacks in the Rugby World Cup semi-final whilst sailing between Japan and China was rather fun (as was watching the quarter finals in a Hooters bar in Tokyo:classic_biggrin:).

Their ships, service and food are just sublime (all booze included as well, including a litre bottle of Glenmorangie for my nightcaps in the room:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:).

We received our refund for the shore excursions on our Amex card today. Still waiting for our full cruise refund, which I'm fairly confident we will get. NCL said the refunds are to be expected within the next week or so on their website. We paid for the cruise on a separate card. 

We cancelled our gratuities March 14 for the April 19 Bliss Panama Canal cruise (we took the FCC for the cruise portion) still waiting for the refund! All I get is "it's pending".  Very frustrated to see some that cancelled after getting refunds as it is now 114 days

4 minutes ago, jvevans said:

We cancelled our gratuities March 14 for the April 19 Bliss Panama Canal cruise (we took the FCC for the cruise portion) still waiting for the refund! All I get is "it's pending".  Very frustrated to see some that cancelled after getting refunds as it is now 114 days

You can start credit card dispute now. Then you will be sure that either you receive it from winning the dispute, or from Norwegian. Who knows what will happen. 

My friend had bad experience with a local airflight company's travel package where it was promised a refund, but she only received it 1 year later. (Not saying NCL will do that)

1 hour ago, jvevans said:

Got my refund about 2 weeks ago for DSC on cancelled May 3 cruise (request was made March 9, prior to actual cruise cancellation). Also got my fare refund at the same time. I did not receive any notification from NCL, credits just showed up in my CC statements.