Will Florida cruises start back up in August?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 12:30 AM, BirdTravels said:

We went out to dinner a couple of times last week. Inside tables where 6' apart. But that didn't stop people walking between the tables to be brushing up against you or standing next to you as they were waiting to be seated or waiters serving the next table. 

And, obviously, no one at the tables had mask on. All enjoying themselves, having a bit too much to drink, talking loudly spreading their germs. 

It was a great meal!

Easy to just turn and walk out

• Like 4

On 6/4/2020 at 4:10 PM, firefly333 said:

Well on the other hand some gambling ship I think out of palm beach area that goes to the bahamas is being allowed to start up again. 

And to the guy who is hoping rcl gives notice so he has time to do a lift and shift... when did rcl give much notice. Lift and shift apparently takes some time to do. At most TAs will be told ok thursday will be a announcement, though not what will be said. I wouldnt count on more than a day or 2 notice of next cancellations ... if they occur. 

I received an email today that said: 

Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line has not resumed operations just yet. So they don't seem to have a plan in place, or a date to resume

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3red7s said:

I received an email today that said: 

Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line has not resumed operations just yet. So they don't seem to have a plan in place, or a date to resume

August 28, maybe

107616246_10158667956447500_845741731800

4 hours ago, fla gang said:

Governor is shutting down Miami again starting July 15! Not good for businesses.

California is doing a moderate shut down. NY is registering visitors and making them quarantine. There is a $2000 fine if caught breaking quarantine. My son lifted and shifted his June Hawaii vacation to August. Now Hawaii has a 14 day quarantine again. Thankfully he was able to get a refund from Air BnB.  In terms of Cruising it's not happening this year. Florida needs to change their behavior. The mayor of Miami is the only one taking action that I have heard of. Are any other counties making changes?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

California is doing a moderate shut down. NY is registering visitors and making them quarantine. There is a $2000 fine if caught breaking quarantine. My son lifted and shifted his June Hawaii vacation to August. Now Hawaii has a 14 day quarantine again. Thankfully he was able to get a refund from Air BnB.  In terms of Cruising it's not happening this year. Florida needs to change their behavior. The mayor of Miami is the only one taking action that I have heard of. Are any other counties making changes?

Lots of municipalities have mask ordinances 

• Thanks 1

Contrary to the media hysteria, Florida still has plenty of Hospital beds and ICU beds.  There is no cure or vaccine. It’s never been about the number of cases, it’s been about controlling the cases enough so that the healthcare system is not overrun. Hasn’t happened. I watched media today saying 48 hospitals had no ICU beds.  There are many Counties in our State that have no ICU beds available ever. 

There continues to be an issue with infection of those residing in long term care and elderly facilities. 

The NBA bubble at Disney now has a positive case. Apparently, one of the players snuck out for food. Wonder how many that player will infect in the bubble?

Here is the hospital data. Read for yourself. 

https://bi.ahca.myflorida.com/t/ABICC/views/Public/ICUBedsCounty?%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aembed=y

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Contrary to the media hysteria, Florida still has plenty of Hospital beds and ICU beds.  There is no cure or vaccine. It’s never been about the number of cases, it’s been about controlling the cases enough so that the healthcare system is not overrun. Hasn’t happened. I watched media today saying 48 hospitals had no ICU beds.  There are many Counties in our State that have no ICU beds available ever. 

There continues to be an issue with infection of those residing in long term care and elderly facilities. 

The NBA bubble at Disney now has a positive case. Apparently, one of the players snuck out for food. Wonder how many that player will infect in the bubble?

Here is the hospital data. Read for yourself. 

https://bi.ahca.myflorida.com/t/ABICC/views/Public/ICUBedsCounty?%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aembed=y

Bottom line is that the CDC isn't going to allow cruising until this is under control. All they see is the possibility of the number of hospital beds and morgues that may or may not be filled as well as if the infection can't be controlled on land how will it be controlled at sea.

26 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Clearly the should have put the NBA bubble on cruise ships instead of Disney. Much harder to sneak out that way. Plus, as you’ll know if you’ve ever played basketball on a cruise, the waives would make the game a lot more interesting. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Bottom line is that the CDC isn't going to allow cruising until this is under control. All they see is the possibility of the number of hospital beds and morgues that may or may not be filled as well as if the infection can't be controlled on land how will it be controlled at sea.

Your absolutely correct. What is “under control “?  You can’t keep people in lockdown and then release them to a cruise ship. The virus will still be present. 

Under control to me is a Vaccine or cure. The elderly, I guess I am one too, are at most risk. Lots of elderly folks on cruises. 

It really has nothing to do what each State does as long as the healthcare system is not overrun. Unfortunately, some data suggests that the antibodies may only last for a limited time and reinfection might be possible. 

M8

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Your absolutely correct. What is “under control “?  You can’t keep people in lockdown and then release them to a cruise ship. The virus will still be present. 

Under control to me is a Vaccine or cure. The elderly, I guess I am one too, are at most risk. Lots of elderly folks on cruises. 

It really has nothing to do what each State does as long as the healthcare system is not overrun. Unfortunately, some data suggests that the antibodies may only last for a limited time and reinfection might be possible. 

M8

This is one statement that I would welcome fake news or hoax reply. 

What non-government health insurance will offer Covid-19 coverage to tourists who knowingly travel to a locale (i.e. Florida) that is not Covid-19-free? Alternatively insurance may become available if there's a proven immunization method for Covid-19.

Until then is there a sufficient number of people who would be willing to go on a cruise knowing that they have no health coverage? Are there any countries who will offer such coverage until Florida is Covid-free or until there's a sure way to prevent infection?

I know that at the moment in Ontario, Canada it is impossible to buy such travel insurance coverage to anywhere until government advisories are fully lifted.

The situation with opening dates is not about local governments declaring "open for business" or cruise companies willing to sail. It is about travelers having a peace of mind that should they get sick they will be taken care of by their insurance company or the government.

Edited by PatMunits
  • Like 1

Cases continue to increase for the states that opened up indoor dining and drinking.  Imo that seems to be one of the main trends. 

Yes cases in nursing homes will continue to happen due to workers bringing into the facilities they work.   Fortunately the younger generation does not always need ICU care but many still end up in hospital just not the ICU beds.  

The long term effects are still unknown. 

One of my customers who is 20 something had covid early march and she now has severe asthma issues that she didnt have before contracting the virus.

Imo We need a therapeutic that truly works before cruising can restart.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PatMunits said:

What non-government health insurance will offer Covid-19 coverage to tourists who knowingly travel to a locale (i.e. Florida) that is not Covid-19-free? Alternatively insurance may become available if there's a proven immunization method for Covid-19.

Until then is there a sufficient number of people who would be willing to go on a cruise knowing that they have no health coverage? Are there any countries who will offer such coverage until Florida is Covid-free or until there's a sure way to prevent infection?

I know that at the moment in Ontario, Canada it is impossible to buy such travel insurance coverage to anywhere until government advisories are fully lifted.

The situation with opening dates is not about local governments declaring "open for business" or cruise companies willing to sail. It is about travelers having a peace of mind that should they get sick they will be taken care of by their insurance company or the government.

Trying to understand. What State or area is COVID19 free?  What about when one travels to get to a cruise?

M8