20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well I give professional medical advice based on my thinking every day. And that thinking is formulated by different sources. I also try to educate patients on why I think something and why someone else might think differently. Ultimately, the goal is to enable the patient to make an educated decision about their own health care.

Perfect.  This is exactly what I want my physicians to incorporate when they discuss options with me.  As it should be.

But I do NOT want their political posture to determine what they suggest to me, which I am afraid our dear Dr. Meehan is doing.  Thanks, but I wouldn't take aspirin dosage advice from an anti-vaxxer.  Or someone who thinks Bill Gates is running some worldwide conspiracy.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Perfect.  This is exactly what I want my physicians to incorporate when they discuss options with me.  As it should be.

But I do NOT want their political posture to determine what they suggest to me, which I am afraid our dear Dr. Meehan is doing.  Thanks, but I wouldn't take aspirin dosage advice from an anti-vaxxer.  Or someone who thinks Bill Gates is running some worldwide conspiracy.

As I have said many times, politics and medicine is a bad combination and always will be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife ,an RN working in a hospital for 37 years believes that masks must be worn.

My niece ,an MD for 20 years agrees with my wife.

I am sure that besides your spouse and the You Tube doctor there are others who differ.

I suffer from 13 illnesses.I have not felt worse from wearing a mask.I will continue to do so.

That is the whole point.  It should be a personal decision, not dictated by someone with a set of statistics that can be manipulated to their way of thinking or some political agenda.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Lazz said:

That is the whole point.  It should be a personal decision, not dictated by someone with a set of statistics that can be manipulated to their way of thinking or some political agenda.

Exactly.Coincidentally I just saw something on line pro mask which appeared in the Washington Post.

So forget all the "expert advice", political-drive opinions (of which there are more than enough), and flip-flopping firectives from WHO and CDC.

Look at it this way.

If you do wear a mask, it potentially will help ease the risk of spreading COVID. It impacts no one else, doesn't step on any toes, and doesn't impact any one else's activities. Put simply, there's no harm but there is potential to help the situation we're in together. Put even more simply...you care.

If you don't wear a mask...

Enough said.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

So forget all the "expert advice", political-drive opinions (of which there are more than enough), and flip-flopping firectives from WHO and CDC.

Look at it this way.

If you do wear a mask, it potentially will help ease the risk of spreading COVID. It impacts no one else, doesn't step on any toes, and doesn't impact any one else's activities. Put simply, there's no harm but there is potential to help the situation we're in together. Put even more simply...you care.

Enough said.

That is actually funny considering how many times you have said it!😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

If you do not drive a car, it potentially will help to ease the risk of an accident. It impacts no one else, doesn't step on any toes, and doesn't impact any one else's activities. Put simply, there's no harm but there is potential to help the situation we're in together. Put even more simply...you care.

If you do choose to drive...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you do not drive a car, it potentially will help to ease the risk of an accident. It impacts no one else, doesn't step on any toes, and doesn't impact any one else's activities. Put simply, there's no harm but there is potential to help the situation we're in together. Put even more simply...you care.

If you do choose to drive...

Obtuse comparison at minimum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

But a factually correct statement.

Actually...not even close to the same universe of comparison...so of little value in this discussion.

One could make the same claims about going to the moon...with the same level of non-relevancy.

• Like 1

Just now, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

so of little value in this discussion.

So is any discussion of masks as RCCL CEO has not even hinted that mask will be required to be worn when cruising resumes.

Biker, who is expecting the mods to close this one soon like all the other mask threads. 🐎🤺

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Look at it this way.

Enough said.

This sums up my (and millions of others) take on the issue.

It is such a small thing to do during a fairly limited amount of time, to potentially protect the health of others. I suffer from COPD and emphysema both, and do not find it a burden to wear a face covering for 30-45 minutes while shopping (or checking in for a cruise or waiting for a shore excursion). 

And frankly, it is not an "opinion."  An opinion is who you think will win the Super Bowl.  Or what your favorite color is.  Or even who you want the next elected official to be.  When your action can directly impact the health and well being of others, it ceases being an "opinion" and becomes a deliberate action with consequences. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

So is any discussion of masks as RCCL CEO has not even hinted that mask will be required to be worn when cruising resumes.

Biker, who is expecting the mods to close this one soon like all the other mask threads. 🐎🤺

Actually Mr. Bayley has discussed the topic publicly, travel gent sites have also been informed of future mask policies, and Royal filing for a trademark name  (SeaMask) is much more than a subtle hint.

How the mask policy is eventually rolled out and enforced is still in flight, but thee are folks in Miami's HQ who already know the answers. It's still a process and policy in flight until cruises go back live...making this an active topic for discussion.

It's always interesting to see certain posters advocating closing a thread whenever their views are met with agreement.

Just now, ECCruise said:

This sums up my (and millions of others) take on the issue.

It is such a small thing to do during a fairly limited amount of time, to potentially protect the health of others. I suffer from COPD and emphysema both, and do not find it a burden to wear a face covering for 30-45 minutes while shopping (or checking in for a cruise or waiting for a shore excursion). 

And frankly, it is not an "opinion."  An opinion is who you think will win the Super Bowl.  Or what your favorite color is.  Or even who you want the next elected official to be.  When your action can directly impact the health and well being of others, it ceases being an "opinion" and becomes a deliberate action with consequences. 

Bravo - well said.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

i agree and i think it would be very difficult for any cruise line to find passengers to sail with masks just based on our own polls on CC.  or at least not without having to pretty much giving away the cruises which isnt going to help their cash flow situation.   For my RCLs stock sake, i really hope they come up with some other way to keep an outbreak from happening other than wearing masks.  

21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe the mods should throw in the towel or make the mask tread a sticky. They just keep coming back like the dress code and tipping threads.  

25 minutes ago, 20165 said:

i agree and i think it would be very difficult for any cruise line to find passengers to sail with masks just based on our own polls on CC.  or at least not without having to pretty much giving away the cruises which isnt going to help their cash flow situation.   For my RCLs stock sake, i really hope they come up with some other way to keep an outbreak from happening other than wearing masks.  

Not trying to flame or being funny. 

What is your suggestion since you believe masks don't help or people will not wear them. 

How do we protect each other on the cruise? 

43 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

It's always interesting to see certain posters advocating closing a thread whenever their views are met with agreement.

Not advocating anything - it's the reality of how CC threads are moderated.

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Not trying to flame or being funny. 

What is your suggestion since you believe masks don't help or people will not wear them. 

How do we protect each other on the cruise? 

If the virus is still such a prevalent issue that such measures like a mask are needed for protection do you feel that we should be on the ships in the first place? I ask that in all seriousness and not to be argumentative. I get that we need to go to grocery stores and I do my part when I go. I also do my best to not get all that close too other people when I'm out. But there is nothing necessary about taking a cruise which is an environment that is about as 180 degrees away from what would be considered proper for controlling a pandemic infection.

The way I see it, if a mask is needed to provide safety on the ship, effective or not, then there is still enough risk that my one week vacation is going to be prolonged. That is a risk that I am neither willing nor can I afford to take. So if a mask is a requirement to cruise then I won't be going. If it is not a requirement and my assessment at the time is that it is not safe then I still won't be going.

• Like 6