15 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You’ll need to bring your own glass or drink it out of the bottle. 

Don’t threaten me with a good time. You say that like it’s a bad thing 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

I like your thinking my DS friend. If there's a will, there's a way. 🍺🍔

Wonder if I can get Filet Mignon take out in the airport? 🍽️    Hmmmm...... 🤔🤣😂

Oh well, as long as I can find some adult beverages...may need a mask with a hole flap for the straw.  Drink straight out of the bottle.  😄 

il_340x270.2333031228_c7q7.jpg?version=0

Edited by island lady

3 hours ago, L454S said:

Repeating your lines over and over doesn't make them right, nor does it make them equal "common sense".

Enjoy your cruise with the mask, I just choose not to cruise with one. If I can, I will, and if not I will do something else.

Right now, around here, if a business tries to require a mask....we won't go. Masking around here is waning. Still see some sheep here and there.

I agree with this post and would be shocked if the cruise line require masks, at least for the passengers.  Especially given the surveys i have seen on this board indicate 60% of us wouldnt cruise with a mask.

But, lets say is some bizarreo world they do require us to wear masks, there not going to enforce it.  I have read other posts saying they will kick you off the ship, confine you to your room, etc. No they wont.  We watched 2 people physically fight on a cruise and they didnt kick them off so they are going to kick off passengers for not wearing a mask??

14 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Peggy if you are say 10 feet away from a full COVID19 person and they do not cough or sneeze... I think your chances of catching the coronavirus is virtually nil.  Whether you or they are wearing a mask or not. It appears the infection is spread that way, and  the mask Is really a help when they are actively spewing the virus into the air.  No spewing doesnt matter.  Spewing O crap... I need a hazmat suit.  When spewing is not happening, don’t kiss or have sex with the person and the odds are you will be fine.

jmho and ymmv and I am not a doctor... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express in the last 20 years.

jc

Helpful as always, JC!

1.  I'm lucky if the no-maskers around here where I live stay 2 feet away from me.  I have this little sing-song as I go through the grocery store, "6 feet away, pleeeese!" when they get too close.

2.  I'm trying really hard not to imagine sex with a non-spewer, unless it's Mr. Pcur.  😀

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 20165 said:

I agree with this post and would be shocked if the cruise line require masks, at least for the passengers.  Especially given the surveys i have seen on this board indicate 60% of us wouldnt cruise with a mask.

But, lets say is some bizarreo world they do require us to wear masks, there not going to enforce it.  I have read other posts saying they will kick you off the ship, confine you to your room, etc. No they wont.  We watched 2 people physically fight on a cruise and they didnt kick them off so they are going to kick off passengers for not wearing a mask??

I'm trying to sort through the apples and oranges you're offering up here.  

Two people fighting on a ship are NOT going to make up to 700 other people sick if they have COVID19. 

But, two people not wearing a mask on a cruise ship can, and DID, cause 700 people to become sick.

The cruise line did not lose MILLIONS of $$$$ with two people fighting on a ship.  However, they can lose that much (again) if people don't comply with a mask policy and another shipboard epidemic happens.  So, I think the chances are really good that not wearing a mask can get a person confined to their cabin.

It's a moot point as far as I'm concerned, because we won't sail without a vaccine, and we will sail with masks if asked to do so.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, pcur said:

I'm trying to sort through the apples and oranges you're offering up here.  

Two people fighting on a ship are NOT going to make up to 700 other people sick if they have COVID19. 

But, two people not wearing a mask on a cruise ship can, and DID, cause 700 people to become sick.

The cruise line did not lose MILLIONS of $$$$ with two people fighting on a ship.  However, they can lose that much (again) if people don't comply with a mask policy and another shipboard epidemic happens.  So, I think the chances are really good that not wearing a mask can get a person confined to their cabin.

It's a moot point as far as I'm concerned, because we won't sail without a vaccine, and we will sail with masks if asked to do so.

well, if they start kicking people off the ship at various ports or confine people to their rooms for not wearing masks, im going to guess thats going to also catch the media's attention.  

and my comparison point was cruise lines really havent been good at enforcing the rules in the past and if the risk is that huge if someone isnt wearing a mask, should they really be sailing?

1 minute ago, 20165 said:

well, if they start kicking people off the ship at various ports or confine people to their rooms for not wearing masks, im going to guess thats going to also catch the media's attention. 

and my comparison point was cruise lines really havent been good at enforcing the rules in the past and if the risk is that huge if someone isnt wearing a mask, should they really be sailing?

The first is a "who cares" moment.

The second point is pretty much on target...but look for better enforcement because they'll be held accountable by agencies and the conforming passengers as well. There's little doubt that things will change from past practices...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have been reading where Sweden who didnt lock down is so horrible, then I went to the actual statistics and lots of countries still locked down were worse.  The news, what are you going to believe, apparently everything you read.

I dont

jc

Depends on what you compare Sweden to.  If you compare it to some other Western European countries, their death rate was lower (as is their climate, borders, detection of initial case and many other factors).

If, however, if you compare it to their immediate Scandinavian neighbors,  their death rate is much higher (8x Denmark and almost 20x Norway).

Even the architect of their "open" approach, Anders Tednell has voiced some regret of the posture due to the high death rate.

And, it should be emphasized, although restaurants and cafes remained open, social distancing was enforced to some degree.  And at least a portion of the population did a bit of self quarantine most of the time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

The first is a "who cares" moment.

The second point is pretty much on target...but look for better enforcement because they'll be held accountable by agencies and the conforming passengers as well. There's little doubt that things will change from past practices...

Im pretty sure the cruise lines care about bad media coverage, especially at the start of cruising, but its all mute.  No way they are going to sail with everyone having to wear makes for exactly the reasons in this thread.  How to enforce and lack of people willing to cruise wearing a mask.

2 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Im pretty sure the cruise lines care about bad media coverage, especially at the start of cruising, but its all mute.  No way they are going to sail with everyone having to wear makes for exactly the reasons in this thread.  How to enforce and lack of people willing to cruise wearing a mask.

They'll have more problems and bad publicity NOT enforcing masks than if they do rest assured.

The process is easy...wear it or disembark.  Hopefully some passengers don't make the foolish choice to avoid the required masks while at sea...or maybe that might actually work out better...

5 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

They'll have more problems and bad publicity NOT enforcing masks than if they do rest assured.

The process is easy...wear it or disembark.  Hopefully some passengers don't make the foolish choice to avoid the required masks while at sea...or maybe that might actually work out better...

I have been reading your posts for days/weeks and have to ask, do you happen to work for a mask manufacturer ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have been reading your posts for days/weeks and have to ask, do you happen to work for a mask manufacturer ?

Nope...nor is my real name Zorro or Spiderman.

Looks like reading all those posts could simply be a sign of incredible boredom. 🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Nope...nor is my real name Zorro or Spiderman.

Looks like reading all those posts could simply be a sign of incredible boredom. 🤣

Looks like Zorro's mask does not meet CDC qualifications.  😄 😄 

image.jpeg.cbc84f00c1614160e489a7240ed25ab0.jpeg

• Haha 2

Just now, island lady said:

Looks like Zorro's mask does not meet CDC qualifications.  😄 😄 

image.jpeg.cbc84f00c1614160e489a7240ed25ab0.jpeg

Correct.  That's why I'm not him (nor Spidey, who's mask it better but particulate liquid molecules might be able to penetrate the material)...in one movie he sneezed and covered his mouth to prevent any "spray".  And now we all know these totally exciting facts. WOO HOO.

Just now, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Correct.  That's why I'm not him (nor Spidey, who's mask it better but particulate liquid molecules might be able to penetrate the material)...in one movie he sneezed and covered his mouth to prevent any "spray".  And now we all know these totally exciting facts. WOO HOO.

Would hate to cover up Antonio's totally kissable lips anyway.  😍

Yup...bored.....guess I need to pull out my Zorro DVD to watch.  😄 😄  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Common sense dictates that if people take preventative measures...it can only help - if they do nothing, it accomplishes nothing.

Yet some of the same "I'm not wearing a mask" contrarians also conveniently avoid medical and statistical facts that say the very same thing...they refuse to give in to reason.

There are numerous studies and tests that have been done to validate all this, yet some folks just consciously and defiantly remain in denial. Just one example...

https://reason.com/2020/06/10/wearing-masks-is-an-effective-way-to-control-the-covid-19-pandemic-says-new-study/?fbclid=IwAR1lgHS8INwGHEtsier7jz4Ob-Byr7UrP232cfl3cx8vSRtsVjD7g5VzOQs

Once cruising opens up again in the near future...people can make their own choices on wearing masks off a ship...but on board...rest assured...there will likely be little tolerance for violations....from the cruise lines or other passengers.

There is also studies that have been done that put doubt into the effectiveness of masks.  This recent study is from the CDC:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article?fbclid=IwAR34Cte_OUBY16tdsRFE6Ts22txDxWxacSsa1cNbrKt2jtCvNGK4VBO6I5k#tnF2

"There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza."

As you know both Dr. Fauci and WHO keep shifting their stance on mask use.  If their was such solid evidence that they work, why do they keep fluctuating?  

"

20 minutes ago, Lazz said:

There is also studies that have been done that put doubt into the effectiveness of masks.  This recent study is from the CDC:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article?fbclid=IwAR34Cte_OUBY16tdsRFE6Ts22txDxWxacSsa1cNbrKt2jtCvNGK4VBO6I5k#tnF2

"There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza."

As you know both Dr. Fauci and WHO keep shifting their stance on mask use.  If their was such solid evidence that they work, why do they keep fluctuating?  

"

When they refer to "laboratory-confirmed influenza", does that include Covid-19?

Edited by time4u2go

3 hours ago, pcur said:

Helpful as always, JC!

1.  I'm lucky if the no-maskers around here where I live stay 2 feet away from me.  I have this little sing-song as I go through the grocery store, "6 feet away, pleeeese!" when they get too close.

2.  I'm trying really hard not to imagine sex with a non-spewer, unless it's Mr. Pcur.  😀

Most time even without CV dont want people within 6ft of me. My second outing in 3 months Mom want me PU a Pizza for her. Walked in, paid, as was standing there watched the Cook cut on Pizza, put in a Box all while not wearing a Mask... 

I figured it couldn't hurt in some areas of the ship.  Obviously, it wouldn't work during dinner, but during a show at night or trivia games or other group events where people are huddled together it could be useful.  I have no trouble wearing mine.  It's not like a gas mask or anything and it's super easy to put on and off.  I'm sure a lot of people will wear them while milling about even if they are not required.  I'd be super surprised to see any crew members not wearing them.  They need to protect themselves from us.

• Like 2

It will be just like the airlines if they say to wear a mask.

I have flown 3 times in the last 30 days, on 3 different airlines.

Every one requires to board, but after takeoff, while eating and drinking, not required.

There were quite a few that kept their mask off the rest of the flight after takeoff.

The flight attendants did suggest to those  to wear a mask but only tell you once and then leave you alone. They do not push their limits and enforce it. 

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

When they refer to "laboratory-confirmed influenza", does that include Covid-19?

This from the WHO:  https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/question-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/q-a-similarities-and-differences-covid-19-and-influenza?gclid=Cj0KCQjwz4z3BRCgARIsAES_OVcIr85xLR65Ypp1ISa1VXJ2IjlGntbej84KdMePqlvY7TNaxYmX1DMaAqeWEALw_wcB

"Secondly, both viruses are transmitted by contact, droplets and fomites. As a result, the same public health measures, such as hand hygiene and good respiratory etiquette (coughing into your elbow or into a tissue and immediately disposing of the tissue), are important actions all can take to prevent infection."

The national institute of health has question the use of masks in the past:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4868614/  "The surgical mask is a bad fit for risk reduction"

1 hour ago, Lazz said:

This from the WHO:  https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/question-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/q-a-similarities-and-differences-covid-19-and-influenza?gclid=Cj0KCQjwz4z3BRCgARIsAES_OVcIr85xLR65Ypp1ISa1VXJ2IjlGntbej84KdMePqlvY7TNaxYmX1DMaAqeWEALw_wcB

"Secondly, both viruses are transmitted by contact, droplets and fomites. As a result, the same public health measures, such as hand hygiene and good respiratory etiquette (coughing into your elbow or into a tissue and immediately disposing of the tissue), are important actions all can take to prevent infection."

The national institute of health has question the use of masks in the past:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4868614/  "The surgical mask is a bad fit for risk reduction"

The first article was written 3 months ago. A lot has been learned since then.

That last article was written in 2016. Not sure if the same thing would be written today

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2020 at 2:57 PM, davekathy said:

...My Magic 8 Ball say's, "cannot predict now". 🎱 

On 6/10/2020 at 3:09 PM, island lady said:

Hey Dave!  I think my Gypsy and your eight ball would get along fine! ...

She is working hard for us right now.  😉 

image.jpeg.9f87f1f343e34d67cdc9ca6cb2b5812a.jpeg

🤣

Well I got it straight from the head guy at Royal Caribbean (after I inserted my SeaPass card):

61FEAC22-020D-4ED0-A590-C64668476972.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2