1 hour ago, Langley Cruisers said:

Different area geographically, but  know someone who manages a hair salon and she said for the time being, they are limiting their services. They are not doing beard/mustache trims, nor is either party permitted to talk during hair washing at the sink. Things are definitely different now... 

Yes,I guess it is home trimming for now.

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Oh good, I was getting tired of tipping threads, much better to have a mask thread.🍿 🐎🤺

Biker, who still sees a potential for RCI marketeers to make Seaface work.

So we are back where we started. Masks------> tipping-----> back to masks. 

@Tree_skier will be disappointed.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Oh, there are people here who would wear a gas mask and hazmat suit they're so desperate.

I don't care how much you like cruising. How bad can your life at home be that anyone would subject themselves to travel for leisure under the conditions that are being suggested on these threads. I am so over the masks already I can't imagine wearing one on a cruise or any vacation.  If I was an essential worker I would be looking forward to a vacation anywhere a mask isn't required even if it meant staying home.

• Like 9

We are wondering how things will play out as well.  We are supposed to be sailing July 2021 in the British Isles.  We have been planning this trip for so long, I can't imagine cancelling it just because we were required to wear masks during crowded portions of the cruise.  I am hoping that would be the extent of any mask requirement.  Still too early to know, I guess we just have to be patient and wait and see what happens...

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't care how much you like cruising. How bad can your life at home be that anyone would subject themselves to travel for leisure under the conditions that are being suggested on these threads. I am so over the masks already I can't imagine wearing one on a cruise or any vacation.  If I was an essential worker I would be looking forward to a vacation anywhere a mask isn't required even if it meant staying home.

Why would you think someone's life has to be bad for them to be willing to wear a mask on a cruise? I don't mind wearing a mask. I would wear one on a cruise. And my life is pretty good! 

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

If  As far as airplane travel requiring masks I plan to be sipping a drink from start to finish to limit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is IF drinks are permitted. My husband has flown Delta for business and there was no food or beverage service even in First class.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Why would you think someone's life has to be bad for them to be willing to wear a mask on a cruise? I don't mind wearing a mask. I would wear one on a cruise. And my life is pretty good! 

If you enjoy wearing a mask more power to you.  I hate wearing it for a short period of time. I had to wear one for a few hours while commuting to an appointment in NYC  and during a job interview. It was difficult to communicate given the 6ft social distancing and trying to speak only fogged up my glasses. I would be miserable wearing one on vacation. There are too many places I can visit at home outdoors that won't require a mask.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

If you enjoy wearing a mask more power to you.  I hate wearing it for a short period of time. I had to wear one for a few hours while commuting to an appointment in NYC  and during a job interview. It was difficult to communicate given the 6ft social distancing and trying to speak only fogged up my glasses. I would be miserable wearing one on vacation. There are too many places I can visit at home outdoors that won't require a mask.

I definitely think masks are a personal decision. I personally have no issues wearing a mask but I completely understand people who are not comfortable wearing them. Even if I didn’t like wearing a mask I would still go on a cruise if they were required. But that is due to my cruise addiction that I am fully aware of but don’t know how to treat it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

This mask thread is EXACTLY like the previous mask thread. Time for a new tipping thread?

Indeed - seems the "I would never wear a mask crowd" crowd has to say it over and over again, like doing so makes it right. 

Wearing a mask addresses solving the problem, while not wearing one increases risks.  The choice is clear, except for people who are in denial about the facts.

The good news is that the "no-maskers" keep claiming they won't sail...which is perfectly fine to those who actually care about resolving health issues once and for all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

No maskers, stay at home for my sake. I will gladly wear a mask, especially in public areas. Probably not in the cabin, or, of course, while in water on a slide or pool.

HAHA....too funny.

As if someone else's vacation plans should revolve around what's best for you. 🤣🤣

Edited by Computer Nerd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Indeed - seems the "I would never wear a mask crowd" crowd has to say it over and over again, like doing so makes it right. 

Wearing a mask addresses solving the problem, while not wearing one increases risks.  The choice is clear, except for people who are in denial about the facts.

The good news is that the "no-maskers" keep claiming they won't sail...which is perfectly fine to those who actually care about resolving health issues once and for all.

As I said.... this mask thread is no different than the last... on both sides of the issue.

• Like 1

I wear my mask whenever I leave the house, but I would never take a cruise on which I had to wear a mask.  Does that make me a masker or a non-masker?  Is there a middle ground?  Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

Wow, didn’t expect that. If that continues I will wait until 2022 for sure. Wearing a mask for 6 total hours For the flight and airport is not doable for me. I get to my limit just going to a store. Oh well .

On the news this morning United announced the suspension on food and drink service and the requirement to wear a mask for the entire flight.

14 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Their ship/their rules. If it becomes a requirement, and you don’t want it, then don’t sail. 

Went to Costco last week. Masks were required.  If you want to be in the store, you have to wear a mask. If you don’t wanna wear a mask, go to another store. Seems simple. 

M

Yep we hear that but I think what people are saying When they say they won’t cruise I’d have to wear one is that why on earth would anyone choose to cruise when it is mandatory to wear a mask. There would be absolutely no enjoyment what so ever. Why pay all that money and have to wear a mask. It’s a no for me and if cruise lines make it mandatory they will loose a lot of customers. Things should just get back to normal (not the “new normal“) quite frankly I’ve have enough of it all now 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Wearing a mask addresses solving the problem, while not wearing one increases risks.  The choice is clear, except for people who are in denial about the facts.T

And the cruise addicts can't wait to go with a mask and say it over and over again.

We'll be travelling where we don't have to wear a mask, laughing about the addicted wearing them on a ship.  Great photo ops I'm sure.

FYI the virus isn't going anywhere, masks won't "resolve it once and for all". 

• Like 2