Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

My offer of 50 PUP stated "any excursion", so I went ahead and booked a walking tour in Greenland using some OBC we had. It processed right away and deducted the $50 p/p charge. Got a confirmation email as well.

I already had booked an excursion with Celebrity so hopefully that will count. I did complete the form as required. Didn't see anything that said it had to e a new booking. But I am so far away from the next level that it is really not big deal.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I was already planning to booked a spice tour on Grenada so I did. 

Works for us too Patty. My wife and I were going to do this anyway, so thanks X.....:)

Edited by rlbeck

1 minute ago, 5waldos said:

I already had booked an excursion with Celebrity so hopefully that will count. I did complete the form as required. Didn't see anything that said it had to e a new booking. But I am so far away from the next level that it is really not big deal.  

Should have gotten a conf. email, but you know Celebrity!

For me, it might be worth booking a cheaper one.  I have 701 points, with 5 coming for surveys and and 40 for my cruise in May (that the email came for) 35 in Aqua plus 5 for go green.  That would put me at 746 for sure in time for my August cruise, so adding 5 here would kick me to Elite Plus for sure at the end of the May one.

Decisions, decisions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I got the same offer for the Constellation TA.  I'll pass.  Definitely not into shore excursions where I'm part of a herd.

I just hope we are not training Celebrity that they should just hand out a bunch of PowerUp Points instead of offering straight discounts when they need to stimulate shorex sales..... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, abbydancer said:

For me, it might be worth booking a cheaper one.  I have 701 points, with 5 coming for surveys and and 40 for my cruise in May (that the email came for) 35 in Aqua plus 5 for go green.  That would put me at 746 for sure in time for my August cruise, so adding 5 here would kick me to Elite Plus for sure at the end of the May one.

Decisions, decisions.

We are in about the same boat, so to speak.:) 

Perhaps the "I don't want to risk an X tour booking because of contact tracing, testing positive, having to isolate in an inside cabin, having to call room service for dinner and being on hold for 45mins and waiting three hours for the cold room service food to finally arrive" crowd is actually having an meaningful impact on tour bookings...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I just hope we are not training Celebrity that they should just hand out a bunch of PowerUp Points instead of offering straight discounts when they need to stimulate shorex sales..... 

I suspect they're wanting to see how much business they can drum up with points that don't really cost them revenue.  Discounts may have to come eventually.  Lots of chatter about not wanting to be on buses.

25 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I suspect they're wanting to see how much business they can drum up with points that don't really cost them revenue.  Discounts may have to come eventually.  Lots of chatter about not wanting to be on buses.

I sucked it up and decided to take the City tour with airport drop off.  Our flight leaves 16 minutes before 3pm, which is the recommended time for international flights, but we have airline status and global entry, so we should be fine.  In addition, if it's 3 hours and leaves at 9am, we'll get to the airport roughly 15 minutes after the United counters get staffed (that was our experience this week) so I think we're good there.  

I'm not wild about being on a bus, but at least it's at the end.  And we can always just not go if necessary.

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

cancel and rebook?

I got one and had one booked. But only one so it is possible that they were hoping for more? But I submitted the one I had- I didn't see anyplace where it said only new bookings but there could have been even smaller print someplace. 

15 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Me too. I'm going to give it a try. If it's a no go, it's not a big deal. I'm Elite+ and certainly not going to make it to Zenith.

20 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Timing of this PUP was perfect for us as it coincided with a 30% off excursions sale for our Alaska cruise. One of our excursions dropped significantly in price (about $100 for the 4 of us) so I cancelled it and rebooked 2 tickets under my acct and 2 under my wife's.

• Like 1

I wonder what triggers the points? I have an upcoming cruise in August booked and filled the itinerary with Celebrity excursions because I had so much nonrefundable OBC, it was a no brainer to me. If it's already booked, would it not count? What about if I cancel it and rebook it? Maybe I'll try that...

1 hour ago, Kay&Dee said:

Is it yesterday the 14th - the day for awarding the power up points from last months Webinar ???   I have not yet received them ...

Thank you 🙂

I thought it was the 14th but I have not yet received points for the two questionnaires I took in April (LGBTQ and Europe).  The Italy webinar technically was May 3 although there was some conflicting information on that one about whether points would be awarded the following month like normal or by May 24.

15 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I thought it was the 14th but I have not yet received points for the two questionnaires I took in April (LGBTQ and Europe).  The Italy webinar technically was May 3 although there was some conflicting information on that one about whether points would be awarded the following month like normal or by May 24.

thanks for your reply - I also thought that it was the 14th of each month and I have always received them on the 14th - though I was chasing a single point up last month and was informed that I would be receiving it this month ??   We'll see 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kay&Dee said:

thanks for your reply - I also thought that it was the 14th of each month and I have always received them on the 14th - though I was chasing a single point up last month and was informed that I would be receiving it this month ??   We'll see 🙂

The email for the Italy webinar said that the points would be posted by May 24rh,. It was strange that these were posting on different timing than all of the other activities in the past.