Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Has anyone received their point from last months power up?

If we receive the August point I am five points short for Elite, add tonight’s and I am there, unfortunately we sail on the 12th October, what’s the chances of the points being added before we sail as they say within 14 days of month end.

I know that your status does not change until the end of a cruise when you are earning points on that cruise for sailing, but this is a little different. Power up points can come mid-cruise and might make a difference. All you can do is ask the Captains Club host/hostess

Just now, jelayne said:

Is that something new?  It has been that any points/status change are not awarded mid cruise.

They don't publicize it, but they will do it. In fact, they even told me "We don't normally do this, but we'll make an exception".  Of course, they will make that "exception" 100% of the time. We were just on a back-to-back - our status changed once the first cruise posted, so they updated our onboard status.

5 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

They don't publicize it, but they will do it. In fact, they even told me "We don't normally do this, but we'll make an exception".  Of course, they will make that "exception" 100% of the time. We were just on a back-to-back - our status changed once the first cruise posted, so they updated our onboard status.

They have always done that if you complete the cruise which took you over they will give you the status even before the points post online.

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

They have always done that if you complete the cruise which took you over they will give you the status even before the points post online.

They couldn't do that for us because it was a double-point cruise. They had to wait for it to post and for our status to officially change.

22 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

They couldn't do that for us because it was a double-point cruise. They had to wait for it to post and for our status to officially change.

But it was still done because you were on a b2b and it technically changed on turnover day, even though they needed a few days to se it was double points.

Al least that's how I see it.

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

FYI, it seems they released the link to the U.K. only so far.

I'm in the US and was able to watch it from the link posted here. I didn't get an email.

10 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Has anyone in the US received the email?  I'm a little reluctant to do it, until I learn for sure it's offered in the US.  Thanks.

No email, but I "watched" it from here. Signed on and went about my business while it played.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm in the US and was able to watch it from the link posted here. I didn't get an email.

No email, but I "watched" it from here. Signed on and went about my business while it played.

Too late to edit, I was pointing out that X emailed U.K.ers first; didn't realize my comment could be misinterpreted as it wouldn't work for non-U.K.ers.  My bad...

• Like 1

Just now, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks.  My question wasn't about being able to watch it, it was whether the offer was open to us for the points.  My guess is that if you watch it, and it's not valid for your country, then you won't get the points.

I'll give it a day and then watch I guess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, abbydancer said:

Thanks.  My question wasn't about being able to watch it, it was whether the offer was open to us for the points.  My guess is that if you watch it, and it's not valid for your country, then you won't get the points.

I'll give it a day and then watch I guess.

Yeah...I know it's going to be a while before I can do a cruise or any trip to that area, so I just put it on and half listened while I did other things. Nothing really lost if we don't get the points.

7 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

For some reason, I am not receiving my emails from Celebrity which means I have not received the September Power Up Point email. Can someone offer the link? Tgberlin@comcast.net

Thanks.

We in the US have gotten the email yet.  

1 hour ago, abbydancer said:

Has anyone in the US received the email?  I'm a little reluctant to do it, until I learn for sure it's offered in the US.  Thanks.

Last time we used the link on this thread before we received the e-mail, we weren't awarded the points (and I wonder if that is why, those are the only points we weren't awarded).  So I personally am waiting until it is released to us in the US.

• Like 1