Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

4 hours ago, abbydancer said:

But it was still done because you were on a b2b and it technically changed on turnover day, even though they needed a few days to se it was double points.

Al least that's how I see it.

That's not how the CC host saw it. They only looked at the total - they didn't care where the points came from. I would say that if your status changes for any reason in the middle of a cruise, they'll update it.

In general, no they won’t update you in the middle of the cruise. If you think about it, everyone reaches their threshold of points in the middle of a cruise. Or nearly everyone. The odd person might hit the right number of points on the last day of a cruise but the vast majority get to the required number of days/categories in the middle of a cruise.  That’s why they don’t change your tier level until the cruise is over.  

The back to back passengers who achieve the new tier at the end of cruise one just don’t have to wait the usual 7-10 days for the points to be added to their account.  The Captain’s Club host can manually advance them to the new tier for their second cruise.

15 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

That's not how the CC host saw it. They only looked at the total - they didn't care where the points came from. I would say that if your status changes for any reason in the middle of a cruise, they'll update it.

Your's was an unusual situation, in that when they looked at the CC points for the first cruise, you were still short, and they couldn't verify the double points (let's not go down that road) until they actually posted.  But it was for cruised points, not power up points.

25 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

If you think about it, everyone reaches their threshold of points in the middle of a cruise. Or nearly everyone.

No, you don't get cruise points until the cruise ends. But if you get points from some other source like Power Up and your account shows the new status, I guarantee with 100% certainty that they will upgrade your status onboard.

14 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

But it was for cruised points, not power up points.

It was points, period. The host did not care where they came from, did not ask where the points came from, only that my status showed Elite when they looked in their system.

Edited by mahasamatman

9 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

No, you don't get cruise points until the cruise ends. But if you get points from some other source like Power Up and your account shows the new status, I guarantee with 100% certainty that they will upgrade your status onboard.

It was points, period. The host did not care where they came from, did not ask where the points came from, only that my status showed Elite when they looked in their system.

well, I'm 2100+ points away from my next status, so I won't be the one verifying this.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mahasamatman said:

That is logical. If the points are added and your status shows Elite then you won’t have to wait. 

8 hours ago, gogo65 said:

I’m also in Sydney & got the same email today.  No webinar, just info on Australia & NZ.  It was for 10 PUPs & when I tried to take the quiz it said it had already closed!  To add insult to injury I haven’t received my 2 points yet from last month’s PUPS, sigh.

25 minutes ago, oceancrusin said:

Have NOT received any PUP emails here either.

Just checked the Celebrity website and I still haven't been awarded the single PUP from August...guess I'll check tomorrow.

I haven't got the August point either, but it usually shows up late in the day on the 14th.  Same with cruise postings, show up late in the day.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

This was the best webinar they have done – and thanks for the link, since as usual we didn't get an email invitation.

I agree.  I'm glad to see them really putting something into the more recent webinars.  

Thanks for the link.  We did Australia-NZ on Solstice B2B with pre-cruise time in Melbourne and Sydney and post-cruise in Auckland back in October-November 2019, the last big trip pre-Covid.   Wonderful memories.  I'd love to go back and see more.  

41 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I received 1 Point for the August Australia Quiz.

Also, after calling 4 times, the June Quiz Point has finally been added.  😉  Yay!!!    I did more work to get that 1 Point added than I did to take the quiz.  😂

🍹

I’m still waiting on the 5 points for the Greece one. Have called twice and been on hold for about 5 hours so far. They said they’ll call me once it’s fixed. Sigh. 

7 minutes ago, Veinless said:

I’m still waiting on the 5 points for the Greece one. Have called twice and been on hold for about 5 hours so far. They said they’ll call me once it’s fixed. Sigh. 

I always take screenshots when I take a quiz, watch a webinar, etc...  The June Quiz is the first time I didn't receive what I should have.  Each time I called, only a few minutes wait time and friendly people.  I said I have screenshots to e-mail and they said no but took notes of everything and to wait for however many days they would say.  I did that three times, the third time the lady said she would call me back when taken care of in a few days.  My 4th call, the gentleman let me e-mail the screenshots and kept me on the phone to make sure they came through and gave me a case #.   That time seemed to do the trick, since the point finally arrived.  😉

🍹