Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Just adding my thanks here. Neither of us received this quiz email either.

I really appreciate it when people post so I have the opportunity to use the links provided or check through my spam folder. Every little point helps.😉

Thanks again.👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Indeed.  It's sort of like washing your car.

I attribute the current drought to the fact that I abhore washing my car.

I used to get the PUP e-mails and then they mysteriously stopped, so I'm grateful to the folks who post the links here.  It's not like they don't have my e-mail--I get zillions of marketing e-mails from them all the time.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I used to get the PUP e-mails and then they mysteriously stopped, so I'm grateful to the folks who post the links here.  It's not like they don't have my e-mail--I get zillions of marketing e-mails from them all the time.

I hear you.  I typically get the PUP emails, but this one hasn't come.

It is raining, though!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I hear you.  I typically get the PUP emails, but this one hasn't come.

It is raining, though!

Yay! I live in Perpetual Drought Land (Southern California). We sure need rain there! 
I can not see if you have your location listed as I am on my phone, not my computer. Wherever you are, I’m happy you are getting much needed rain. 

I am wide awake at 12:40 in the morning in Iceland, in hopes of catching the forecasted potential Aurora Borealis. So far, we’ve got nothing. 

I guess we have to come back. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I am wide awake at 12:40 in the morning in Iceland, in hopes of catching the forecasted potential Aurora Borealis. So far, we’ve got nothing. 

I guess we have to come back. 

I was there in August a few years ago. No Aurora. They said September to March is when to visit for the Aurora. 

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I was there in August a few years ago. No Aurora. They said September to March is when to visit for the Aurora. 

Of course more darkness equals a better chance, but there was a small chance forecasted overnight, so I figured it was worth a shot. 
We definitely want to come back for longer in the future, and will do so when the chances are better. 
Four days last time and nine this time were nowhere near enough time in this awesome place. 

8 hours ago, RosieCanberra said:

Argh! My Captain's Club points have reverted back to pre-power up. Just disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice on how to get them back? 

We were already Elite, so we haven't missed a tier. My husband still has his.

Most peculiar.

Someone must have told Celebrity that you were answering the questions without reading the material and they took back your points.  😉

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Someone must have told Celebrity that you were answering the questions without reading the material and they took back your points.  😉

... or ... since the current points are related to Australia, they're not actually awarding anyone new points, just taking them all from the Aussies to give to others.  🙂

Tom

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RosieCanberra said:

Argh! My Captain's Club points have reverted back to pre-power up. Just disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else?

No thank goodness, as I reached Elite + this morning after our latest cruise.PUP and 2 double points cruises got us there.🎉

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RosieCanberra said:

Argh! My Captain's Club points have reverted back to pre-power up. Just disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice on how to get them back? 

Most peculiar.

Bizarre!  Mine are still as they were after the last PUP came in last week.  You prompted me to go take a screenshot, though!

• Like 1

I just wanted provide fair warning that I have contacted the Point Police, and believe me, they do not take cheating on Celebrity Power Points quizzes lightly!

They have been quietly investigating cheating allegations behind-the-scenes, and as I understand it, severe enforcement action is forthcoming.  This may explain why some have seen a change in their Power Up Points balances recently.

In this photo, you can see the Point Police interrogating a Cruise Critic member, whose name I will not disclose to protect the not-so-innocent.

Cheaters, consider yourselves on notice.  It may be appropriate to retain legal counsel at this time.

1f29f385-6337-4dc2-b2af-97d6de88a880.png

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I just wanted provide fair warning that I have contacted the Point Police, and believe me, they do not take cheating on Celebrity Power Points quizzes lightly!

They have been quietly investigating cheating allegations behind-the-scenes, and as I understand it, severe enforcement action is forthcoming.  This may explain why some have seen a change in their Power Up Points balances recently.

In this photo, you can see the Point Police interrogating a Cruise Critic member, whose name I will not disclose to protect the not-so-innocent.

Cheaters, consider yourselves on notice.  It may be appropriate to retain legal counsel at this time.

1f29f385-6337-4dc2-b2af-97d6de88a880.png

So you're the mole

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Of course more darkness equals a better chance, but there was a small chance forecasted overnight, so I figured it was worth a shot. 
We definitely want to come back for longer in the future, and will do so when the chances are better. 
Four days last time and nine this time were nowhere near enough time in this awesome place. 

We did eight days, supposed to be nine days but Icelandair had equipment probems and we lost a day. I tell everyone they should go. We plan to go back. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RosieCanberra said:

Most peculiar.

That's crazy. I'd contact them immediately even though you say it won't make an immediate difference for you.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Or, in the immortal words of Herschmann : ‘Get a Great effing Criminal Defense Attorney’

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Or, in the immortal words of Herschmann : ‘Get a Great effing Criminal Defense Attorney’

Apparently, the crackdown has already begun.  This CruiseCritic member is shown being led in handcuffs from a recent cruise on Celebrity Infinity.  His crime?  Completing the PowerUp Points quiz without actually reading the material provided.  This is a Class C felony.

REQUENA.jpg

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Apparently, the crackdown has already begun.  This CruiseCritic member is shown being led in handcuffs from a recent cruise on Celebrity Infinity.  His crime?  Completing the PowerUp Points quiz without actually reading the material provided.  This is a Class C felony.

REQUENA.jpg

On the bright side, for him, he probably got to skip Customs altogether !

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the laughs everyone, I will email Celebrity. It's very odd. We are sailing Azamara in October and joined their loyalty club with a status match. I noticed my points had reduced when I did this. Must have triggered something? I haven't done anything else. My next Celebrity cruise is over a year away. 

My husband also joined the Azamara club, and his balance is unchanged. 

• Like 1