Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I don't really need any more PUP's and as far as the extra bag of laundry goes I barely fill one bag. Just too fussy with my clothes I guess.  

So how do you handle your laundry?  Or do you pack enough clothing for the entire cruise?

On 6/15/2023 at 5:19 AM, upwarduk said:

No 3 points for May, so I have contacted Celebrity, attaching the screenshot which I took at the end of the Webinar.

Wonder how long it will take them to reply?

Never!

2 hours ago, islandwoman said:

So how do you handle your laundry?  Or do you pack enough clothing for the entire cruise?

I send socks and undergarments to be washed and dried.  3 swimsuits which I live in on hot weather cruises are washed in shower and dried on balcony. I take a few pair shorts and tops which are coordinated and get multiple use out of evening wear as only worn a few hours.  I'll be making use of the 2 item dry cleaning service, however, they damaged my nice white capri pants for which I never received compensation. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2023 at 8:32 AM, cruisestitch said:

No one knows if they are winding down or not.  As long as they are still featured, and prominently, on the website, there is always a chance for more.  

I wasn't implying this was ending.  Clearly I know nobody knows that (except maybe Celebrity) but based on history from when these started they are 100% fewer and further between so that is evidence of winding down even if they wind up again 🙂.  I have recorded every one since the beginning so it is not just imagining. 

Completely ending, now that is for a crystal ball to decide.

Edited by poffles

26 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I send socks and undergarments to be washed and dried.  3 swimsuits which I live in on hot weather cruises are washed in shower and dried on balcony. I take a few pair shorts and tops which are coordinated and get multiple use out of evening wear as only worn a few hours.  I'll be making use of the 2 item dry cleaning service, however, they damaged my nice white capri pants for which I never received compensation. 

I also only send underwear, t shirts and socks in the bags. I learned early on that nice items could be damaged. They also damaged a sports jacket sent to dry cleaning. I believe it was over pressed. 

52 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

No, this is a catch all thread that you started!

I started a power up points thread and every so often I try to bring that back into focus when it drifts into hotels or laundry or general Captains Club issues.😀

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I started a power up points thread and every so often I try to bring that back into focus when it drifts into hotels or laundry or general Captains Club issues.😀

I remember the exact same situation happened in January when we were all biding our time waiting for the new PUP activity to find its way and lo and behold.... 2 days later... there it was and all back on track. 

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I also only send underwear, t shirts and socks in the bags. I learned early on that nice items could be damaged. They also damaged a sports jacket sent to dry cleaning. I believe it was over pressed. 

Anything delicate will come back ruined; pretty much guaranteed. 

13 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

We don't take much that's delicate. My clothes always come back very nice and better folded than I do at home.

A regular cotton sports shirt came back with a hole. Another time a polo shirt had a hole. That is from the bags where where they send it back folded. Regular laundry which I paid for where the shirts came back on hangers I never had any issues.  So know more shirts sent in the free folded laundry bag. 

Edited by Charles4515

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

You could start a laundry thread.  Eventually it would evolve into a Power Up Points thread....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

A regular cotton sports shirt came back with a hole. Another time a polo shirt had a hole. That is from the bags where where they send it out folded. Regular laundry which I paid for where the shirts came back on hangers I never had any issues.  So know more shirts sent in the free folded laundry bag. 

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It is hot enough that it shrinks cotton polo shirts. 

Maybe we've just been lucky.

30 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

We don't take much that's delicate. My clothes always come back very nice and better folded than I do at home.

I sent them a dress which was described so they knew it was to be dry cleaned and it came back folded. Fortunately it was ok. 

16 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

You could start a laundry thread.  Eventually it would evolve into a Power Up Points thread....

If Celebrity reads all the laundry bashing on here it won't be long till we get another PUP.  

23 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It is hot enough that it shrinks cotton polo shirts. 

My 100% polyester tops are fine. Anything with a cotton blend I will not give and once soiled gets put aside for me to wash at home. I guess I'm just very particular. My DH isn't even allowed to touch my laundry. 

1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

I am missing the cause and effect connection between the two.

Whenever a thread has gone off topic, which this one certainly has, it seems Celebrity is quick to send a new activity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

The only items I give are socks and underwear that have previously seen a dryer.

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I also only send underwear, t shirts and socks in the bags.

Let this be an underwear thread.  Do you send boxers or briefs or long johns?  Which came back the same size as was sent?

• Haha 2