Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

4 hours ago, kathynorth said:

So, if I understand this correctly, we should always plug in the captain's club number of the spouse with the highest number of points in order to have impact on your total captain's club points. 

I always do the action for both of us. It only takes about five seconds to go back one page in the browser, change the number, and submit.

11 minutes ago, Belle5129 said:

I don't know if I am right, but that is how I am interpreting it! Now, my husband and I were talking about it (he is not as vested as I am in this subject, but he humors me), and we jokingly wondered what would happen in the event we "consciously uncoupled". Who would get custody of the points? Would I lose my relationship points, get bumped down to Classic and lose my hard-earned laundry privileges?  I think I am just going to make sure that, going forward, we do all activities under both of our numbers 🙂

Ha.   Reminds me of my sister's highly litigious divorce.  One of the issues they fought about (and had the judge involved) was United Airline points.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

So, when are you going to go on your next cruise to take advantage of all those CC points you've been earning??

Hopefully sometime soon, but I need about 60 more points to be Elite +.  I won't live long enough to get to Zenith.  If everything goes right maybe I'll take a last minute trip in a few weeks.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I got all of the correct answers on the first try.  Let me know if anyone needs help.

All of the correct answers?  The one I got said to ask a question you want to know about the new ship Celebrity Beyond.

I'm a bit younger than most and still have a fulltime remote job, I asked if the wi-fi was "Beyond" Princess's wifi which is known far and away as the industry leader.  While I understand many cringe at the idea of working while cruising, I much prefer being able to sit on a pool lounger or a balcony on sea days.  Much better scenery than being at home.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

The link in the PUP email sends me to this:Image.thumb.png.637bd91324fe978fd589fa2fe2a66f66.png

Any helpful advice??

I was able to do it on my phone. Strangely, when I tried sending the correct URL to my computer, I had the same problem as above. 

That's the second email link that has been messed up this week. I wonder if it has something to do with the latest OS update?

Oh, well...

27 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Can anyone confirm that if you click the link that someone else had (ie as posted here or emailed from a friend) and put in your own Captain's Circle number, you get the points you should?

Thanks

In our case either my DW or I, depending on how the planets are aligned, will get the Power Up email. But it has never come to both of our email accounts. So she will forward what she gets to my email address. I will then change the CC number to mine, and then we can both play the game. Heck, sometimes, she’ll get the email with my CC number which she will subsequently have to change to hers before continuing, and vice versa. But, in the end we both always get the CC points posted to our respective accounts.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How about, does the Captain realise her name is an anagram of Cut Me Cake? Then again, looking at her pictures, I don't think she tucks into a lot of cake.

In the end I went with the classic "What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

Wonder if I will get the PUPs...

Edited by BulldustHHH

4 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I just alter my CC number to my husband’s and submit for him as well as mine. 
So already this year we will have earned 3 Captain’s Club points. Creeping nearer Elite+, but won’t achieve that until after our next cruise.

I figure I need 65 more to be Elite Plus by my next cruise.  Another 30 for the one after that, but I will make it on my second Alaska cruise this summer.  I have a lot booked going forward (husband just retired and I do gig type stuff on my own schedule) whee!  so I'll be well positioned if they add a level between Elite + and Zenith.