Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, misterkevin said:

While I understand Celebrity will refund a hotel booking for a cancelled cruise, does anybody know what would happen if one of us tests positive for Covid two days before the cruise? Even when booking the refundable rates on the Celebrity site, the disclaimer states: "Any cancellation received within 4 days prior to the arrival date will incur the first night's charge."

The refund window is going to depend on the hotel. This question isn't directly addressed anywhere, but along the same lines, they are no longer waiving the $200 air penalty when you cancel refundable air tickets after final payment using CWC. I would not be surprised if this was treated the same way. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

We generally mute it anyway and let it run if we're busy. It's not like there's a test lol.

There may be at a later date, as there was for Alaska last year.

They put the original on YouTube, so you could check back for the answers.

Edited by upwarduk

4 minutes ago, KayakOtter said:

Hi Cruise Critics,

I'm watching the Turkey webinar and the screen keeps going dark then showing an expand screen and volume icons then back to normal, it did the same thing last webinar. I was hoping it would be fixed 😞

Erik 😷

Mine was working OK on my phone, but froze when I received a call about 10-15 minutes in. I could not get it to restart. I was able to bring it up on my laptop from the JOIN link, and it managed to start right where I left off on my phone (surprising!).

Tom

8 minutes ago, KayakOtter said:

Hi Cruise Critics,

I'm watching the Turkey webinar and the screen keeps going dark then showing an expand screen and volume icons then back to normal, it did the same thing last webinar. I was hoping it would be fixed 😞

Erik 😷

That's a symptom of moving your mouse over the webinar window. Just don't touch your mouse or keep it away from the window.

This was a good webinar, no issues with sound or buffering, started out a little like "school" and learning about Turkey, but as they got into the ports it was good, and each port ended very well as they discussed different tours.  The last part showing the various cruises and ports was a good summary.  Even the questions were better then other webinars, nothing seemed staged.  We're on the 11 night Beyond sailing, but not until 2023 so lots of time to get excited and research excursions and more!

• Like 2

Totally messed up. Out to dinner EST and just got home thinking the webinar began at 7. Oh well! Still need 37 points to earn that extra bag of laundry!

Wish Elite Plus bennies might be a specialty restaurant meal or complimentary upgrade to Premium beverage package.

24 minutes ago, KayakOtter said:

Hi Cruise Critics,

Erik 😷

We are watching it too ----- boring.
Now that it ended, it doesn't mention retrieving your points.
we'll just have to wait and see.
Barbara 🌴

9 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

This was a good webinar, no issues with sound or buffering, started out a little like "school" and learning about Turkey, but as they got into the ports it was good, and each port ended very well as they discussed different tours.  The last part showing the various cruises and ports was a good summary.  Even the questions were better then other webinars, nothing seemed staged.  We're on the 11 night Beyond sailing, but not until 2023 so lots of time to get excited and research excursions and more!

I agreed with your points and enjoyed the webinar as well. Now I need to see when I can fit this in. Enjoy your cruise in 2023!

I am already booked for a cruise with a stop at Ephesus/Kusadasi in May, so I was actually looking forward to this one. 

My "favorite" part was when the guy said that one of the cities was "like Vegas" in that it is great for cruise ships, or something like that. I'm thinking I must have mis-heard that. I'll blame the dogs who were being cute and distracted me. 

I hope I actually get the points this time. I've done 3 webinars in the past, and only gotten points for 1. I didn't get the "gift" points, either. We are still at the point where the points actually matter, and we have some long cruises next year. The infamous extra bag of laundry will come in handy, if we can get it. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

I am already booked for a cruise with a stop at Ephesus/Kusadasi in May, so I was actually looking forward to this one. 

My "favorite" part was when the guy said that one of the cities was "like Vegas" in that it is great for cruise ships, or something like that. I'm thinking I must have mis-heard that. I'll blame the dogs who were being cute and distracted me. 

I hope I actually get the points this time. I've done 3 webinars in the past, and only gotten points for 1. I didn't get the "gift" points, either. We are still at the point where the points actually matter, and we have some long cruises next year. The infamous extra bag of laundry will come in handy, if we can get it. 🤷‍♀️

I have no dogs to distract me and he did say that about Las Vegas.  I've never cruised there unless you can count the gondola ride at The Venetian as a cruise lol!

• Haha 2

We've been to Turkey twice via cruises...

Istanbul & Kusadasi - the webinar was great for reliving the memories of those visits!

I also had a niece who taught in Turkey, while working on her PHD & a nephew in Istanbul as project manager over seeing the build of a 164' super yacht...
Unfortunately we did not make it for a land trip while either of them were there...
We enjoyed this webinar much more than some of the others!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Von & John said:

We've been to Turkey twice via cruises...

Istanbul & Kusadasi - the webinar was great for reliving the memories of those visits!

I also had a niece who taught in Turkey, while working on her PHD & a nephew in Istanbul as project manager over seeing the build of a 164' super yacht...
Unfortunately we did not make it for a land trip while either of them were there...
We enjoyed this webinar much more than some of the others!

I have also been twice via cruises and I did enjoy the webinar for reliving fond memories. I loved Istanbul and Kudasasi. But I think the presenters missed out on making a good case.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alibaba1 said:

Now that it ended, it doesn't mention retrieving your points.
we'll just have to wait and see.

I always take a screen shot of the last page, in case I need to claim the points. It’s sufficient to have run through the webinar from start to finish and your points will be awarded.

TMALum, why not watch via the UK link, next Wednesday 6pm GMT.

The email invitation only came last night. Link in post# 3977.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, upwarduk said:

TMALum, why not watch via the UK link, next Wednesday 6pm GMT.

The email invitation only came last night. Link in post# 3977.

Thanks, I did register. Will be having lunch out during this showing though! However, I will stream it on my cell phone with the volume low and hope that works! Will set an alarm too.

14 hours ago, RaptorBill said:

That's a symptom of moving your mouse over the webinar window. Just don't touch your mouse or keep it away from the window.

Nope, the issue of the screen randomly fading towards dark and then back to normal occurred on my iPad where there isn't a mouse. And the iPad itself wasn't being touched at all. This was using Safari as the web conferencing software said Chrome wasn't supported.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1