Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

On 2/20/2022 at 11:07 AM, oceancrusin said:

Was unable to watch the live presentation, but received the link for the recorded video.

Watched the video, but it's always questionable if you get your points.... sigh.

I am watching for/waiting to see if I get mine.  If not, I will call them.  The use to post the middle of the following month.  Lately, it has been much faster so give them some time.  IT not like it has to happen this week.  I know my current balance and will check it over the next couple of weeks.

Good luck!  

Celebrity newbie here - I signed up to receive emails from Celebrity and Captain's Club, but I have never gotten any Power Up Points emails. Do these only come after your first sailing? (Our first Celebrity cruise is booked for 2023, so quite awhile to wait.)

On 2/21/2022 at 4:00 PM, BazingAu said:

Celebrity newbie here - I signed up to receive emails from Celebrity and Captain's Club, but I have never gotten any Power Up Points emails. Do these only come after your first sailing? (Our first Celebrity cruise is booked for 2023, so quite awhile to wait.)

PowerUpPoints is a separate signup, your best bet is to check back here frequently.   Make certain that you have your Captain's Club number.   You can then plug that number into any current link shared here.   You should be able to move from being a preview member to a classic member before you cruise.   It will get you a free scoop of gelato and an invitation to a Captain's Club event as well as small discounts on Internet packages and drink package upgrades.   This is based on current Captain's Club Benefits, there may be changes by 2023.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rotoal said:

PowerUpPoints is a separate signup, your best bet is to check back here frequently.   Make certain that you have your Captain's Club number.   You can then plug that number into any current link shared here.   You should be able to move from being a preview member to a classic member before you cruise.   It will get you a free scoop of gelato and an invitation to a Captain's Club event as well as small discounts on Internet packages and drink package upgrades.   This is based on current Captain's Club Benefits, there may be changes by 2023.

The Terms says you must cruise before moving to Classic, but I have no idea if this is enforced:

"Your Captain's Club membership falls into one of six tiers: Preview (prior to sailing), Classic (after first completed cruise), Select (after earning 150 Club Points), Elite (after earning 300 Club Points), Elite Plus (after earning 750 Club Points) and Zenith (after earning 3,000 Club Points). After you complete qualifying sailings, your membership will automatically advance to the applicable membership level. You will enjoy your new membership benefits on the sailing after you reach the next membership level. Your membership number will remain the same as you advance to the next level."

3 hours ago, rotoal said:

It will get you a free scoop of gelato and an invitation to a Captain's Club event

Do they actually charge for gelato on any ships anymore? At least on the Apex, gelato is free for everyone. And I don't even recall there being a Captain's Club event on our October cruise.

3 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Do they actually charge for gelato on any ships anymore? At least on the Apex, gelato is free for everyone. And I don't even recall there being a Captain's Club event on our October cruise.

First I've heard that.

The CC evening HH hasn't been held since Celebrity resumed cruising. 

Edited by davekathy

49 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Yes they still charge for gelato. Perhaps you were looking at the free ice cream and not the gelato?

The Captains Club happy hour is on pause. But there generally is a Captains Club “welcome “event sometime during the cruise, where the top cruisers are introduced and honored. It might be during the daytime late afternoon or evening. Perhaps you were busy doing other things and you missed it.

48 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The CC evening HH hasn't been held since Celebrity resumed cruising. 

Free drinks on Silhouette last summer 5-7 pm, but just not with nibbles in the Sky Lounge, which was very quiet.

I have attached the menu for the Elite Cocktail hour, which is now held in most bars.

We preferred the Ensemble Lounge, as there was no atmosphere in the Sky Lounge.

Also, there were  2 Senior Officers gathering ( instead of 1)., which was held in the Sky Lounge, mid cruise.

887BB0DC-93D4-4B26-9B3C-06980D25A0E2.thumb.jpeg.cebef65edb9a9a96bb9f31b37a246931.jpeg

2C9A355E-84A9-42BB-9264-51490CA63C27.thumb.jpeg.8a16c7b3fc7e3224c82d218be37ad547.jpeg

16C5ED50-95A1-4259-8261-515269059E94.thumb.jpeg.c625686cc15f371dfc77d16ffc0c9ab7.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

59 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Free drinks on Silhouette last summer 5-7 pm, but just not with nibbles in the Sky Lounge, which was very quiet.

I have attached the menu for the Elite Cocktail hour, which is now held in most bars.

We preferred the Ensemble Lounge, as there was no atmosphere in the Sky Lounge.

Also, there were  2 Senior Officers gathering ( instead of 1)., which was held in the Sky Lounge, mid cruise.

I never said the CC HH drinks loaded on the Seapass cards weren't still available from 5 -7 PM and  especially if the AI isn't part of the booking.  Just the organized CC HH event in the Sky Lounge isn't currently being held.   The reason for the CC HH beverage menu (same one as it always has been) is those are the drinks you are limited to when ordering CC HH drinks whether in the Sky Lounge or other bars. That also is nothing new. 

Good to hear that the Senior Officers party was still being held. I wonder if two were specific to your sailing and not fleetwide. 

Edited by davekathy

Was this actually a live/different seminar from the one last week??

Anyway I managed to stay awake this time around. Let's see if the confirmation email will come this time but I have little hope as contrary to last week I didn't even get the reminder an hour before.

13 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Was this actually a live/different seminar from the one last week??

Anyway I managed to stay awake this time around. Let's see if the confirmation email will come this time but I have little hope as contrary to last week I didn't even get the reminder an hour before.

Last weeks was not live.

7 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

But there generally is a Captains Club “welcome “event sometime during the cruise, where the top cruisers are introduced and honored. It might be during the daytime late afternoon or evening. Perhaps you were busy doing other things and you missed it.

If they had one, they didn't tell anyone about it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

The Terms says you must cruise before moving to Classic, but I have no idea if this is enforced:

We are traveling with a friend who did sign up as a Preview member, but hasn't cruised yet.   I read here that a Preview member had received some CC points for one of the Power Up opportunities, and so our friend started participating and is now listed as a Classic member.    I guess we will find out for sure when he calls Celebrity to upgrade his drink package using the Classic member discount. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rotoal said:

We are traveling with a friend who did sign up as a Preview member, but hasn't cruised yet.   I read here that a Preview member had received some CC points for one of the Power Up opportunities, and so our friend started participating and is now listed as a Classic member.    I guess we will find out for sure when he calls Celebrity to upgrade his drink package using the Classic member discount. 

If he's listed as CLASSIC then that's what his status is, together with all benefits that entails. There is really no reason why that should be excluded under the PUP system. Not like there are significant advantages of being a CC Classic member.

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes they still charge for gelato. Perhaps you were looking at the free ice cream and not the gelato?

The Captains Club happy hour is on pause. But there generally is a Captains Club “welcome “event sometime during the cruise, where the top cruisers are introduced and honored. It might be during the daytime late afternoon or evening. Perhaps you were busy doing other things and you missed it.

Not only did we have a CC get together on our NYE sailing on Summit, but it was a very good one.  Of course the CEO was onboard, so not sure if that made any difference.

1 hour ago, sherylc said:

Does anyone know when Power up Points for booking a hotel through Celebrity will show up -- the month you book or the month you actually stay in the hotel?

what is this???  I booked a hotel and flights via celeb for the holiday cruise - then went into post cruise isolation in a hotel which Celeb covered.  wondering if I should be cheeky and ask for PUPs??