Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

8 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

On many of the prior webinars, you could add more Capt Club members where the numbers were all loaded into the same field.  The difference here is the format--separate fields for each CC number.

Understand. This just makes it easier to register myself along with my DW as well as our 2 daughters all in one easy process. The question is if only I actually watch it, will they each get credit for "watching" it as well using this new registration format?

Please enter ONE additional Captain’s Club ID using the space below, if four guests are watching together. Captain’s Club ID must be 9 digits long and start with a #7 or #8. Please use NUMBERS ONLY (ex. 888888888).

I would have thought on prior registrations, where each person submitted the same form but with their CC number, they still had to "watch" the webinar from their computer to get the Power Up points. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Understand. This just makes it easier to register myself along with my DW as well as our 2 daughters all in one easy process. The question is if only I actually watch it, will they each get credit for "watching" it as well using this new registration format?

Please enter ONE additional Captain’s Club ID using the space below, if four guests are watching together. Captain’s Club ID must be 9 digits long and start with a #7 or #8. Please use NUMBERS ONLY (ex. 888888888).

I would have thought on prior registrations, where each person submitted the same form but with their CC number, they still had to "watch" the webinar from their computer to get the Power Up points. 

I don't think you understand what I am saying because the old registration form allowed you to enter multiple CC numbers and hit the registration button just once.  Same easy process.

13 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I don't think you understand what I am saying because the old registration form allowed you to enter multiple CC numbers and hit the registration button just once.  Same easy process.

Oh, ok. We never knew that. From the beginning since June 2020 when either my DW or I would get the Power Up emails, never both of us, we would forward the email to the other, make sure our applicable CC number was entered, and then we would separately submit the registration. Then, each of us would have to listen to the seminar on separate devices or submit the answers separately to the questions to get credit for the event. I never knew we could submit multiple CC numbers on that line item in the form.

13 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Oh, ok. We never knew that. From the beginning since June 2020 when either my DW or I would get the Power Up emails, never both of us, we would forward the email to the other, make sure our applicable CC number was entered, and then we would separately submit the registration. Then, each of us would have to listen to the seminar on separate devices or submit the answers separately to the questions to get credit for the event. I never knew we could submit multiple CC numbers on that line item in the form.

Very early on, what you described was exactly correct.  A little later, Celebrity allowed you to register multiple CC numbers at the same time for a webinar using one form.  Now they have tweaked the registration form.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

First time I've seen multiple numbers. I like it.

Me too. I have always registered myself and my husband separately.

Also, timing is better for UK passengers, we get to watch at 6pm GMT, instead of having to wait until 6pm EST, which is 11pm GMT, as we did for the Turkey webinar..

I first registered using the link above, then found my email late last night, so registered using that.

I was then able to de-register from the late night one, leaving 2 space available for others to register.

Edited by upwarduk

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

timing is better for UK passengers, we get to watch at 6pm GMT, instead of having to wait until 6pm EST, which is 11pm GMT, as we did for the Turkey webinar.

You don't actually need to watch to get the points. Just start the link whenever you want (even hours ahead of time) and let it play by itself.

36 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

You don't actually need to watch to get the points. Just start the link whenever you want (even hours ahead of time) and let it play by itself.

I like to take a screen shot of the last page where it says ‘Finished, ’ so I can claim the points if I’m not awarded them.

20 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I just registered. Thanks for the heads up, everyone.

Here is the full link that should work for others that are interested: https://click.email.celebritycruises.com/?qs=ef69a018e09dfd65ea90d9a969be736e8175f84b3ab85df1c5cb014bdd295e3af3458a97f2eda6da4b8ca934ec21a26983ed8b55f7677a722ba89d010686c7a4

Thank you!!

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Thanks for the link. But I don't see how to log in to watch. How can I open it, please?

As abbydancer said, you should be receiving an email at the address that you specified when you registered.  The email will have the link that you will need to use at the date and time of the webinar.

8 minutes ago, jayde43 said:

Hi all,

A quick question,  how do you see if you have been rewarded the points?   I’m not sure I have received the points from the last activity or 2.

TIA 😊

Hi, Debbi.  It's been a long time since the Great Barrier Reef cruise.

There is no way to "see" if you have been rewarded the PowerUp Points directly.  You are awarded the converted Club Points (10 PUP = 1 CC) to your Capt Club account the following month.  That is the only way you  know.  So you have to track them yourself, do the math conversion, and then see if you were awarded the proper CC points in the following month.....

David

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

Somewhere awhile back in this thread it was discussed how to determine the total number of CC points that have been applied to you account through Power Up participation. 

Basically, you count the CC points issued on each of your previous cruises listed in your account. Then subtract that total from the total number of CC points listed in your account. The difference, of course, is the number of CC points gained through the Power Up program.

Since any earned PU points will be posted to your account on or just before the 15th of month, you just need to remember how many you had prior to that date.

• Like 1

This is a reminder that the "All About Spain" webinar will be shown today.  5 pm for me (not sure what it is on other geographic locations).

I don't know if registration is closed or full right now, but here is a link to register for it:

https://click.email.celebritycruises.com/?qs=ef69a018e09dfd65ea90d9a969be736e8175f84b3ab85df1c5cb014bdd295e3af3458a97f2eda6da4b8ca934ec21a26983ed8b55f7677a722ba89d010686c7a4

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

This is a reminder that the "All About Spain" webinar will be shown today.  5 pm for me (not sure what it is on other geographic locations).

I don't know if registration is closed or full right now, but here is a link to register for it:

https://click.email.celebritycruises.com/?qs=ef69a018e09dfd65ea90d9a969be736e8175f84b3ab85df1c5cb014bdd295e3af3458a97f2eda6da4b8ca934ec21a26983ed8b55f7677a722ba89d010686c7a4

Thanks for the link. I just registered so it's not too late.