Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

I cannot wait to get my free bag of laundry with a suggested retail value of $49.  However, it may take MANY years to get there and several $$$ cruises .  Gee, on a $5000 cruise, that amount represents almost 1 %.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keesar said:

I cannot wait to get my free bag of laundry with a suggested retail value of $49.  However, it may take MANY years to get there and several $$$ cruises .  Gee, on a $5000 cruise, that amount represents almost 1 %.    

I only have only let them do underwear, socks and t shirts in that bag of laundry after they ruined a couple of shirts. They must run those bags on high heat. 

13 minutes ago, keesar said:

11 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I only have only let them do underwear, socks and t shirts in that bag of laundry after they ruined a couple of shirts. They must run those bags on high heat. 

Pricing is up there, this is from the Millie from this past weekend

IMG_6630.jpg

18 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

We send everything to the laundry, all our clothes are machine washable, we don't bring anything that requires hand washing.

We go on long cruises, our last was 57 days, 4 Back-to-Backs, so doing laundry is necessary for us.

All you have to do to keep your laundry coming out great is to write:
"COLD WASH - LOW HEAT DRY" on your ticket. If a particular item needs air drying or lying flat, just write that next to the item. 

We'll be Zenith later this year and we've been sending everything to Celebrities laundry for years. No issues, but we've always been writing that on our tickets.

Also, if you don't have any free laundry yet, Celebrity runs a special once a cruise with reduced pricing.

If you go on the "Behind the Scenes" Ship's tour you'll see how they do laundry and can care for it if you just ask!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello, Folks!

I need a bit of assistance, please. 

My previous email about my missing PUPs has not been answered. I am trying again, directly to Andrea Shey. 

I am including that we have watched four webinars so far, yet only gotten points for one (I know It is too early for the Turkey points).

As I recall, one webinar was about Alaska, and another was regarding Greece (or maybe the whole region). I cannot remember what the other one we watched was about, and neither can PapaFej. 

Do any of you kind folks remember other webinar subjects? I imagine that, once I see it, I will recognize which one I watched. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Hello, Folks!

I need a bit of assistance, please. 

My previous email about my missing PUPs has not been answered. I am trying again, directly to Andrea Shey. 

I am including that we have watched four webinars so far, yet only gotten points for one (I know It is too early for the Turkey points).

As I recall, one webinar was about Alaska, and another was regarding Greece (or maybe the whole region). I cannot remember what the other one we watched was about, and neither can PapaFej. 

Do any of you kind folks remember other webinar subjects? I imagine that, once I see it, I will recognize which one I watched. 

Thanks in advance. 

I recall one about the Galapagos islands.

Edited by Luvcrusn

14 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

The month you actually stay in the hotel

That's not how I read the T&C:

Offer applies to new individual bookings. Captain’s Club Members receiving this email are eligible to earn 50 Power Up Points for making a qualifying hotel reservation through Hotels by Celebrity. Offer is applicable to new reservations made between February 17, 2022 – February 28, 2022. The offer applies to each Captains Club member on the reservation. Power Up Points to be awarded once per eligible reservation. To qualify, hotel reservation must include member’s first name, and last name. Once the reservation is complete, the eligible member must complete the form at the ‘Enter Booking Details’ link above and enter their first name, last name, hotel reservation number, and cruise booking details. Details entered in the form must match those on the hotel reservation and cruise booking to qualify. Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and temporarily added to a participating member’s Club Points balance within 14 days after the month’s end. If the qualifying booking is cancelled, points awarded will be removed.

19 hours ago, malted muse said:

what is this???  I booked a hotel and flights via celeb for the holiday cruise - then went into post cruise isolation in a hotel which Celeb covered.  wondering if I should be cheeky and ask for PUPs??

Absolutely be "cheeky" if it means the possibility of being awarded those PUPs! 

The worst that can happen is No, but without asking, you'll never Know!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Most likely the PUPs will be awarded by the middle of the month after your stay is completed. That is how they award all other PUPs.

I guess I was answering the question so didn't make myself clear. I actually meant that the OP had to stay in the hotel first before getting the points. They won’t be given out when the reservation is made….yes, they are posted middle of following month 

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

I actually meant that the OP had to stay in the hotel first before getting the points. They won’t be given out when the reservation is made….yes, they are posted middle of following month 

As Fly and Sail pointed out, that's not how the T&C read. The way it's written, you get the points (temporarily) the month after booking, but they wil claw them back if you cancel. This can lead to abuse by booking multiple hotels to get a temporary bump that could be enough to push you to the next level, but I'm sure Celebrity also has clauses in the main T&C that allow them to cut you off for fraud or program abuse.

12 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

As Fly and Sail pointed out, that's not how the T&C read. The way it's written, you get the points (temporarily) the month after booking, but they wil claw them back if you cancel. This can lead to abuse by booking multiple hotels to get a temporary bump that could be enough to push you to the next level, but I'm sure Celebrity also has clauses in the main T&C that allow them to cut you off for fraud or program abuse.

Probably hard to do that though just because someone cancels ONE hotel reservation (since only one reservation counts for the 50 PUPs). People cancel hotels all the time for a variety of reasons.

'

Since the t&c don't explicitly prescribe a date range for the hotel booking, I booked one in Bangkok for $12 where I'm staying (cough) prior to my flight to the U.S. to catch my Solstice cruise. Submitted the form, lets see if it's posting.

1 hour ago, mahasamatman said:

My mistake. I thought it was 50 PUP per reservation.

Yeah in that case it'd be a bonanza with tons of speculative bookings but with 50 PUP / 5 CC points the potential for deception is so low that it's not even worthwhile policing it IMHO.

Edit: You got me thinking and I read again.

"The offer applies to each Captains Club member on the reservation. Power Up Points to be awarded once per eligible reservation." I wonder if the term "Reservation" applies to each hotel or each cruise reservation!?

Edited by Fly and Sail

17 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Probably hard to do that though just because someone cancels ONE hotel reservation (since only one reservation counts for the 50 PUPs). People cancel hotels all the time for a variety of reasons.

'

Since the t&c don't explicitly prescribe a date range for the hotel booking, I booked one in Bangkok for $12 where I'm staying (cough) prior to my flight to the U.S. to catch my Solstice cruise. Submitted the form, lets see if it's posting.

I got one for $11 with free Internet in Bangkok.  Worth the 5 credits and cheaper than a night on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I just bit the bullet and did a reservation.  I did book refundable, even though it was a bit more than non refundable, but still less than the same on the Marriott site.  Now I have to figure out how to put my Marriott number into it.

And I just cancelled it, because if I convert the cost in canadian dollars to booking with Marriott to us, it's about 50.00 cheaper.  I don't need 5 CC points that much.

9 hours ago, keesar said:

I got one for $11 with free Internet in Bangkok.  Worth the 5 credits and cheaper than a night on a cruise ship.

Are you based in BKK for this in order to perform a check in or do a no show? In the very least I can tell them I needed a hotel prior to my flight since I'm based here.

2 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Are you based in BKK for this in order to perform a check in or do a no show? In the very least I can tell them I needed a hotel prior to my flight since I'm based here.

I have a relative in Thailand.  Looks like a good way to get some points at a cheap price.  

2 hours ago, keesar said:

I have a relative in Thailand.  Looks like a good way to get some points at a cheap price.  

Let's hope they post. So far I had nothing posted for either:

• Booking a Caribbean cruise
  • Gift Box
  • Webinar

Didn't get a confirmation Email from the last webinar either and now the hotel promotion.

If these points don't post by end of May I'll file a complaint with the Florida AG since Celebrity isn't reacting.