The Daily for Sunday Jun 14, 2020

richwmn

Good afternoon! Thank you for the Daily, Rich. I appreciate seeing where each ship is. It gets my imagination rolling for down the line.

Happy Flag Day to the American friends.

I'm not a Bourbon fan at all. I'll stick to my green tea and cheap (often homemade) wine.

How true is Mark Twain's quote? So sad that there should be any doubt or any untruths about (there go those rose-coloured glasses in my bubble!)

We're having turkey breast and the fixings for supper. We're going to have a backyard visit with my son, daughter-in-law and grandson. I'm bummed because they still want to protect us, so it won't be a close visit. ie no hugs 😢 The little one is going to daycare and they don't want to take any chances with our health. 

Have a wonderful day!

• Like 5

Thanks for all the information Rich. Sorry Father, I am pouting about my missed cruises, but also all the other gathering I am missing this spring and summer.  I am so ready to visit and share smiles, if not hugs and sail the seven seas, or at least cruise the nearest seven states in my trailer. 

At least I have all of you who are so upbeat on this forum. Thanks. 

• Like 3

Afternoon all and thanks for the update. 
It’s really not been a good day. I was talking my brother for lunch out of town, when I ran over a tire that someone dropped right before me in the middle of the road. It hit another car and gave them a flat. I couldn’t avoid it and it got stuck under my car. The car had to be towed because it was leaking fluid. 
The police officer was really nice and stayed with us . Had to call a friend from church to take us home. Already filed an insurance claim , police said no way to find car that dropped it. 
I hope every one is having a better day. 
I really need a 🚢

Just now, 1ANGELCAT said:

It’s really not been a good day. I was talking my brother for lunch out of town, when I ran over a tire that someone dropped right before me in the middle of the road. It hit another car and gave them a flat. I couldn’t avoid it and it got stuck under my car. The car had to be towed because it was leaking fluid. 
The police officer was really nice and stayed with us . Had to call a friend from church to take us home. Already filed an insurance claim , police said no way to find car that dropped it. 
I really need a 🚢

Sorry no cruise.  But I'll send you a virtual hug.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I really need a 🚢

OMGOSH 1ANGLECAT!!!!!

First are you ok? How horrible and scary that had to of been!  I am glad your friend at church came to get you!! This has to be very stressful and upsetting!! Just having to deal with insurance can be a headache!

Hope you can relax and I hope your car is ok Too!  To relax I always close my eyes and am on the water!

may the rest of your day be relaxing!

Take care

Denise😊

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

OMGOSH 1ANGLECAT!!!!!

First are you ok? How horrible and scary that had to of been!  I am glad your friend at church came to get you!! This has to be very stressful and upsetting!! Just having to deal with insurance can be a headache!

Hope you can relax and I hope your car is ok Too!  To relax I always close my eyes and am on the water!

may the rest of your day be relaxing!

Take care

Denise😊

Thanks Denise, I’m ok just really upset, it was that kind of week. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

image.jpeg.f4245ffeab6812f29ac5bc7631f3b34a.jpeg

Good morning Rich. Love your quote and dinner suggestion. Hello fellow Daily-ites and my 2 special sisters.

We've been shopping, shopping, shopping getting ready for our house to close Wednesday. We did a drive-by yesterday afternoon and everything is looking great. 

Wishing everyone a fabulous, peaceful day. Remember to stay safe. Those nasty covid numbers are on a rise..

She’s baaaaaacccccckkkkk!🎉

Enjoy getting settled.

Sadly I live in a state where so many citizens believe “reopening” = no more virus threat. Not to mention a Governor who does not count all cases.

Stay well Joy!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Have an awesome cruise!

Roy

Thank you, Roy! No dolphins, but Great Blue Herons and egrets, & lots of fish jumping. A couple of good sized ones, too!  It was a gorgeous day to be out on the water!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you, Roy! No dolphins, but Great Blue Herons and egrets, & lots of fish jumping. A couple of good sized ones, too!  It was a gorgeous day to be out on the water!

And social distancing should be easy on the water!

Roy

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Thanks Rich once again!

Flag Day, a good reminder to me to get a new one. Our last one got taken out by a rather inconvenient tree limb that fell on the front of the house and busted through the roof....less than a month after we got a new roof put on. The Fates laugh at us mere mortals.

Bourbon Day. Yes, got that covered. Living on the Whiskey Trail has it's advantages. We actually have friends who, when they visit, load up due to variety and price. 

CTscan and DR appt last Friday were good. Doc says everything looks normal now and blood work is good too but he has me on ulcer meds for the next month. I am glad it is an easy fix. That is a relief. 

No clue what's for dinner tonight but yesterday we got boneless ribeyes, fresh corn, and sweet potatoes from our local butcher/produce mart and while I could only eat some of the grilled steak, it was divine. The grilled corn was also wonderful.

I am so glad your test results were good! Hope everything takes care of itself with the meds. Ribeye is my fave cut, glad you got to enjoy a little of it. Stay well.

Ooh the Whiskey Trail! Do you have a favorite bourbon? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good morning Rich to all CCers, and to my 2 very special sisters!!

quote  for the day Mark Twain is a wise man👍 Now here’s a quote from David this am on National Bourbon 🥃 Day!

”Works for me” He probably has 3 different 
brands to go with cigars when we sit outside.   

Denise, you can’t just make this statement and not share which are his three faves.  I will pass on the cigars, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I really need a 🚢

@1ANGELCAT, holy cow! First, I am glad that you are ok.

Though I am sorry that this happened, you could try having fun with your claims and reports. Something like - attacked by flying tire, or tire jumped under my moving vehicle...  

Seriously, if you were jolted around in any way, you may experience some aches and pains in a day or two - so take care.

Hope the repair & claim processes go smoothly & stay well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Denise, you can’t just make this statement and not share which are his three faves.  I will pass on the cigars, though.

image.thumb.jpeg.5ffb45299b76a72724d522f042227851.jpegDavid has another one in a decanter but he can’t remember what brand it is! LOL! I like Makers, the others well he says it goes well with cigars!🙄

Denise😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

I am so glad your test results were good! Hope everything takes care of itself with the meds. Ribeye is my fave cut, glad you got to enjoy a little of it. Stay well.

Ooh the Whiskey Trail! Do you have a favorite bourbon? 

Thank you!!

We love ribeyes. Even the fat melts in your mouth.

Dh and I are pretty new to the whisky scene (been at it maybe 4 years now) having been wineauxs for decades.

Which is my favorite?? That is a hard question.

Longbranch by Wild Turkey is excellent.  I like the round caramel flavors and touch of orange citrus brightness.

I also like Russell's Reserve (also a Wild Turkey brand), which to me has a mild cherry or marzipan flavor to it.

Eagle Rare I find quite exceptional for the price point. It's seriously smooth (no burn at all) with a nice vanilla and honey flavor. A real treat I would never pass up.

Edited by fatcat04

4 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5ffb45299b76a72724d522f042227851.jpegDavid has another one in a decanter but he can’t remember what brand it is! LOL! I like Makers, the others well he says it goes well with cigars!🙄

Denise😊

Elijah Craig is a nice whisky. We have that one as well. 🥂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Thank you!!

We love ribeyes. Even the fat melts in your mouth.

Dh and I are pretty new to the whisky scene (been at it maybe 4 years now) having been wineauxs for decades.

Which is my favorite?? That is a hard question.

Longbranch by Wild Turkey is excellent.  I like the round caramel flavors and touch of orange citrus brightness.

I also like Russell's Reserve (also a Wild Turkey brand), which to me has a mild cherry or marzipan flavor to it.

Eagle Rare I find quite exceptional for the price point. It's seriously smooth (no burn at all) with a nice vanilla and honey flavor. A real treat I would never pass up.

Thank you so much! I used to be a fan of Wild Turkey before I discovered wine. Then I just lost sight of it.  I will have to try it again. The Longbranch sounds amazing.

• Like 1