New President - Gus Antorcha

UM-Fan

Congratulations and best of luck. Nice of HAL to appoint someone with Guest Services experience. I look forward to Mr. Antorcha and Mr. Kruse working together to both bring back some of the HAL traditions beloved by so many and introduce innovations to improve the HAL experience even more.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

Congratulations and best of luck. Nice of HAL to appoint someone with Guest Services experience. I look forward to Mr. Antorcha and Mr. Kruse working together to both bring back some of the HAL traditions beloved by so many and introduce innovations to improve the HAL experience even more.

I hope we do get some of the things back that has made HAL special.  If so, it might take a while with money being tight once cruising resumes.

Comments like....'best live music at sea",   "..culinary program that rivals the best land based restaurants..", 

I wonder if he has been a HAL cruise?

I very much doubt than even the most ardent HAL boosters would swallow this.

Despite the PR we wish him well.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1

I, like many of you, am glad he is an insider in the Cruise industry and wish him well.  I hope he remembers Holland America line is NOT Carnival  Cruise Line and HAL ships are not "fun ships."  We have a different breed of cruiser.  HAL passengers are a bit more stayed than are Carnival cruisers. 

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, iancal said:

Comments like....'best live music at sea",   "..culinary program that rivals the best land based restaurants..", 

I wonder if he has been a HAL cruise?

I very much doubt than even the most ardent HAL boosters would swallow this.

Despite the PR we wish him well.

Answer: More recent than you have..........😎

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

More recent than many of the people who post their experience on this very forum.

Have you cruised recently  on any competing lines in order to form an opinion on this let alone validate this outlandish claim?

Edited by iancal
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Himself said:

I, like many of you, am glad he is an insider in the Cruise industry and wish him well.  I hope he remembers Holland America line is NOT Carnival  Cruise Line and HAL ships are not "fun ships."  We have a different breed of cruiser.  HAL passengers are a bit more stayed than are Carnival cruisers. 

As usual well said and I agree 100%.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, iancal said:

More recent than many of the people who post their experience on this very forum.

Have you cruised recently  on any competing lines in order to form an opinion on this let alone validate this outlandish claim?

We're not talking about "competing lines" here and/or comparing HAL with them - you're the one making claims about HAL, yet by your own admission, you haven't sailed the line for years 😎

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Himself said:

Agree 110%............

• Like 1

I am not fond of being referred to as "stayed". Would rather hit BB King's and have a dance and a cocktail or 2. With a financial and guest services background,  he can just compare revenues from BB King's to the classical music sets. I'm 68 years old, 4 star, and am not ready for "stayed". Maybe next year I will be, then I can join the complainers that the music is too loud!

5 hours ago, Himself said:

We have a different breed of cruiser.  HAL passengers are a bit more stayed than are Carnival cruisers. 

Many friends who have discovered HAL over the years tell me they like the feeling of "calmness" onboard,

compared to the other lines they've been on.  Age demographic: 30+ yrs. 

• Like 3

He is likely to provide better leadership than HAL has enjoyed in the recent past. There are several things which could be done better on HAL ships. He will not have to go looking for things which need improving. I wish him well, but I am not hopeful.

23 hours ago, Himself said:

Come on father, Hal is a wild and crazy cruise line!

• Like 1