Allure, pros and cons? It’s been awhile

I’ve been astray from RCCL for about 7 years now, but after my recent Carnival cancel for August I decided to book with RCCL pretty much due to Cruise with Confidence assurance. We booked 8/15/21 and I was hoping to get some feedback about the ship. The itinerary is ok, but would have liked to do something other than Bahamas and Jamaica, which we’ve done many times before.

I’m traveling with my 3 teenage children 13, 17 & 19 so I needed a ship that will keep them busy. Any feedback would be great , but I’m particularly interested in any feedback on a promenade interior room. We usually start booking at the bottom and usually by sailing date we end up in a balcony or suite. Due to upgrade offers. If for some reason we stay where we are booked now, I’m just curious to room size for 4 is it “terribly “ crowded in that category, is it noisy being on deck 7 , are the rooms pretty much private though there’s an interior window? Again please share the good and the bad, or any info that would be helpful learning about the Allure . Like I said haven’t been on Royal in quite sometime. Thank you, kindly. Fingers crossed cruising resumes soon!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

24 minutes ago, setsail1975 said:

If for some reason we stay where we are booked now, I’m just curious to room size for 4 is it “terribly “ crowded in that category, is it noisy being on deck 7 , are the rooms pretty much private though there’s an interior window?

If not much more, look to get 2 cabins. You can get privacy by closing the blinds - noise should not be an issue.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, setsail1975 said:

I’ve been astray from RCCL for about 7 years now, but after my recent Carnival cancel for August I decided to book with RCCL pretty much due to Cruise with Confidence assurance. We booked 8/15/21 and I was hoping to get some feedback about the ship. The itinerary is ok, but would have liked to do something other than Bahamas and Jamaica, which we’ve done many times before.

I’m traveling with my 3 teenage children 13, 17 & 19 so I needed a ship that will keep them busy. Any feedback would be great , but I’m particularly interested in any feedback on a promenade interior room. We usually start booking at the bottom and usually by sailing date we end up in a balcony or suite. Due to upgrade offers. If for some reason we stay where we are booked now, I’m just curious to room size for 4 is it “terribly “ crowded in that category, is it noisy being on deck 7 , are the rooms pretty much private though there’s an interior window? Again please share the good and the bad, or any info that would be helpful learning about the Allure . Like I said haven’t been on Royal in quite sometime. Thank you, kindly. Fingers crossed cruising resumes soon!!

Deck 7 is not noisy.

4  adults or adult-sized people in a Promenade cabin will be very uncomfortable, IMO, but people do it.

Don't expect upgrade offers.

If you want complete privacy, just keep the drapes closed.

• Like 1

Take a picture of your children. Because of teen club and club fuel on board our daughter was so busy we never saw her. Love the structured guidance counselors that monitor activities. We sailed 7 times on Allure. And she looked so forward to making new friends. 
this was pre-COVID. 
See you there fellow cruiser. 
😀

• Like 1

We love the Allure and all of the Oasis class ships.  We have stayed in two Central Park view attached cabins with family.  Found them to be cost effective and comfortable.  If you have four in the cabin would be very crowded, unless for kids who don't mind or couldn't care less about bathroom access.   For you and your partner,  the two cabins make sense and let the kids stay next door.

Deck nine is great- huge picture window instead of small balcony.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CapeGal said:

No cruising in August. Hope you can reschedule. As for teens in one inside room...hope you like togetherness, it’s a bit snug for teens and parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is August 2021 - I certainly hope they are cruising by then!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

we sailed on Allure last year with an 8 yo in a regular inside cabin. We only went back there to sleep and change before meals. It would be pretty tight with 4 adult sized people in it. DS slept on the unfolded sofa because when rolled out, the darn sofa made it impossible for me to get to the bathroom. But anyone bigger than an average 10 yo cannot sleep on a unfolded sofa.

That said, my friends always travel with their preteens and always book a regular balcony room for all 4 of them .

We loved every minute on the Allure and would come back in a heart beat.

Our son doesn't do kid's club, but was busy with all the other activities they offer. He loved ice skating, rock climbing, the carousel (I know your kids are probably too old for it), would have loved the zip line if he was heavy enough to use it, but decided no to do the surf simulator. He had fun watching other people do it, though, as did we. Of course, one of the parents was always going with him, but teens would be a lot more independent. I am sure they will love the Allure.

• Like 1

Thank you all, I guess consensus is the room will be tight , we plan on only sleeping and showering in it. If we weren’t planning on staying at Disney a few nights prior to the cruise I’d get a bigger cabin. But 5 people staying at the Polynesian in Disney and passes adds up plus we’re doing the cruise too all the same trip.

Good to know my children shouldn’t be bored, cause when I proposed the Brilliance of the Seas due to the itinerary, my kids weren’t thrilled with the looks of the ship. Figured with Allure more space to social distance especially if they don’t sail to capacity in 2021 and I’ve yet to sail on a RCCL ship that size,. All of our cruises have lately been NCL & Carnival.

For me, the con is that the ship is just so darn big!  But it's perfect for families traveling with children.  Really something to do for all ages, but I can't recall if there was an up charge for a lot of the attractions.  DH and I sailed on her in 2015 and it was a port intensive cruise so we didn't have much opportunity to explore the ship as we have on other cruises.

If I had to name a pro, I would say that the vast variety of stateroom categories really makes her affordable for any number of budgets.

• Like 1

We stayed in one of the promenade rooms on Allure with a sofa bed and Pullman. Our kids were younger, but the room worked fine for us. We even have the same room booked on Oasis in 2022. I'm one who likes the room. Sure a balcony is better, but the room is economical and I enjoyed sitting by the bay window (extra sofa) and looking out.  Deck 7 is perfect as it's pretty central.

As for things to do, Allure has Zipline, flowrider, in golf, tick wall pools and ribs if activities and areas to explore. The Aqua show us fantastic and Mamma Mia is great. Amazing ship.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 3:50 AM, setsail1975 said:

We have also booked this sailing.

Never been on Allure but we have sailed Harmony and Symphony - lots to enjoy on those ships.

Another family travelling with us booked an ultra spacious large balcony cabin- there are 5 of them in it , although I believe they got the last one on available.

It was a great value option.

• Like 1

I do not get why people say that they only sleep and bathe in the cabin.  You would be surprised how much time you actually do spend in a cabin.  Not to have room to move isn't a great idea- If you can afford to sail- spend more and consider two cabins- It is much more of a great experience.  I would hate to be tripping over suitcases or not have a place to unpack- the bathrooms are also so small.  Since we have to wait longer to cruise- consider the money you are saving!

On 7/13/2020 at 10:50 PM, setsail1975 said:

I’ve been astray from RCCL for about 7 years now, but after my recent Carnival cancel for August I decided to book with RCCL pretty much due to Cruise with Confidence assurance. We booked 8/15/21 and I was hoping to get some feedback about the ship. 

Hello, we are on this sailing also.

Hope to get to chat more on the cruise thread.

Sea Ya

• Like 1

We have also booked this sailing.

Never been on Allure but we have sailed Harmony and Symphony - lots to enjoy on those ships.

Another family travelling with us booked an ultra spacious large balcony cabin- there are 5 of them in it , although I believe they got the last one on available.

It was a great value option.

When I was booking the Allure for the sailing date cabin options were limited, I didn’t have an option for family interior or any larger ocean views. I’m planning on spending the least amount of time in our cabin. We actually did get another interior cabin cause my oldest daughter is now bringing a friend who has never cruised.

• Like 1