When might we see new/extended itineraries?

Josie201

I know this is not top of mind for any of us, and certainly not Celebrity, but does anyone have any information on when new itineraries might be released for into 2022.  We bought a cruise later certificate on our ill-fated Reflection cruise in March and I need to use it by August 31 to benefit from the additional OBC that accompanies these certificates.  Celebrity told me I need to book something and can then move it, which is fine but since I already have two cruises booked for 2021 I am not really interested in booking another one that I have no intention of taking and will have to move.  I will do it if I have to but does anyone have any information on release of new itineraries for 2022 (right now they only have Galapagos cruises showing). 

2 hours ago, Josie201 said:

I know this is not top of mind for any of us, and certainly not Celebrity, but does anyone have any information on when new itineraries might be released for into 2022.  We bought a cruise later certificate on our ill-fated Reflection cruise in March and I need to use it by August 31 to benefit from the additional OBC that accompanies these certificates.  Celebrity told me I need to book something and can then move it, which is fine but since I already have two cruises booked for 2021 I am not really interested in booking another one that I have no intention of taking and will have to move.  I will do it if I have to but does anyone have any information on release of new itineraries for 2022 (right now they only have Galapagos cruises showing). 

Not sure why you are only able to see those, we already have an Asia cruise booked for Feb 2022

Thanks for pointing some of this out - I should have specified I was looking for Fall 2022 and Caribbean.  I see now there are more destinations listed but nothing for Caribbean beyond March/April 2022.  I'll probably have to book one of those and then move it. 

Josie - I’m waiting also to see the later 2022 and 2023 cruises. Got FCC and have a cruise in May 2021 which has an excellent chance of not going, at least with me on it, and want to plan ahead. 

One of the things I really miss is not being able to plan and focus on a cruise.....always go early and see the area and so on.

• Like 2

I too am waiting for for the Europe 2022/23 itineraries, we’re booked on Apex for May 2021, but like Denny01 not sure it’ll go, or we’ll go even if it sails. 

The new itineraries usually come out end November, but I wonder if will they stick to that schedule under the present circumstances...?

1 minute ago, prish said:

I too am waiting for for the Europe 2022/23 itineraries, we’re booked on Apex for May 2021, but like Denny01 not sure it’ll go, or we’ll go even if it sails. 

The new itineraries usually come out end November, but I wonder if will they stick to that schedule under the present circumstances...?

Probably, since it's hard to schedule future cruise ports at the moment when many countries still have their boarders closed.

• Like 1

Good point Prish

I’d hope Celebrity would also consider something other than more Caribbean cruises. Maybe some such as the Pacific Coast but along the East Coast. Did one years ago from Baltimore down to FLL and back. Neat. With a quick dumb run over to Nassau because of requiring a foreign port rule. 

But some more NE cruises and Mid-Atlantic ports would be neat. But I guess once it is safe enough (well, low risk enough) to go onto a ship with 1000+, flying wouldn’t be a big issue. Just have to wait and see. 

Den

35 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Josie - I’m waiting also to see the later 2022 and 2023 cruises. Got FCC and have a cruise in May 2021 which has an excellent chance of not going, at least with me on it, and want to plan ahead. 

One of the things I really miss is not being able to plan and focus on a cruise.....always go early and see the area and so on.

In the same "boat"as you lol,   one in May.... with hotels already booked, but those ae refundable, thank goodness I didn't book the air :)     Also have a placeholder, booked on board last year that needs to be moved soon...  hoping that they will release itineraries a little sooner than usual.... one can only garden so much, work out so much, & drink so much, need some future travel to plan.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

I think Celebrity should speed up the launch of their cruises by 2022/2023, I would like to do L&S for July 2021 cruises in Europe to 2022.

Wishful thinking ... As I said before it's a little difficult to schedule future itineraries when cruise ports in many countries still have their boarders closed. I guess they could do cruises to nowhere. 

I am going to move our Jan/Feb. '21 cruise to a May 2022 Hawaii cruise, just to preserve my OBC for booking on board and my reduced deposit, as I know we will move that cruise as soon as we can see fall/winter 2022. 

I don't think Celebrity or ANY line will be providing new itineraries at all until the protocol for returning to sailing is established.  I suspect MANY of the itineraries already out there will change/cancel depending on what those protocols are.  One of the things I keep reading is that "shorter" cruises will happen in the beginning (whenever that is)  that pretty much wipes out TA's TP's, long Med cruises, etc.  

We have 3 bookings on longer cruises in 2021 & 2022 and I'm just hoping they sail as is, but won't be at all surprised if they don't.  I think it would be wise of the lines to hold off until they know, as much as possible anyway, that what they are selling is what will really happen. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

I don't think Celebrity or ANY line will be providing new itineraries at all until the protocol for returning to sailing is established.  I suspect MANY of the itineraries already out there will change/cancel depending on what those protocols are.  One of the things I keep reading is that "shorter" cruises will happen in the beginning (whenever that is)  that pretty much wipes out TA's TP's, long Med cruises, etc.  

We have 3 bookings on longer cruises in 2021 & 2022 and I'm just hoping they sail as is, but won't be at all surprised if they don't.  I think it would be wise of the lines to hold off until they know, as much as possible anyway, that what they are selling is what will really happen. 

Why provide itineraries for 2022 when you have no idea if or when you can resume sailing in 2021.

I agree shorter cruises, but TA and TP cruises are likely as they have few port calls.  Again without a vaccine how can cruising resume?  

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Why provide itineraries for 2022 when you have no idea if or when you can resume sailing in 2021.

I agree shorter cruises, but TA and TP cruises are likely as they have few port calls.  Again without a vaccine how can cruising resume?  

Well, just to answer your question... IF they find a viable treatment that significantly reduces the effects of the disease and the mortality rate we would cruise again.  No different than   any number of diseases that don't have vaccines but DO have treatments to make them controllable.  Now will that happen?  Who knows?