If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I love this part of the disclaimer that you have to agree to in order to view the reports.

"The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. In large part, reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. "

We get our 2nd dose in early March.   As for listed side effects,  have you ever looked at the list of side effects that comes with something as universal as aspirin?   They include all possible side effects.   If you read everything you'd never take anything.  We have to follow the science known by people we respect and who have the experience.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

This vaccine is not FDA approved and, as such, is designated as experimental. No vaccine has ever been approved for other coronaviruses (i.e. SARS, MERS, common cold) because in the animal trials, many of the animals died when later exposed to the virus they were vaccinated for (this effect is called antibody dependent enhancement/pathogenic priming). The experimental Covid-19 vaccines skipped the animal trials in order to be rushed to market. There is no long-term data to know if this same harmful phenomena will occur in humans. That is a risk I am not willing to take at this time.

There are also concerns the mRNA vaccines might create a risk later on for neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer's or ALS according to this research article in December 2020 Microbiology and Infectious Disease Journal 

https://scivisionpub.com/pdfs/covid19-rna-based-vaccines-and-the-risk-of-prion-disease-1503.pdf

His theory is completely junk science.

J.Bart Classen, MD is a rabid, batpoop (pun intended) crazy right-wing conspiracy theorist and antivaxxer. He runs the website vaccines.net.  

This is the opening paragraph on his webpage:

We are concerned that the current outbreak of COVID-19 is actually a bioweapon attack and may be linked to the US anthrax attack of 2001, which originated from the US army base Fort Detrick. We are concerned that the current outbreak of COVID-19 is actually a bioweapon attack and may be linked to the US anthrax attack of 2001, which originated from the US army base Fort Detrick. 

Anyone who pushes crazy conspiracy theories like that has absolutely no credibility.  His paper that is linked has absolutely no studies of his own. He just picks and chooses some wording from other studies.  His claim to fame is his theory that vaccines cause diabetes which has been widely debunked by other noted experts.

Since this is coming from one of the country's most rabid anti-vaxxers with debunked theories (his covid vaccine paper relies heavily on his theory of vaccines>>diabetes,) I am not at all worried about receiving the vaccine. He is a laughing stock in the real scientific world.  However, if one is worried about his theories, maybe they could just wear their tinfoil hat when getting vaccinated.

This is the letter he sent to Trump in 2017 to stop vaccinations.  Note that he references that vaccines cause autism.  They do not. Even the Autism society says that is junk science. Hell, even the scientist who first theorized that vaccines caused Autism has retracted his theories and has publicly stated that vaccines do not cause Autism.  Again, the guy has absolutely NO credibility.

Dear President Trump,

You campaigned on the promise of stopping government vaccine policies that have led to the injuries of millions of Americans. As you know  vaccines cause chronic immune disorders such as autism, diabetes, asthma, allergies and multiple different autoimmune diseases. Because of vaccines these diseases are increasing at epidemic proportions. It has been estimated that 50% of adults in the USA have diabetes or prediabetes. We challenge you to stop being distracted by career politicians who are responsible for this tragedy and live up to your campaign promise. Further delays in stopping this tragedy will only leave your administration culpable for these deaths and injuries.

The disastrous government vaccine policies can be stopped by the executive branch without the need of congressional action. The following are several simple solutions that your administration can implement immediately.

1. Stop the CDC from recommending immunization until adequate clinical trials are performed. Vaccines such as the hepatitis B vaccine were approved with less that 2 weeks of safety data. Newer vaccines are routinely approved by the FDA with less than 1 year of safety data and these trials are often too small and poorly controlled to detect rises in autism and diabetes. The CDC should be honest with the public about the complete lack of any data that vaccines improve health. 

2. Stop the FDA from approving new vaccines until proper clinical trials are performed. An adequate trial needs to include approximately 500,000 patients and follow each patient for at least 7 years. Half the patients should receive the vaccine of interest and half should receive a placebo control in its place. Current FDA sanctioned safety trials include comparison between groups receiving different vaccines. This trial design is like comparing arsenic to cyanide and concluding both are safe because the mortality is the same in both groups. The FDA should begin mandating that vaccines already approved based on flawed trial designs be removed from the market unless proper clinical trials are started immediately.

3. Have the US Attorney General investigate the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.  This program has been a total failure and millions who developed diabetes, autism, and other vaccine induced diseases have not been compensated. The program appears to be part of your so called  "Swamp". In one case a lawyer for a plaintiff was caught embezzling money from the vaccine fund by submitting a bogus expense report to the court. The lawyer was not disbarred and still practices before the vaccine court.

It is essential you live up to your campaign promises immediately and correct the dangerous government vaccine policies.

Sincerely,

J. Bart Classen, MD

Edited by cured
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VaTech8912 said:

Yes, I would get it.....question is when will it be offered for my group in my area.  My 78 year old mother still cant get it.

Is she in VA and registered on the statewide Dept of Health site?  We signed up in mid Jan and got our email to schedule our appointments on Tues/Wed.   Apparently some people think they have to go look for appointments.  Others need to check their Spam folders as some of the notification emails are going there.  While signed up on the VA site (VA Dept of Health) you can also look elsewhere (CVS, Walgreens, Giant) for open appointments.  In the state of VA, the registration site is open for 65 and up, teachers, first responders and 18-64 yr olds with underlying medical conditions.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, legaljen1969 said:

I feel the same way. This has been rushed.  We have no idea what the long view is on this vaccine.  Sure, it may help with COVID now but what is it going to affect later?   We just need more time to know what will happen.    I worry for these young people who are getting it to stay employed. What if it affects their fertility or affects their babies?    
People have taken many medications that seemed perfectly safe for a long time (Zantac) for one and now it has been yanked off the shelf because of carcinogens.   Who would have ever thought medication for heartburn would be carcinogenic?

I would LOVE to have the right to cruise again.  I really want to see my family more.  My parents have been vaccinated and they want me to be vaccinated before they see me again, but they understand why I am wanting to wait.   Already  known side effects on mammograms and lymph nodes.  Scary stuff. 

I understand your concerns. I hadn't heard about how the mRNA vaccines can effect mammograms so I researched it and found this.......

Not to worry about Mammograms with mRNA vaccines

You also mentioned the possibility of infertility as a side effect of the mRNA vaccines. I found this article......

mRNA vaccines do not cause infertility

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

This vaccine is not FDA approved and, as such, is designated as experimental. No vaccine has ever been approved for other coronaviruses (i.e. SARS, MERS, common cold) because in the animal trials, many of the animals died when later exposed to the virus they were vaccinated for (this effect is called antibody dependent enhancement/pathogenic priming). The experimental Covid-19 vaccines skipped the animal trials in order to be rushed to market. There is no long-term data to know if this same harmful phenomena will occur in humans. That is a risk I am not willing to take at this time.

There are also concerns the mRNA vaccines might create a risk later on for neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer's or ALS according to this research article in December 2020 Microbiology and Infectious Disease Journal 

https://scivisionpub.com/pdfs/covid19-rna-based-vaccines-and-the-risk-of-prion-disease-1503.pdf

It is very concerning reading this study but I've been vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine and probably would do it all over again. The thought of contracting Covid and the issues it causes in older folks like myself make the vaccine benefit outweighs the risk.

According to Dr. Fauci and CDC:

Will the vaccine actually prevent you from getting Covid?---No 

Will the vaccine prevent you from giving Covid to others?---No

Is it FDA approved?---No (only has emergency use authorization)

Do you need to have resuscitation equipment available when vaccine is administered?---Yes

Will the vaccine give you long-standing immunity?---No (likely need booster shots)

Can you stop wearing the mask after the vaccine?---No

Do you still have to social distance after getting the vaccine?---Yes

Can you get together with family and friends after getting the vaccine?---Not really recommended

Can you go to restaurants and theaters after getting the vaccine?---No

So, what is really the benefit of the experimental Covid vaccine that uses a completely new technology, the pharmaceutical companies cannot be held liable for, and we don't have long-term safety data on?

One very important benefit is the mRNA vaccines prevent severe disease and also prevent death directly from Covid. That's a good enough reason for me to be vaccinated. I'm old enough to appreciate this benefit as the benefit outweighs the risk.

• Like 1

According to Dr. Fauci and CDC:

Will the vaccine actually prevent you from getting Covid?---No 

Will the vaccine prevent you from giving Covid to others?---No

Is it FDA approved?---No (only has emergency use authorization)

Do you need to have resuscitation equipment available when vaccine is administered?---Yes

Will the vaccine give you long-standing immunity?---No (likely need booster shots)

Can you stop wearing the mask after the vaccine?---No

Do you still have to social distance after getting the vaccine?---Yes

Can you get together with family and friends after getting the vaccine?---Not really recommended

Can you go to restaurants and theaters after getting the vaccine?---No

So, what is really the benefit of the experimental Covid vaccine that uses a completely new technology, the pharmaceutical companies cannot be held liable for, and we don't have long-term safety data on?

According to the latest data that came out of Israel for the Pfizer vaccine:

Will the vaccine actually prevent you from getting Covid?---No YES, 95.8% 14 days after 2nd dose

Will the vaccine prevent you from giving Covid to others?---No Yes, see above. No disease, no transmission

image.png.d4a6ccbcb2b923c255df45a5165652db.png

Edited by cured
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

One very important benefit is the mRNA vaccines prevent severe disease and also prevent death directly from Covid. That's a good enough reason for me to be vaccinated. I'm old enough to appreciate this benefit as the benefit outweighs the risk.

No need to worry. It is a paper with no scientific chops, junk science as it were, authored by a preeminent antivaxxer who espouses far flung conspiracy theories. He is a laughing stock and his "theories" have been debunked by real scientists.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

We get our 2nd dose in early March.   As for listed side effects,  have you ever looked at the list of side effects that comes with something as universal as aspirin?   They include all possible side effects.   If you read everything you'd never take anything.  We have to follow the science known by people we respect and who have the experience.  

Very good point. It seems every drug ever made comes with a list of side effects, some that are very scary. I said this before and I will say again.......for me the benefit outweighs the risk. Getting back to a normal semblance of life and feeling safe is a huge benefit for me.

2 hours ago, BND said:

Is she in VA and registered on the statewide Dept of Health site?  We signed up in mid Jan and got our email to schedule our appointments on Tues/Wed.   Apparently some people think they have to go look for appointments.  Others need to check their Spam folders as some of the notification emails are going there.  While signed up on the VA site (VA Dept of Health) you can also look elsewhere (CVS, Walgreens, Giant) for open appointments.  In the state of VA, the registration site is open for 65 and up, teachers, first responders and 18-64 yr olds with underlying medical conditions.  

Yes, she registered in December but nothing yet.  I did ck her spam.  Going to re-register her tomorrow.  My husband has health issues and hasn't heard yet either. Will ck the pharmacy sites you mention above too though, thanks for highlighting that.  Fingers crossed.

Just now, VaTech8912 said:

Yes, she registered in December but nothing yet.  I did ck her spam.  Going to re-register her tomorrow.  My husband has health issues and hasn't heard yet either. Will ck the pharmacy sites you mention above too though, thanks for highlighting that.  Fingers crossed.

You can also call the county health dept and have them look her up.  Loudoun County is up to people who preregistered Jan 16th, or so they say.  DH and I pre registered Jan 18 and 19 and as I said we got our first shot yesterday. I think there are some glitches in the database, but registering in Dec, she should have heard something by now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BND said:

You can also call the county health dept and have them look her up.  Loudoun County is up to people who preregistered Jan 16th, or so they say.  DH and I pre registered Jan 18 and 19 and as I said we got our first shot yesterday. I think there are some glitches in the database, but registering in Dec, she should have heard something by now.

Yes, we got the same notification from Loudoun, but the statewide site still can't find most people.  We preregistered just after Jan 16.

I've been checking the pharmacies daily, one or two times a day, and got lucky today.  We are scheduled at CVS (a different one for each of us) on Monday.  

Edited by Lady Chew
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Lady Chew said:

Yes, we got the same notification from Loudoun, but the statewide site still can't find most people.  We preregistered just after Jan 16.

I've been checking the pharmacies daily, one or two times a day, and got lucky today.  We are scheduled at CVS (a different one for each of us) on Monday.  

We never did find ourselves in the database before we were notified, so our info was there, just not visible.  I saw a post yesterday on the Loudoun Community FB page where someone had pre-registered on Jan 19th and had been notified to schedule their shot, but the site still says they're only up to people who pre-registered on  16 Jan, so something is off.

We couldn't do CVS because they weren't taking anyone under 65, or in group 1a, but the health department is.  We're both under 65, but meet the underlying conditions portion (barely).  

Edited by BND

16 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

No vaccine is yet FDA approved. No treatment is yet FDA approved.  Yet here we are.

And no vaccine has been approved for other coronaviruses because there's never been a need to invest that much time and money into creating one, not because of early struggles with effective delivery of mRNA vaccines.

Also one sentence you talk about animal trials, then the next say animal trials were skipped.

And as others have noted, the author of the study you linked is a famous anti-vaxxer who will make up anything to say a vaccine is bad.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cured said:

Will the vaccine actually prevent you from getting Covid?---No YES, 95.8% 14 days after 2nd dose

Will the vaccine prevent you from giving Covid to others?---No Yes, see above. No disease, no transmission

I also saw an interview this am on CBS with a Dr (think he is a virologist) who said if you have been vaccinated and are with someone else who has been vaccinated, you can do whatever you want.  He also said once you're fully vaccinated (after two weeks) you can go out and eat, etc and not fear catching or giving the virus.  The above chart just proves that.  Even those few that do catch it are more likely to just have a mild case and not require hospitalization.  That is a win.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

No vaccine is yet FDA approved. No treatment is yet FDA approved.  Yet here we are.

And no vaccine has been approved for other coronaviruses because there's never been a need to invest that much time and money into creating one, not because of early struggles with effective delivery of mRNA vaccines.

Also one sentence you talk about animal trials, then the next say animal trials were skipped.

And as others have noted, the author of the study you linked is a famous anti-vaxxer who will make up anything to say a vaccine is bad.

And the lack of approval is based on rules that are in place, not because it's not effective or safe.  It's really red tape and how the regulations are.  

2 minutes ago, BND said:

I also saw an interview this am on CBS with a Dr (think he is a virologist) who said if you have been vaccinated and are with someone else who has been vaccinated, you can do whatever you want.  He also said once you're fully vaccinated (after two weeks) you can go out and eat, etc and not fear catching or giving the virus.  The above chart just proves that.  Even those few that do catch it are more likely to just have a mild case and not require hospitalization.  That is a win.  

Meanwhile everyone's beloved Fauci said you shouldn't eat indoors or go to the movies even if you have the vaccine.

1 minute ago, BND said:

And the lack of approval is based on rules that are in place, not because it's not effective or safe.  It's really red tape and how the regulations are.  

Yes, no doubt.  Vaccines/treatments have been authorized based on data review, but not technically approved because that takes many many months, if not years.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Meanwhile everyone's beloved Fauci said you shouldn't eat indoors or go to the movies even if you have the vaccine.

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but we've been going out to eat, getting our hair cut, this entire time.  We even eat inside.  We just try to go when restaurants aren't as busy.   Will we still comply with mask rules after our second shot?  Yes, but it won't be necessary.

Edited by BND
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, cured said:

I like that data. Thank you for publishing the source, not just the figures.

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Because it is his job to be cautious till all the data is in. It would be completely irresponsible to change recommendations based on early studies. The current data coming in is looking better than expected, but until it is official, he is going to take a cautious stance. Which I appreciate.

Edited by cured
  • Like 2

Just now, cured said:

Because it is his job to be cautious till all the data is in. The current data is looking better than expected, but until it is official, he is going to take a cautious stance. Which I appreciate.

Being cautious would be him saying "We don't yet have enough data so I would recommend still not eating indoors"

Fauci outright said "you can't do it" 

16 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/26/j-bart-classen/coronavirus-vaccine-doesnt-cause-alzheimers-als/