If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I never get a flu shot (or get the flu) and I certainly hope I don't have to get an annual COVID vaccine

57 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I never get the flu either but I still get the vaccine along with Pneumonia when time. 

M8

I never get the flu, but because of insistence by my PCP, I started a few years ago getting the flu shot.  Have a feeling the Covid shot is going to need annual updates as well.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lizzius said:

Consider that the flu actually does kill and cause terrible consequences for babies and children each year... There are parallels to be made between demanding children be vaccinated to largely help older people and expecting the same of yourself to help protect the vulnerable from the flu.

Couldn't the same argument possibly be made regarding children getting vaccinated for Covid?

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Then maybe, as a physician, he should have resigned so he could tell the world what was really on his mind.

That certainly is one way to look at it. I can not speak for Dr. Fauci but I have to hand it to him for hanging in there with a boss who was anti-science.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

It appears to me that this topic is beginning to delve into a political state.  In an effort to return to the target topic, I pose the following questions:

When do you believe major cruise lines (i.e. RCCL, NCL, Carnival, Princess, etc.) will make a decision if vaccines will, or won't be, mandatory?

Which line do you believe will be first and why do you think that line will be first?

Interested to hear what others think.

OK. I'll bite....

I believe NCL will be the first cruise line to mandate vaccination of all passengers and crew. NCL has been the innovator of a major concept that all other mass market cruise lines have embraced. Freestyle cruising comes to mind. All mass market lines have incorporated their version of Freestyle cruising using their own monikor name. For example.....Royal's My Time Dining. As the years pass Royal was devoting less space to traditional seating and more space to their My Time Dining.

4 minutes ago, lizzius said:

That's the point.

Then why are you fighting me so much about the possibility of cruise lines demanding that kids get vaccinated if you just got done stating "there are parallels to be made demanding children be vaccinated to largely help older people."

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

I could even see them doing like some line that I don't recall.  Either a negative test OR a vaccine  Not that that is a perfect answer but it would allow children to cruise as long as they test negative.  Just guessing 

Have these tests become more accurate these days? I have not been following the actual validity of the tests that are being used. I do know that early on there were so many false negatives and false positives, I wondered why even bother to test? Hopefully, the tests being used today do give more accurate results.

Edited by coffeebean

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Then why are you fighting me so much about the possibility of cruise lines demanding that kids get vaccinated if you just got done stating "there are parallels to be made demanding children be vaccinated to largely help older people."

Flu vaccines are widely available, covid vaccines aren't. You're also not arguing for flu vaccines to be mandated... Why is that?

53 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Do you as an MD think we should "double mask" for example when in the grocery store ?  If it would really protect others, i would prob do it. I have had both shots of Moderna.

25 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Here is what I tell people that ask similar questions of the boss. Get out your credit card (make an appointment).  What lawyer you know that does anything for free? 😇

I am her protector....  

M8

I just don't feel comfortable answering those types of questions on an internet cruise site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

We have gotten ours and are ready. Its better than needing to get a current test before sailing. We are scheduled for August so hope that the trend continue and they can get back to sailing soon. Having lost two friends to the virus it was a pretty easy decision. 

Oh - I have a feeling that if proof of vaccination is required that passengers will still have to have a negative Covid test to board.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So are you saying he lied previously and is not now. You do know he is the highest paid civil servant. Maybe he says what he needs to do to keep his job?  

M8

I did not say Dr. Fauci lied. He withheld information that he felt needed to be given to the American people. That is what "transparency" means to me. Dr. Fauci said he was not able to be "transparent".

12 minutes ago, lizzius said:

Flu vaccines are widely available, covid vaccines aren't. You're also not arguing for flu vaccines to be mandated... Why is that?

Because the flu is currently not a pandemic that we have been dealing with for the past year that has put cruising on hold.

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Why then did he withhold information?  To save his job?  Now he wants honor?

Did I not already explain this in previous posts? Dr. Fauci's hands were tied. His boss would not allow him to tell the American people the truth. Do I have to repeat this again?

Just now, coffeebean said:

Did I not already explain this in previous posts? Dr. Fauci's hands were tied. His boss would not allow him to tell the American people the truth. Do I have to repeat this again?

How do you know he is not doing the same now to protect his job?  You don’t. 

Dr Flipflop 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

Sounds like the answer was to save his job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, lizzius said:
12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Did you notice that Dr. Fauci was not in the public eye for several months? No where to be seen anywhere on TV. He was not part of those later updates we were given by the  administration. Dr. Fauci's voice was silenced by his boss.

I'm not discussing this subject further. I have said all I have to say on this subject. As it is, this discussion has delved into areas we are not supposed to discuss on this forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

Did you notice that Dr. Fauci was not in the public eye for several months? No where to be seen anywhere on TV. He was not part of those later updates we were given by the  administration. Dr. Fauci's voice was silenced by his boss.

I'm not discussing this subject further. I have said all I have to say on this subject. As it is, this discussion has delved into areas we are not supposed to discuss on this forum.

And in Israel, you know the country that has done the best job in the world with vaccines and did not pretend nothing was wrong...yea that country awarded Dr. Fauci the Speaking Truth To Power award

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So why wouldn’t it be likely he would do the same now?  I mean he is one of the highest paid government employees. 

Tarnished integrity is hard to polish. When I was a kid my dad said to me that he would always believe what I told him but if he ever caught me in a lie then he had no obligation to believe anything else I told him. That always stuck with me. I'd rather deal with the consequences of what I did rather than loose his trust.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, lizzius said:

And there's the point... Driving right past you again.

You're entitled to your opinion...flu vaccines have zero to do with the resumption of cruising, whereas Covid vaccines have everything to do with it. This point has been driven over, not driven past.

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

I never get a flu shot (or get the flu) and I certainly hope I don't have to get an annual COVID vaccine

I do get a kick out of people who think because they haven't had the flu they don't need the shot, thinking they'll never catch it.  Having had the flu twice when my kids were in elementary school (yes they brought it home and all 4 of us were sick for a week), I never want to get it again.  I've been getting the flu shot for 24 years and up until last year I hadn't caught the flu at all again.  But in Jan 2020 I had a very, very mild case due to the fact I'd had the vaccine. The person I caught it from was pretty sick, because he hadn't had the vaccine.  I had two days of fever and mild cough.  He had it over a week and developed a secondary infection (sinus) and required antibiotics.  Don't ever, say never.  I would get an annual COVID shot if required, but I'm betting it's not.   The flu vaccine, while not 100% perfect does help prevent serious illness.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So are you saying he lied previously and is not now. You do know he is the highest paid civil servant. Maybe he says what he needs to do to keep his job?  

M8

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just another reason to take what he says with a healthy dose of skepticism. That salary needs to be protected.

I do not want to inflame this discussion, however I would like to add another consideration.

Perhaps, as you mention, he could have been more transparent. However, if you put yourself in his shoes - perhaps Dr Fauci considers resigning from NIAID in the middle of a pandemic a disservice to the US people and his staff?

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

That certainly is one way to look at it. I can not speak for Dr. Fauci but I have to hand it to him for hanging in there with a boss who was anti-science.

Good point, this could possibly be why sometimes he wasn’t able to be as transparent as possible? That he might completely alienate his anti-science boss, who would then sideline or sack him and leave NIAID leaderless and without a significant scientist in the middle of a pandemic?

Would that be better for the virus response or not?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3