If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

Good stuff from Moderna's website.  Interestingly, Moderna describes its technology as the “software of life,” not a vaccine.  These therapies do not prevent infection, merely reduction in one or more symptoms.

So sounds like it's an app that will be used for other diseases?

NJ

Our Operating System

Recognizing the broad potential of mRNA science, we set out to create an mRNA technology platform that functions very much like an operating system on a computer. It is designed so that it can plug and play interchangeably with different programs. In our case, the "program” or “app” is our mRNA drug - the unique mRNA sequence that codes for a protein.

Our mRNA Medicines – The ‘Software of Life’

When we have a concept for a new mRNA medicine and begin research, fundamental components are already in place.

Generally, the only thing that changes from one potential mRNA medicine to another is the coding region – the actual genetic code that instructs ribosomes to make protein. Utilizing these instruction sets gives our investigational mRNA medicines a software-like quality. We also have the ability to combine different mRNA sequences encoding for different proteins in a single mRNA investigational medicine.

We are leveraging the flexibility afforded by our platform and the fundamental role mRNA plays in protein synthesis to pursue mRNA medicines for a broad spectrum of diseases.

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I guess all of us who are gladly getting vaccinate with the mRNA vaccines are all part of the trial period. I'm very glad to help with the cause.

So am I.  I just got my 2nd Pfizer shot today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The cold storage requirements are the big issue with Pfizer.  I was surprised that my DH was getting Pfizer, his location was the ballroom of a large hotel.  My Mom got Pfizer but she got hers at a major medical center in Boston.  I went to Gillette Stadium and it was Moderna.  They are supposed to be doing 6,000 people a day by the end of the week.  They actually have to separate vaccine clinics setup on either side of the stadium.  I could have gotten an appointment at Fenway Park, but parking in that area is a nightmare.  

Late last week or early this week Pfizer released data saying a normal freezer would work for their vaccine, too. So good news!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lizzius said:

Late last week or early this week Pfizer released data saying a normal freezer would work for their vaccine, too. So good news!

I assume Pfizer vaccine needs to be kept at a specific temperature.  A "normal freezer" might not have required temps.  

Glad so many are getting vaccines.  Keep it up, please, for your health and the health of those around you.

My DH and I are due for our 2nd shot next week.

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Does a private business have the right to set their own rules? Can cruise lines set their own rules? That is what is at stake here. If cruise lines mandate vaccines for all crew and passengers, and it is their right to do so, then all the law suits in the world will be won by the cruise lines. But......this is only if the cruise lines have the right to set their own rules to board their ships.

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

What good will it do if those fully vaccinated cruises go well and then NOT fully vaccinated cruises go to hell in a hand basket? We will be back at square one.

We won’t be back at square one. It will just prove the point that everyone will need to be vaccinated in order to go on a cruise.

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Dr Who?

Really? I would believe him over some of a lot of these other so called doctors. In the beginning and still even now things have constantly been changing as new data shows. To some it seems like Dr. Fauci among many others seem to go back and forth. As for wearing 2 masks I can see why him and others are saying that. I have seen some of the masks where the fabric is so thin with a loose weave I can’t believe people are wearing them. This is just one example and I know there are others, but I’m not going to get into all of it. 

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I assume Pfizer vaccine needs to be kept at a specific temperature.  A "normal freezer" might not have required temps.  

Glad so many are getting vaccines.  Keep it up, please, for your health and the health of those around you.

My DH and I are due for our 2nd shot next week.

Well, obviously our household freezers aren't going to cut it, but the news was that they can be stored in the same way that Moderna can be which uses a standard piece of pharmacy equipment.

40 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not in the beginning. The boss had some training from him during her Residency. She said he was very knowledgeable at that time. She now calls him Dr Flipflop. 

Just sharing her opinion. 

Ideology differences? Lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Isn't the vaccine experimental until the trials are complete?  

NJ

They still collect data, but it can go through a traditional approval process with 6 months of safety data (covers the timing of the vast majority of side effects).

14 hours ago, lizzius said:

Well, obviously our household freezers aren't going to cut it, but the news was that they can be stored in the same way that Moderna can be which uses a standard piece of pharmacy equipment.

So far, this new data has only been submitted to the FDA for approval.  We shall see.....

18 hours ago, molly361 said:

Mdderna   Never hear of anyone getting Pfizer around here.  It was weird.  Someone posted a phone number to call on FB and I called and an actual person made the appt for me.  Later that day I got (and missed it) a call from the state waiting list.  

I watched our county health dept do a Q&A yesterday.  They said our county has both Pfizer and Moderna so we'll see what we get this afternoon. I'm pretty sure we get whatever they have and don't get a choice.

On 2/24/2021 at 7:14 AM, MaritimeR&R said:

Should anyone take issue with what I have written, I ask only that you not quote my words out of context which is a commonplace issue on CC. I am writing this to make my thoughts known for your consideration and not to debate.

I believe that full vaccination against Covid19 should be mandatory. Yes, that would exclude those with health conditions that disqualify them from receiving the vaccine as well as those who choose not to receive the vaccine. 

However, taking a cruise is not a necessity. It,  too,  is a choice.  Should the cruise lines require a vaccination in order to cruise, then those people who can not be vaccinated should understand that they should choose another type of vacation where they do not put other people's lives at risk.

The CDC and the AMA have stated that the percentage of people who should not be vaccinated due to medical conditions is a very small percentage as compared to those who should be able to be immunized with few effects. 

Published statistics from every poll which questioned the willingness of passengers to be vaccinated in order to cruise shows the overwhelming majority willing to do so.

As for those who make the choice to not be vaccinated, I feel there is absolutely no time where someone else's life should ever be placed in jeopardy because of another's PERSONAL PREFERENCE. 

I have environmental allergies, one of which is to strong perfume. Inhaling it often brings on an asthma attack that may or may not require me to go to the hospital to be stabilized. I take medications in order to reduce the likelihood of a severe attack, but that is not a 100% guarantee that I will not have an attack if exposed to the allergen.

So, is it fair if I ask you and the rest of the world to no longer wear perfume?

Should Macy's remove their perfume counter so I don't have to avoid walking in that area of the store?

Should people on formal night on a cruise be told they can not wear perfume or cologne because it may trigger my asthma?

No, that would not be fair.

As the person who is in the minority, I am the one who modifies my activities and does not go to places where I might encounter something that triggers my asthma.  

People who choose to not be vaccinated or can not do so for medical reasons should do the same. To quote Spock, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

Playing devil's advocate here Spock's quote could also mean that there should not have been any lockdowns whatsoever.