The Daily for Saturday Aug 15, 2020

richwmn

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

The Dailyites are celebrating our Editor-in-Chief’s birthday! The message might be a bit late, but the sentiment is real. Cheers, Rich! 🥃

3905368F-ACD4-4A41-9A94-CB77C6FCBACF.jpeg

Happy birthday Rich. Thanks for all you do seven days a week, even on your birthday. 

• Like 2

Sending a big happy birthday to Rich!

Love today’s quote.  It’s so true🤣

My husband is packing up for a week long fishing and camping trip with his cousin. So, it gives me a week of alone time which is wonderful. It’s nice to be able to recharge and do nothing for a few days. And, it means I don’t need to worry about cooking. I can just snack on whatever I want. 

It’s going to hot here outside of Portland today. We are supposed to hit 100 degrees. That doesn’t happen often in our area. The dogs and I will be taking it easy inside with the AC on and doing some deep cleaning chores that always get put on hold. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. 

1A06BA96-4C35-4395-8ABE-51203DDAE083.jpeg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, 137GO said:

I think I must have missed this post.  Why is the Gulf Bridge going to Houston?

That's always been on her schedule.  Amsterdam luggage is 8 out of close to 10,000 containers on board and they go to various destinations.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Andi Land said:

The dogs and I will be taking it easy inside with the AC on and doing some deep cleaning chores that always get put on hold. 

Although I don’t have AC, it sounds like you and I have the same objective today.  Emptying all my bottom cupboards and drawers (new counter going in on Monday) so might as well clean and be Holly Homemaker.

Waiting for some shelving to dry that I washed to put more stuff outside.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Today we are venturing out to the Farmer's Market. I want some real tomatoes and fresh veggies and we need more pecans. The pecans I love here are called Cheyennes. They are great for snacking and baking and salads... well everything!

I was going to respond earlier because when I read this post I was at Panera eating my steel cut oatmeal with cinnamon strawberries, and pecans.  I usually go to one grocery store and then Panera each Saturday morning for the same thing, although I had to swear off nuts for almost a week after my tooth extraction.  I was going to post about this then but couldn't get the select quote feature to work on my IPAD.

Roy

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kazu said:

Although I don’t have AC, it sounds like you and I have the same objective today.  Emptying all my bottom cupboards and drawers (new counter going in on Monday) so might as well clean and be Holly Homemaker.

Waiting for some shelving to dry that I washed to put more stuff outside.

Our AC is just a small portable one that vents thru the window. It is definitely worth the few hundred dollars it cost on the days it gets in the 90’s and above. 

We just got new counters too! We had our whole kitchen redone from March to June and it’s now all done. The new countertops are my favorite thing about the new kitchen. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I’ve enjoyed mine. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I'll try again. It is a pretty sunrise.

Thanks or if someone else can see it maybe they can save the pic and re-post it.  I’d like to see it.  

8 minutes ago, Andi Land said:

Our AC is just a small portable one that vents thru the window. It is definitely worth the few hundred dollars it cost on the days it gets in the 90’s and above. 

We just got new counters too! We had our whole kitchen redone from March to June and it’s now all done. The new countertops are my favorite thing about the new kitchen. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I’ve enjoyed mine. 

If we are going to get this kind of heat and humidity in the future, we’re definitely going to be looking at a portable AC unit.  Normally it’s not humid here and the few days it is, it’s not a big deal, but this year has been unbelievable.

I hope I chose the right countertop.  I guess we’ll find out when it goes in.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks cat 🙂. Works great.

Wonderful shot @Seasick Sailor - really gorgeous!

Strange how photos are unpredictable on Cruise Critic.  Kazu took my "where am I" photo and reposted it right side up.  Strangely, it was that way all along for me on both my laptop and my full sized IPAD.  It only came out on it's side on my IPAD Mini.  Strange!

Roy

• Like 5

Good morning!  Happy Belated Birthday to @richwmn!

We went to Butchart's yesterday - it is pretty well all annuals now, which are not my favourite, but plenty of colour.  The huge beds of dahlias are amazing, from dinner plates to tiny pompoms.  The bees are sooo happy!

IMG_5098.thumb.jpeg.b1ad3cc908abe93e429b96adb5a53f17.jpeg

IMG_5111.thumb.jpeg.4d41b37c9728d85792311c30c46b7b7d.jpeg

IMG_5114.thumb.jpeg.07d56513a8efd901c7cbd243f64a948d.jpeg

IMG_5103.thumb.jpeg.491b10ce46b59c107b379398986d7401.jpeg

IMG_5160.thumb.jpeg.310eab091120b8504de706038efb659c.jpeg

• Like 15

13 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We went to Butchart's yesterday - it is pretty well all annuals now, which are not my favourite, but plenty of colour.  The huge beds of dahlias are amazing, from dinner plates to tiny pompoms.  The bees are sooo happy!

IMG_5111.thumb.jpeg.4d41b37c9728d85792311c30c46b7b7d.jpeg

IMG_5160.thumb.jpeg.310eab091120b8504de706038efb659c.jpeg

My favorite place to visit in Victoria. We are so sad that we didn’t getting our yearly visit this year. Fingers crossed for next year. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Strange how photos are unpredictable on Cruise Critic.  Kazu took my "where am I" photo and reposted it right side up.  Strangely, it was that way all along for me on both my laptop and my full sized IPAD.  It only came out on it's side on my IPAD Mini.  Strange!

Roy

It is really strange Roy.  When I saved your pic it was right side up - just as it should have been and posted that way for me.  Weird.  And, I was on my IPad, too.

CC is puzzling at times when it comes to pics.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

YAY 🙂. So glad you got to go.  Hope that means you had your early birthday tea?

Thanks for the pics.  They are lovely ❤️ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Ann, gorgeous flowers! Thank you for sharing! That red blossom is so different!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 1

Happy late birthday Rich.

also our daughter and son in law’s  anniversary🥰

we too put in a portable ac.  But debating about installing central. All that cruise $. 

Finally my hydrangea is blooming and I have an unknown yellow flower that is over seven feet🤗 

off to the lake

53ABF5CC-DB85-4A56-BA4A-54CFBAE97612.jpeg

0EDEFD83-0CBA-4A1D-97B3-0B2AD9AB3FDB.jpeg

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Happy late birthday Rich.

also our daughter and son in law’s  anniversary🥰

we too put in a portable ac.  But debating about installing central. All that cruise $. 

Finally my hydrangea is blooming and I have an unknown yellow flower that is over seven feet🤗 

off to the lake

53ABF5CC-DB85-4A56-BA4A-54CFBAE97612.jpeg

0EDEFD83-0CBA-4A1D-97B3-0B2AD9AB3FDB.jpeg

That yellow flower looks like Rudebeckia (coneflower) Hortensia.  It’s different from the other coneflowers and they do grow 7’ tall.  

Hard to be sure from the pic but that’s my best guess.  Both pics are beautiful 😄 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

Mitzi is making a tuna & shells salad for tonight. I'm not sure what wine would go best....

In honor of Canada's National Acadian Day, I am posting some pictures from Deer Bay, near Buckhorn, Ontario.

Sunset looking down Deer Bay Reach, late June 2007 - 

image.thumb.png.5fba227e8a2661ebda5a130f4eabf261.png

Moonrise the following evening - 

image.thumb.png.227c1553a1bc615961510816b9c88cfd.png

Ready to go fishing!

image.thumb.png.5928572d0d722f9d117e293907580710.png

We have been to Buckhorn, used to cottage on Love Sick Lake.

• Like 4