URGENT - Change Passwords and Monitor Credit Cards

ann141

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

If you get any emails from the "Release the Wowzz Fund", they are totally genuine. I have been touched by the gift of various scones, (the vet says the sniffer dogs should make a full recovery), and I have traded in the Radley handbag for a roll of toilet paper, and half an ounce of rough shag.

If someone can please send a Raquel Welch poster I can begin to tunnel out.

Must dash - it's slopping out time.

For the benefit of younger readers, do you think it might be worth clarifying that ‘rough shag’ is a tobacco product Wowzz, although I’ve seen some very dodgy prisons on TV? 😉

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hope this helps you John.

This is on my Android phone.

Graham

Screenshot_20200818_220447_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200818_220518_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200818_220552_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200818_220635_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200818_220647_com.android.chrome.jpg

I've just finished pouring 4lb of earth  down my trouser leg in the exercise yard when I came across this post. 

Much as I've tried to replicate the screen shots,  I have failed miserably. Not that I'm too worried, but to be in the top 10%  of something would mean a lot to me.

Lady W says I am a first class idiot, but I think she only half means it, and therefore it doesn't really count.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

For the benefit of younger readers, do you think it might be worth clarifying that ‘rough shag’ is a tobacco product Wowzz, although I’ve seen some very dodgy prisons on TV? 😉

Are there any younger readers on here?

36 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It is not a simple matter of changing your password on your P&O account, you need to change your passwords on every site where you use the same email address as you use on P&O site because if they have your email address they may have scanned the internet for all accounts with your email address as an entry point. 

I have currently changed P&O, Princess, Cunard, Celebrity, Amazon, Tesco, Sainsburys, Doctor, Dentist, M&S, Radley and I am looking back to check wherever else I have online accounts.

I thought that the hack was on the Carnival US web site,  not the P&O UK site. 

Even if the hackers get hold of my account details, the worst they can do will be to cancel my barber's appointment.  All other sites require a secondary security check.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kalos said:

A little tip for you all ....Never provide your cvv number when asked on the phone or when processing a card payment in person. This could be a  sign of  fraud!   Your CVV numbers are for online purchases only! :classic_wink:

A telephone scammer could already have the big number on your card ,give him that and the expiry dates ..and ..

... Oh dear !  please stay safe .:classic_smile:

That's a little worrying, Kalos - it's standard practice to be asked for, and provide, the CVV number with telephone purchases.  Made a couple today in fact - though I was the one phoning.

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I've just finished pouring 4lb of earth  down my trouser leg in the exercise yard when I came across this post. 

Much as I've tried to replicate the screen shots,  I have failed miserably. Not that I'm too worried, but to be in the top 10%  of something would mean a lot to me.

Lady W says I am a first class idiot, but I think she only half means it, and therefore it doesn't really count.

On cc mobile website.

1 click on the magnifying glass symbol.

2 click on Content search and search member shows.

3 go to the bottom and click member search.

4 It shows 1,646617 results.

You click on Sort by then click on Reputation and the first 24 are shown.

If you click on posts you will see the post count of everyone.

Graham

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

On cc mobile website.

1 click on the magnifying glass symbol.

2 click on Content search and search member shows.

3 go to the bottom and click member search.

4 It shows 1,646617 results.

You click on Sort by then click on Reputation and the first 24 are shown.

If you click on posts you will see the post count of everyone.

Graham

Wowzz you are no.42

Andy is no.27

Grapau27 is no.13

Adawn is no.50

Kalos is no.100.

I only counted to 100 to find Kalos.

Graham

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

That's a little worrying, Kalos - it's standard practice to be asked for, and provide, the CVV number with telephone purchases.  Made a couple today in fact - though I was the one phoning.

Harry - credit details given over the phone  when you are the one initiating the call, are pretty safe.

It's when someone you don't know calls you and asks for your cc details that  you need to be cautious  - or, more simply, hang up!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Harry - credit details given over the phone  when you are the one initiating the call, are pretty safe.

It's when someone you don't know calls you and asks for your cc details that  you need to be cautious  - or, more simply, hang up!

Gas, Electric,water company,Airlines, Insurance,Cruiselines and council tax are a small sample of companies I ring to pay bills and they all need the security code.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Gas, Electric,water company,Airlines, Insurance,Cruiselines and council tax are a small sample of companies I ring to pay bills and they all need the security code.

There's this Nigerian prince.......🤔

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

No worries Harry if you decided to phone up a company you know and trust and you make the call

that is fine .I have paid my insurance renewal that way .

The problems start when lets say You answer the phone and they start asking for CVV numbers and expiry dates 

of your card. Remember the advert on TV where a a very nice lady smiles and asks ..." Can you give me the 3rd set of 

numbers printed on the front of your card please ...sorry that's not working,lets try the first set ..Oh your'e so helpful "

Turns to the camera with a mean looks and says "See what I did there. "

Amazing how many do fall victim. 

I had a genuine caller who I had phoned say to me " Before I can continue ,can you confirm the last four digits on your bank card please ?"

My answer was a firm no thank you,I'm not happy giving out any bank detail over the phone . 

They were happy with my postcode instead . :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos

22 minutes ago, kalos said:

No worries Harry if you decided to phone up a company you know and trust and you make the call

that is fine .I have paid my insurance renewal that way .

The problems start when lets say You answer the phone and they start asking for CVV numbers and expiry dates 

of your card. Remember the advert on TV where a a very nice lady smiles and asks ..." Can you give me the 3rd set of 

numbers printed on the front of your card please ...sorry that's not working,lets try the first set ..Oh your'e so helpful "

Turns to the camera with a mean looks and says "See what I did there. "

Amazing how many do fall victim. 

I had a genuine caller who I had phoned say to me " Before I can continue ,can you confirm the last four digits on your bank card please ?"

My answer was a firm no thank you,I'm not happy giving out any bank detail over the phone . 

They were happy with my postcode instead . :classic_smile:

That was my understanding, Kalos, but you had me worried!  I rarely do telephone purchases these days, and I must admit to being surprised they needed the CVV number when delivering to the cardholder address.

There's more risk, certainly, because what you don't know is whether the person you're talking to is writing the details down on paper as well as inputting it, but if you want to make the purchase it's a chance you have to take.  I did have a very substantial sum taken from a credit card account several years ago, and that proved to be internal fraud by one of the bank's staff - though it took a Data Protection Act request to prise that information out of them because they wouldn't admit it.  The CD they sent me under the Act contained a recording of one of their staff making a call to the call centre claiming to be me and successfully changing the account password.  It took yet more action on my part to force them to report it to the police.

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Are there any younger readers on here?

I think so :classic_unsure:

7 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Younger, in the context of Cruise Critic, means under 70. There are a few of us 😂 

You'll do for me Selbourne :classic_smile:

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Hooray! That means I qualify as young as well!

Selbourne's right ! There are a few of us young -uns :classic_biggrin:

7 hours ago, Polly1922 said:

Andy looks like a young man.

Oh he is and he's got 3 current ASBO's to prove it and he recently got his Yooof  training certificate .:classic_smile:

He is a very ,very nice young man .:classic_biggrin:

Now that i'm  young again  :classic_unsure:  ....

I will not be doing any drugs as I now get the same effect by standing up too fast these days ! :classic_wink::classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

That was my understanding, Kalos, but you had me worried!  I rarely do telephone purchases these days, and I must admit to being surprised they needed the CVV number when delivering to the cardholder address.

There's more risk, certainly, because what you don't know is whether the person you're talking to is writing the details down on paper as well as inputting it, but if you want to make the purchase it's a chance you have to take.  I did have a very substantial sum taken from a credit card account several years ago, and that proved to be internal fraud by one of the bank's staff - though it took a Data Protection Act request to prise that information out of them because they wouldn't admit it.  The CD they sent me under the Act contained a recording of one of their staff making a call to the call centre claiming to be me and successfully changing the account password.  It took yet more action on my part to force them to report it to the police.

Glad you got it sorted Harry .:classic_smile:

10 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

It is not a simple matter of changing your password on your P&O account, you need to change your passwords on every site where you use the same email address as you use on P&O site because if they have your email address they may have scanned the internet for all accounts with your email address as an entry point. 

I have currently changed P&O, Princess, Cunard, Celebrity, Amazon, Tesco, Sainsburys, Doctor, Dentist, M&S, Radley and I am looking back to check wherever else I have online accounts.

You were using the same password for all of those accounts?! 😱

Try not to ever use the same password for more than one thing, obviously this is very hard to keep track of so use a password manager to do it.

• Like 1