URGENT - Change Passwords and Monitor Credit Cards

ann141

Some people are so paranoid about so many things I dont know how they get out of bed in a morning 🙄. Dont know how people will cope when what is currently the Medallion system on Princess cruises becomes the norm very quickly with other cruise lines due to Covid-19 they wont dare leave their staterooms.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Some people are so paranoid about so many things I dont know how they get out of bed in a morning 🙄. Dont know how people will cope when what is currently the Medallion system on Princess cruises becomes the norm very quickly with other cruise lines due to Covid-19 they wont dare leave their staterooms.

Agreed, life is going contactless. It was already happening pre Covid, and will accelerate now.

P&O need to move forward quickly with their contactless offering. Signing for a drink with a pen used by everyone else wont cut it anymore.

Pre Covid, we were thinking about booking a Princess cruise so we could try the Medallion. I love that sort of technology 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Some people are so paranoid about so many things I dont know how they get out of bed in a morning 🙄

Have you been watching them trying to find out how they get out of bed ? :classic_unsure:

Paranoids!  You can learn alot about paranoid people, just by following them around.:classic_ohmy::classic_wink:

• Haha 3

Wife and I have been using contactless cards (several in the pocket/bag at a time) since they were first issued. I’m not for a minute suggesting others haven’t had problems, but we’ve had none.

However, when it comes to passwords there’s no way I’d duplicate them on any website that could give rise to any financial or identity consequences.  Far too much at stake.  Once a login and a password have been compromised, best assume that hackers, or rather the dark web purchasers of the details, will run scripts to test out those details on thousands of other common websites in a matter of minutes. It only takes one match.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Some people have had to shield during lockdown so not appropriate words imo.

Let's start cruising first.

Ventura were operating no signing for drinks last August.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Graham, I doubt you could find anyone who was more suspicious of contactless payments than me

when they first came out . I even went to the lengths  of making a thin piece of card the size of  a £10 

note and covering it in baco-foil to act as a barrier.

As others have said the range is 4cm tops so they are safe .

Have a look at this ...:classic_smile:               

Good listen.

My experience several years ago put me off contactless but maybe security was dramatically increased when I told Lloyds Bank what happened with mine.

Just received a new card last month and it wasn't contactless but I have an RFID blocker so I will tell the bank to send Pauline (joint account) a contactless debit card we can use.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Some people have had to shield during lockdown so not appropriate words imo.

Let's start cruising first.

Ventura were operating no signing for drinks last August.

I wasnt referring to lockdown I was referring in life in general having read above comments about use of debit/credit cards.

• Like 1

There is no need to be paranoid, you just need to be security savvy and keep up to date with what's happening. You are responsible for your own security because if the worst happens, there is no one to turn to for help. The Police will not be interested other than giving you a crime number and action fraud is worse than useless.

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST
  • Like 1

Update to this topic

there were two unauthorised purchases on my credit card yesterday, both from America and one for £3.53 and the second one for 18 pence, they were for 'counselling services' 🤔

card now cancelled and awaiting the new card the monies will be re credited to my account.

now I have to change all my passwords etc 😱

This is bl**dy irritating, I was just about to buy a smartphone and have several orders from Tesco etc to pay.

I told them about the Carnival problem and that I booked 3 deposits with P&O in the last few months, that is being passed up the management chain, hopefully 🤢

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

Update to this topic

there were two unauthorised purchases on my credit card yesterday, both from America and one for £3.53 and the second one for 18 pence, they were for 'counselling services' 🤔

card now cancelled and awaiting the new card

now I have to change all my passwords etc 😱

This is bl**dy irritating, I was just about to buy a smartphone and have several orders from Tesco etc to pay.

I told them about the Carnival problem and that I booked 3 deposits with P&O in the last few months, that is being passed up the management chain, hopefully 🤢

Thanks for that very useful update.  May not have been the Carnival breach, of course, but entirely possible that it was.

Well worth bearing in mind.

On 8/20/2020 at 11:52 AM, kalos said:

Have you been watching them trying to find out how they get out of bed ? :classic_unsure:

Paranoids!  You can learn alot about paranoid people, just by following them around.:classic_ohmy::classic_wink:

Are you following me around?. Somebody is. Every time I turn round ,somebody is there, even in bed. I'm not getting up untill they're gone.

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Are you following me around?. Somebody is. Every time I turn round ,somebody is there, even in bed. I'm not getting up until they're gone.

Calm down Zapp lots of people just like you suffer from paranoia :classic_smile:...You're not alone ! :classic_ohmy::classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival Cruises have failed to date to inform their customers whether there data was compromised in the ransom ware attack on 14 August, almost a month has gone by.

“Every minute that passes when these innocent individuals are not informed is another minute they’re likely to fall victim to a host of risks. These range from identity theft, which has been on the rise since the COVID-19 pandemic began, to phishing attacks.“

Quote from Post Courier Article

https://www.postandcourier.com/opinion/commentary/commentary-the-real-costs-of-carnival-cruise-lines-ransomware-attack/article_e70c6bac-f2ba-11ea-aed2-37a0a0156575.html

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2020 at 11:52 AM, kalos said:

I'm not paranoid. Well I wasn't till everyone keeps watching me getting out of bed. I know they are watching.

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I'm not paranoid. Well I wasn't till everyone keeps watching me getting out of bed. I know they are watching.

On 8/20/2020 at 11:52 AM, kalos  posted  And today ...  10/14/2020  whilst no one was watching ... :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin: well done Zapp :classic_wink:

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

On 8/20/2020 at 11:52 AM, kalos  posted  And today ...  10/14/2020  whilst no one was watching ... :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin: well done Zapp :classic_wink:

After I posted that I thought it seemed familiar. I looked back and saw It was quite an old post. I must be going mad. I bet you are all thinking that, or an I being paranoid🤔

• Haha 2