New To MSC Questions

stevendom57

I have cruised NCL and RC, but I am considering MSC. I am looking at a 14 day out of Miami on the MSC Meraviglia for 2022.

I have a few questions about the different experience levels.

1) As far as cabin choices between the Bella and Fantastica experience, it seems that with Bella the cabin is chosen for you and with Fantastica, I get to select the cabin. Is that right?

2) If I do a mock booking and choose the Fantastica Experience, I only get a choice of 2 cabins. I can only assume that either a) there are only 2 cabins remaining at this experience level or b) they only release a few cabins at at time. Which do you think it is?

3) If I choose the Aurea experience, what parts of the spa are accessible without further charges? 

Thanks in advance.

Steven

1) You choose your own cabins whether Fantastica or Bella. 

2) It does seem quite a few cabins are booked already, even into 2022.  I do not think they release cabins slowly, just my “feeling” from past experience and bookings.

3) Cannot answer - we have always cruised Interior Bella or Fantastica but do have Balconies booked for February and May 2021.

Concerning cabins, you do get to pick no matter what, but Bella cabins will be in less desirable locations, sometimes above noisy lounges, so make sure you check what’s above and below before selecting. 

You mention that there are only 2 cabins left. Try to switch decks. Sometimes you can only see cabins on the selected deck, but if you switch decks, you’ll see many more cabins. 

With the Aurea experience, you’ll have access to the thermal area of the spa (thalassotherapy pool, steam rooms, dry sauna, relaxation room, therapeutic showers, etc). 

Enjoy the Meraviglia. We had an absolutely fantastic time aboard her. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the info. Is there any way, short of springing $1200 pp for the Aurea experience, to get access to the thermal area of the spa? My wife loves the saunas and such but I can't see spending that much money just to sweat. Perhaps a few hundred (??!!) but not $2400.

Re seeing rooms---

Try other sites--like not only MSCs site, try the big box stores if you are a member

We noticed that each one seemed to show different rooms. No idea why.

Also look at it as 2  -7 day cruises vs 1   -14 day cruise to see if there is a savings.

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Do you have a loyalty level with NCL or RC?  If so, you should apply for a Status Match with MSC before you book.  There could be some benefits that would be useful to you, depending on what level you are matched to.

We booked a few months ago and got our match after booking and did get the discount applied. That being said, our match came thru in a day so you shouldn’t have to wait too long to book if you apply first. It will be our first MSC cruise and looking forward to it. November 2021. 

If you and/or your traveling companion is a first responder or teacher, there is a10% discount available for each person who qualifies. 
Also, health care professionals can qualify for a 50% discount during the available window. 

On 9/3/2020 at 6:14 PM, Bgwest said:

If you and/or your traveling companion is a first responder or teacher, there is a10% discount available for each person who qualifies. 
Also, health care professionals can qualify for a 50% discount during the available window. 

Veterans also get ten percent discount. We got ours.

13 hours ago, Geobugs said:

With my MSC status, I get a complimentary one-hour thermal area session once per cruise.   I might try it on the day we are in Nassau, since its just Nassau.  Will it be more or less crowded on a port day? 

The thermal area of the spa is usually less crowded on a port day, however many people tend to not get off in Nassau.

On 9/1/2020 at 4:20 PM, lienf said:

We booked a few months ago and got our match after booking and did get the discount applied. That being said, our match came thru in a day so you shouldn’t have to wait too long to book if you apply first. It will be our first MSC cruise and looking forward to it. November 2021. 

We are looking to change colors - MSC seems to be the direction we are leaning, but have never cruised MSC.  Doing research now.  🙂  11/2021 is also our target date