NCL GETAWAY updates????

caddykid12

Have a cruise booked from NYC to Mia on ncl ga on 1/3/21

CruiseTimeTables.com does not even show the intnery listed anymore.

Typically the site never takes a cruise off the page once sold out because it is to show the route

So I am nervous the getaway has already been bagged from NYC yet ncl has not given any Info

Does anyone have any info on the getaway 

8 minutes ago, caddykid12 said:

Have a cruise booked from NYC to Mia on ncl ga on 1/3/21

CruiseTimeTables.com does not even show the intnery listed anymore.

Typically the site never takes a cruise off the page once sold out because it is to show the route

So I am nervous the getaway has already been bagged from NYC yet ncl has not given any Info

Does anyone have any info on the getaway 

No one here knows. In fact no one at NCL knows. If you check the NCL website you'll see the cruise is still listed and has lots of cabins available .

I also can’t see Cuomo allowing people to come into NY unless they are quarantining for 14 days prior to any cruise...and even then will the ports even be open yet...and so it continues...

While I think that is true, most of the people who cruise from New York in the dead of winter are more local— NY, NJ, Connecticut, and Massachusetts are the most prevalent so no quarantine would be needed. But I don’t disagree that it’s unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

5 hours ago, caddykid12 said:

The gem from NYC for 1/2/21 is missing the 14 day sailing  but 1/16/21 is showing 

So very confusing 

I don't know what you're looking at but there are still three January cruises on the Gem being offered for sale on ncl.com. 11 day on January 3, 14 day on January 14 and 14 day on January 28 . Those are the same cruises that NCL has been offering since the January 2021 schedule was released. i know, because I booked all three in July 2019 and just recently cancelled those bookings.

10 minutes ago, swanee4 said:

They are looking at cruisetimetables.com which shows all cruises for a particular date and port. Our cruise is not listed for departure on January 3, nor does it show up in any of the ports on the appropriate date.

And???

Until NCL cancels or changes the itinerary, it is still a planned cruise. Calling NCL will result in them telling you it is a planned cruise. 

if you complain to them about cruise timetables, they will stare at the phone like you have two heads. And repeat that the cruise is still a planned cruise  in their system. 

2 hours ago, denatravels said:

I do presidents week every year. Nowhere near half fly in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Presidents week, as well as Christmas, Spring Break weeks, and Columbus Day Weekend are all special cases. When kids are out of school the local load on cruises is higher.  I have also done those times and agree - but the number that drive in from 6+ hours is also quite high (or take regional buses arranged by AAA, etc.). People come in from PA, Western NY and Ontario, VT, NH, etc. as well as all those who drive in same day or take limos.  On average weeks, though, definitely 25-50% fly in to the NYC .cruises. It varies for sure. But huge numbers are signed up for Airport transfers when I get off the ship.

I am booked on this same sailing. I live in Western, NY, so I would not need to quarantine coming into NYC. And as GA Dave said, if you are "passing through" you do not need to quarantine anyway. However, under the current restrictions, I would have to quarantine for 14 days once I fly home from Miami, because I would be coming from FL, which is currently on the list of restricted travel states. I am prepared to do that if necessary, since both my SO and I work from home now anyway. Hopefully, if the situation on the ground is good enough for this cruise to actually happen, the situation on the ground regarding travel restrictions and quarantines will also have drastically improved.  

• Like 2

I too was booked on this cruise but unfortunately cancelled two days before they extended final payment to 60 days.  I was afraid that I could not reach my travel agent in time to cancel on the original date of 9/5.  I felt really bad about it for a few days but came to the conclusion that I didn't want to spend all that money to sail with the restrictions that they will definitely impose if this sailing happens.  And even if they remove the travel quarantine I would have to do one anyway because I work in a hospital.  Also as of now (maybe not then) Aruba is still requiring negative Covid tests within 72 hours.  We would just be getting there 72 hours after we first sail so unless you get the test and results that same day you would be out of luck.

We are booked on this cruise.  I expect it to be cancelled because I can't see them starting cruises from NY until maybe next May. 
I think they will start with shorter cruises this way the liability isn't as high for the cruiseline.  An 11 day cruise to ports that are closed with people in NY who are always sick in the winter anyway, is a recipe for disaster. 
We cruise from NY in the winter every year.  And every year there are so many sick people on the ship. 

• Like 1