The Daily for Tuesday Sep 15, 2020

richwmn

40 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Oh Joy what a wonderful saying! You are absolutely right 100%! Our planet is so precious, our lives all of us are so precious! You put a smile on my face and warmth in my heart!

Love right Back at you!

❤️❤️

It's kinda the Greenpeace mantra. I love it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hey Linda! There you are! How are you doing? How is your home? So glad you posted.

My home is fine and today finds me doing the chores of putting the stuff from the jeep and trailer back into the house. The smoke isn’t terrible here. I visited friends who lived way out of fire danger but still had a smoke level of 585 out of 500. I’m not sure how the IQA figures that but it has been so dark many are loosing their gardens due to lack of sunshine. On the way home I stopped for some fresh produce and they were out of corn and many other things. He said the crews aren’t going out in the fields to pick because of the smoke. There is such a long term affect from our natural disasters. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lindaler said:

My home is fine and today finds me doing the chores of putting the stuff from the jeep and trailer back into the house. The smoke isn’t terrible here. I visited friends who lived way out of fire danger but still had a smoke level of 585 out of 500. I’m not sure how the IQA figures that but it has been so dark many are loosing their gardens due to lack of sunshine. On the way home I stopped for some fresh produce and they were out of corn and many other things. He said the crews aren’t going out in the fields to pick because of the smoke. There is such a long term affect from our natural disasters. 

Are you back home?

Roy

Thanks for the Daily, Rich. The best read of the day!!

Roy, I think you can move Bermuda to the Celebrations list. They got through Paulette with no loss of life or serious injuries, but of course, lots of wind damage to roofs and trees. The Causeway was able to reopen last night - no structural damage. Best news of all -- two baby boys were born at the hospital during the height of the storm, all  are doing well!

Edi

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

They are cayenne peppers but the dragon variety I believe.  They aren’t like any cayenne pepper I’ve seen and you pick them green.  DH likes HOT and I mean HOT and he loves them.

by the time I decided to do seeds after our cruise was cancelled, they were the only ones I could find that seemed to fit the bill.

I think I just lucked out.  Most of the peppers are nearly 6” long.  I’ll post a pic tomorrow if you like.

I’m going to save some seeds this year as I am sure there was either a mistake in the packaging or I lucked out.  If you want me to send you some (assuming I’m successful), drop me an email and I can send you some down the road.  I have too many so it’s easy to try to save some extra seeds.  Since you live in Canada, seeds should be a non issue.  I got them from Halifax Seed who does mail order.

Thankyou!  That is SO kind!  DH always gets Sambal Oleek on board, and won a bet at the farmers market when he ate a Pele Pele Oh oh!   So they sound wonderful!   

Your email seems greyed out.

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 4

Avocado Crab Boats sounds divine.   And, they look easy to make!   I do have a couple of felt hats that I wear in the winter when going out on the town.   I doubt they'll get much use this winter.  They seem too much for the grocery store.  

Thankful for all the celebrations noted today.  Let's keep that up!   

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Thankyou!  That is SO kind!  DH always gets Sambal Oleek on board, and won a bet at the farmers market when he ate a Pele Pele Oh oh!   So they sound wonderful!   

Your email seems greyed out.

My email is greyed out?  I think if you click it will work just fine.  It’s probably because the spread sheet in my signature is a link so it’s blue and my “email me” isn’t.

Just click it and it should work.  (In case not catjack [at] nbnet [dot] NB [dot] ca)

DH gets the Sambal Oleek on board too.  The waiters can have fun finding him hotter ones.  I remember the first time when he asked for something hot and they offered it to him.  It was on the old Rotterdam.  He didn’t see it but I did.  The waiters were kind of smirking waiting for him to say it’s too hot.  One had water, one had milk and two were holding ice.  He turned to them after a taste and sad “not bad, anything hotter”?  Then I was holding back a laugh as they were amazed.  That was a very long time ago 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good Evening.

I might be imagining it but I think the smoke maybe going away.  Last night's rain made the air feel fresh, and the sun has been trying very hard to shine through the smoke.

Tonight it is barbecue sauce on meatballs.  If I had the crab and avocado I would have been tempted with today's menu suggestion.

I thought this photo was cheerful.  I miss being on deck and looking up at the flags blowing in the breeze.

95794501_10222143602804270_7447286868208517120_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=A7x02fUj3nAAX8DfY29&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=9286f756f733fe04876c0988b3ed6701&oe=5F86BCCF

Val

• Like 5

10 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good morning Rich, To all on The Daily and 🌺To my best sisters ever! (Ann and Joy!) Virtual hugs to you both!!

I helped a dear friend yesterday who is recovering from surgery. All is well but we have been together through High School and college and just wanted her home to have flowers,  several dinners snacks etc. so the family could just concentrate on her getting well. 

❤️Love Greenpeace!!!! We contribute to their cause and believe in them!!! Nice celebration tonight to their efforts in great causes👍
The only hat I wear is my sun hat daily!!

Had basal carcinoma 18 years ago on my face from all the sun as a kid and all the surfing! Now when I am out and about Coolibar sun clothing for me!

Have a safe and happy Tuesday to everyone and I hope all the fires will die down soon! Global warming is real ! 
Godspeed.

Denise😊

That's me also, sunhat only. 

• Like 3