The Daily for Tuesday Sep 15, 2020

richwmn

10 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I read here on CC that CCL will be removing more ships! Someone said they think Volendam and Zaandam will be next! Geese after 4 tries I Hope Volendam will be spared  as well as Zaandam! Have another attempt after 4 cancellations on Volendam 1/22!

I hope that is not true. 😢

• Like 2

Good morning Rich, To all on The Daily and 🌺To my best sisters ever! (Ann and Joy!) Virtual hugs to you both!!

I helped a dear friend yesterday who is recovering from surgery. All is well but we have been together through High School and college and just wanted her home to have flowers,  several dinners snacks etc. so the family could just concentrate on her getting well. 

❤️Love Greenpeace!!!! We contribute to their cause and believe in them!!! Nice celebration tonight to their efforts in great causes👍
The only hat I wear is my sun hat daily!!

Had basal carcinoma 18 years ago on my face from all the sun as a kid and all the surfing! Now when I am out and about Coolibar sun clothing for me!

Have a safe and happy Tuesday to everyone and I hope all the fires will die down soon! Global warming is real ! 
Godspeed.

Denise😊

• Like 6

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Well, I have one bounty of chili peppers

2FCEED3A-4683-4D78-9BA5-D9820F01669D.thumb.jpeg.5ee18d3857723bf7b3d47313651ea65c.jpeg

F15037AC-6FA7-499C-946D-DBEE8D03B8F4.thumb.jpeg.b39d872a266aa68fcec4de8cb141f0f7.jpeg

Looks like I will have to protect them tonight with our frost warning - YIKES

Wow Jacqui!  Your peppers look fantastic. Mine are only now starting to do better. It’s been too hot 🥵. Peppers like cooler nights but not frost!  I hope you can protect them all, I see you have them in pots so hopefully that will make it easier. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Wow Jacqui!  Your peppers look fantastic. Mine are only now starting to do better. It’s been too hot 🥵. Peppers like cooler nights but not frost!  I hope you can protect them all, I see you have them in pots so hopefully that will make it easier. 

Thanks Sharon.  They were a tad late this year.  I thought it was because I was later getting them out with the broken foot but it might be because we had such extremely hot weather part of this summer.  

Never fear they’ll be safe tonight.  I always do them in pots as it makes protecting them much easier 😉 if need be.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

................................ I read here on CC that CCL will be removing more ships! Someone said they think Volendam and Zaandam will be next! Geese after 4 tries I Hope Volendam will be spared  as well as Zaandam! Have another attempt after 4 cancellations on Volendam 1/22!

Thanks for our Prayer list and Celebrations! 
Denise😊

People are just speculating at this point as to which additional five ships are going. So far, HAL has taken the biggest hit with four. Someone else in the Carnival plc group is next - juist my speculation 😉 

• Like 3

Well, it is Tuesday so that means pizza for us. We need to move the last of our son's stuff out of his apartment and to his new house first. 

This was taken from the ferry leaving Cruz Bay on St. John to head back to St. Thomas in December, 2015. Looking south west towards the Grande Bay Resort -

image.thumb.png.37441e37fad770d5adc33942779697b7.png

• Like 7

Good morning all!  Thanks Rich, Roy, Cat, Kazu,  .......for making this such a warm place!   

@cat shepard interesting wine,   We’ve stayed near Montepulicano several times,  find it interesting that the grape has two Names.   

@kazu what types of peppers.  My DH loves them too, the hotter the better😭😭

Memories from this day

image.thumb.jpeg.016d436d7e1ae903947c121293ed1a62.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 9

18 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

People are just speculating at this point as to which additional five ships are going. So far, HAL has taken the biggest hit with four. Someone else in the Carnival plc group is next - juist my speculation 😉 

I hope you are correct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

❤️Love Greenpeace!!!! We contribute to their cause and believe in them!!! Nice celebration tonight to their efforts in great causes👍
😊

Hi Sis,

We do also. We will be toasting to Greenpeace tonight with you. Love you dearly!

Imagine a world where forests flourish and oceans are full of life. Where energy is as clean as a mountain stream. Where everyone has security, dignity and joy. We can’t build this future alone, but we can build it together.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

I too hope you are right. It would only be fair. 

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Himself said:

Rich:

Thank you for another fine fleet report.

To all the Dailyites:  Thank yyou for your many and varied. observations and comments. You help cheer up so many of us.

I agree that your thread is such a good and positive place to visit first thing in the morning. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

How are you doing?  Any word on your community?

Roy

The fire is 16 percent contained and many are returning to their homes. The sad thing is that most wildfires are not fully out until October and a good rain or snow, so smoke will be here until then. I appreciate the prayers but feel very fortunate and I should be taken off the list, there are so many others that need it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hi Sis,

We do also. We will be toasting to Greenpeace tonight with you. Love you dearly!

Imagine a world where forests flourish and oceans are full of life. Where energy is as clean as a mountain stream. Where everyone has security, dignity and joy. We can’t build this future alone, but we can build it together.

Hugs, Joy! Virtual, but consider yourself hugged.❤️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Thanks John!!! I needed to hear that from you my friend! PS I might not say it on CC but I enjoy all your pictures of our ships and your time on board them! The 2 best pics!! 🌺 number 1! Your wife and the Hershey Kiss!

number 2! The adorable picture with you and your grandparents 👍

Denise😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Thanks John!!! I needed to hear that from you my friend! PS I might not say it on CC but I enjoy all your pictures of our ships and your time on board them! The 2 best pics!! 🌺 number 1! Your wife and the Hershey Kiss!

number 2! The adorable picture with you and your grandparents 👍

Denise😊

You are a kind lady, Denise! Take care and be safe down there south of us!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lindaler said:

The fire is 16 percent contained and many are returning to their homes. The sad thing is that most wildfires are not fully out until October and a good rain or snow, so smoke will be here until then. I appreciate the prayers but feel very fortunate and I should be taken off the list, there are so many others that need it. 

Linda, so glad you are comfortable coming off the list. 16% doesn’t sound like much, but it is a start. Stay safe!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hi Sis,

Oh Joy what a wonderful saying! You are absolutely right 100%! Our planet is so precious, our lives all of us are so precious! You put a smile on my face and warmth in my heart!

Love right Back at you!

❤️❤️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

what types of peppers.  My DH loves them too, the hotter the better😭😭

They are cayenne peppers but the dragon variety I believe.  They aren’t like any cayenne pepper I’ve seen and you pick them green.  DH likes HOT and I mean HOT and he loves them.

by the time I decided to do seeds after our cruise was cancelled, they were the only ones I could find that seemed to fit the bill.

I think I just lucked out.  Most of the peppers are nearly 6” long.  I’ll post a pic tomorrow if you like.

I’m going to save some seeds this year as I am sure there was either a mistake in the packaging or I lucked out.  If you want me to send you some (assuming I’m successful), drop me an email and I can send you some down the road.  I have too many so it’s easy to try to save some extra seeds.  Since you live in Canada, seeds should be a non issue.  I got them from Halifax Seed who does mail order.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Glad to hear that there has been some success.  

I wish you could get some rain to help improve things.  

Stay safe and take care.

• Like 4