**** THREAD TO DISCUSS SEPT. 16 CRUISE CANCELLATION NOTICE*********

Host Carolyn

Our final payment was due today (11/16) for our 11/30/2020 Valor out of New Orleans. Called yesterday and PVP was able to push final payment 14 days out to 9/30. Today I get notice the cruise is cancelled. BUT I'm offered FCC + $600 OBC --- on a 5 night cruise! Disappointed to be shut out of another cruise, but I'm a happy and grateful (platinum) Carnival cruiser!! 

4 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

Our final payment was due today (11/16) for our 11/30/2020 Valor out of New Orleans. Called yesterday and PVP was able to push final payment 14 days out to 9/30. Today I get notice the cruise is cancelled. BUT I'm offered FCC + $600 OBC --- on a 5 night cruise! Disappointed to be shut out of another cruise, but I'm a happy and grateful (platinum) Carnival cruiser!! 

It's odd, my email says $600 OBC for the 5-day or less cruise as well, but my fiancé got one as well and hers said $300 per cabin. We'll see if the $600 holds. Would be nice...

1 minute ago, VictorWI said:

It's odd, my email says $600 OBC for the 5-day or less cruise as well, but my fiancé got one as well and hers said $300 per cabin. We'll see if the $600 holds. Would be nice...

$300 has been the offer up until now.  It is surely a typo.  Expect a correction (or maybe they'll just assume you'll figure it out when you re-book).

I get the feeling (just a feeling, no evidence) that this is not the only announcement thy will make regarding cruise cancellations.  Everyone else except RCL has cancelled through 15 Dec 2020, AFAIK.

15 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

$300 has been the offer up until now.  It is surely a typo.  Expect a correction (or maybe they'll just assume you'll figure it out when you re-book).

I get the feeling (just a feeling, no evidence) that this is not the only announcement thy will make regarding cruise cancellations.  Everyone else except RCL has cancelled through 15 Dec 2020, AFAIK.

NCL haven't, they are still maintaining that they are resuming on 1st November

18 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yea, when I forwarded the email to my fiancé when she opened it, it says $300 so she thinks I am crazy. 🙂 I think that image was wrong on their server for a bit and they fixed it but it was already cached on my email. When you follow the link to view the email on the web or click the link to choose refund or rebook it says $300 like usual.

Yes, it’s disappointing to see two more ships leave the fleet, and to see more cruises canceled. But the optimist in me sees this as a positive thing. 

It looks like Carnival now has a much more concrete plan of action than they’ve had in months past, and with that, hopefully a clearer path towards a restart. We all knew that once cruises restart, that it wouldn’t be all at once, but the picture still looked quite fuzzy. It seems like that picture is now coming into focus, and that to me is good news. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Yes, it’s disappointing to see two more ships leave the fleet, and to see more cruises canceled. But the optimist in me sees this as a positive thing. 

It looks like Carnival now has a much more concrete plan of action than they’ve had in months past, and with that, hopefully a clearer path towards a restart. We all knew that once cruises restart, that it wouldn’t be all at once, but the picture still looked quite fuzzy. It seems like that picture is now coming into focus, and that to me is good news. 

Totally agree.  I believe Carnival is in the process of finalizing their restart plans pending developments from the CDC.  And on that front, we can be assured that CCL leadership is not operating in a vacuum.

• Like 2

With these new cruises cancelled Carnival  has  only a few ships left in service . This should make it much easier to find enough staff and crew to support the remaining ships. Maybe a good sign that they will be able to get things started again soon.

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

Agree.

1 hour ago, DD fun said:

With these new cruises cancelled Carnival  has  only a few ships left in service . This should make it much easier to find enough staff and crew to support the remaining ships. Maybe a good sign that they will be able to get things started again soon.

See below.

Ship Class Guide 0820 + CB.pdf

It looks like they made a correction to the original cancellation email:

The notification sent earlier about your cancelled cruise had an error in the table. 

We apologize for the error. This is the correct compensation offer consistent with the offer we have made throughout this COVID-related pause:

fbba6d4d-997c-41d8-9437-103a8d225a94.jpg

3 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

NCL is only canceled until 10-31-20   

• Like 2

Today, Carnival cancelled 2 of my 3 Cruises booked using fresh cash.(not FCCs)

For my 2 cancelled Carnival Spirit Cruises, the 2 deposits paid by me in fresh cash are US $550 & $344

The third Cruise which is not cancelled has a balance payment of US $635

1. So which deposit should I transfer to the third Cruise?

2. If I transfer both the deposits, can the excess payment can be converted to OBC or not?

3. Should I take a refund of $550 and transfer the other deposit of $344?

4. Carnival is offering Aus $900 OBC for each of the 2 cancelled Cruises. Can both OBCs be added on to the third Cruise?

Thanks in anticipation