Cruise Planner SALE

Widzy

10 minutes ago, Widzy said:

I saved several hundreds of pounds today booking drink packages and 2 shore excursions in the sale using my FCC for my group of 13 cruisers. So happy to get some good news at last. 

Derek 

Which cruise? I noticed my July 2021 British Isles cruise had good discounts today, but I didn't purchase them. Not feeling to sure the cruise will happen 😒

• Like 1

The one I have booked direct thru royal Caribbean is on sale AGAIN

BUT the one I,  L&S thru a BIG box ta, never goes on sale and that is the one I really want the UDP and REFRESH package.

Anyone know if items on the cruise planner, on cruises booked thru a TA

usually go on sale ?

Interesting to note that on the shore excursions the times were at least on my cruise in the afternoon.  It makes me suspect that they are offering more to keep the numbers lower for social distancing. For example, there was a 3 hour Norman island snorkeling in Tortola that I had noticed last January was scheduled in the am at 830. Now there's one listed at 115pm. Same tour. Prices are at 25%. We shall see what will happen. Honestly I really detest cruise ship excursions but if they hsve to social distance with smaller groups, it may not be that bad. You give up your freedom of exploring on your own though and that independence is something that I enjoy.

Yes that is what I am asking. 

because the one booked direct have less ports, therefore we would be on the ship more and using the dining and drink package more, so the only reason I could come up with was because they didn't have to pay a commission

39 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

Yes that is what I am asking. 

because the one booked direct have less ports, therefore we would be on the ship more and using the dining and drink package more, so the only reason I could come up with was because they didn't have to pay a commission

Doesn't matter who you booked through.  Royal doesn't put all cruise planner items on sale across all cruises at the same time.  I currently have 4 booked.  Of those, only one is having a 'sale'.  But the others will eventually show up with sales too.  I'm pretty sure the TA isn't getting a commission on your cruise planner purchases, you are buying those via the website and paying for them directly to Royal.   

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

In all I saved £1325 but I am booking for 8 adults and 5 kids. I used a TA to book the cruise and was allowed to buy my excursions and drink packages at the sale prices direct with the RC planner. Also the FCCs were shared at different amounts to each of the 6 cabins. I was surprised that I could transfer excess FCC from one cabin to buy an excursion for another cabiin and therfore was able to fully exhuast all the credits.

• Like 1

On our July 3, 2021 Brilliance of the Seas cruise, the price for Thrill Park tickets at Perfect Day Coco Cay are listed as 40% off= $88.99.  I could swear it was only $79 when we booked the cruise in May.  Does anyone know the typical price?  The cabanas have gone through the roof- we paid $1700 for the floating cabana - now it is $2000.  Oasis cabanas were $800, now they are $1400!!  At least we were able to get the drink package and zipline at good prices.

Lyn

1 hour ago, ladylyn915 said:

On our July 3, 2021 Brilliance of the Seas cruise, the price for Thrill Park tickets at Perfect Day Coco Cay are listed as 40% off= $88.99.  I could swear it was only $79 when we booked the cruise in May.  Does anyone know the typical price?  The cabanas have gone through the roof- we paid $1700 for the floating cabana - now it is $2000.  Oasis cabanas were $800, now they are $1400!!  At least we were able to get the drink package and zipline at good prices.

Lyn

You can't trust the percent off at all. I usually write down the prices when I can first access them on my planner. Then I watch for a good price. Those are crazy prices for Coco Cay! Our March 2022 floating cabana is still $1049. I got a South Beach cabana for $399. I couldn't justify the floating cabana for just 2 of us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

You can't trust the percent off at all. I usually write down the prices when I can first access them on my planner. Then I watch for a good price. Those are crazy prices for Coco Cay! Our March 2022 floating cabana is still $1049. I got a South Beach cabana for $399. I couldn't justify the floating cabana for just 2 of us.

I know!  I should have written the prices down.  Your prices are pretty good.  We are 8 people including kids 10 - 18.  My 18 year old granddaughter has her heart set on the floating cabana because of the hammock.  I am just happy we did not wait.  $1700 was more than enough.

4 hours ago, ladylyn915 said:

I know!  I should have written the prices down.  Your prices are pretty good.  We are 8 people including kids 10 - 18.  My 18 year old granddaughter has her heart set on the floating cabana because of the hammock.  I am just happy we did not wait.  $1700 was more than enough.

I'm glad you got your floating cabana for your family! If we had a bigger group going, I'd book it for sure!

On 9/22/2020 at 2:58 PM, Widzy said:

So happy to get some good news at last. 

Thank you. I did some checking on a summer 2021 Symphony reservation, cancelled and rebooked a 100 print or digital photo package (saving about $15 I think) and went ahead and booked a Voom Surf & Stream - 4 device internet package at around 65% off IIRC, which is probably about the best price I'll get a crack at. 

Thanks again!

On 9/22/2020 at 2:36 PM, erinsmom03 said:

Yeah, I've got the things I want in my cart... just can't take the plunge and purchase them. Don't feel like waiting months for a refund!

If you cancel through the cruise planner the refund is same day, if your cruise is cancelled and you let Royal do the refund then yes it is months.. 

12 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

If you cancel through the cruise planner the refund is same day, if your cruise is cancelled and you let Royal do the refund then yes it is months.. 

You only get a refund same day if you're using OBC, that shows back up in your account instantly.  Even before Covid it would take about a week for the refund to hit your credit card.  I canceled a few cruise planner items back in June and it took about 3 weeks.  Then I canceled a cruise planner item in August and it took about 10 days.  Neither of those times were due to a cruise cancellation.  

14 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Surprisingly, I already am getting some refunds posting to my credit card. They don't make a bit of sense, but they are there!

On 9/22/2020 at 5:36 PM, erinsmom03 said:

Yeah, I've got the things I want in my cart... just can't take the plunge and purchase them. Don't feel like waiting months for a 

actually a couple of days ago I switched an excursion for a different one that I bought the day prior not using any OBC. My credit card was credited today. And a couple of months ago when they had a similar sale, I had RCCL excursions department credit my credit card for the difference with no issues. 

• Like 1