Mardi Gras March 2021

GACRUZER

9 minutes ago, GACRUZER said:

We, are currently booked for March 13th sailing out of Port Canaveral. 

Hi Gacruzer 🙂

I just wanted to give you the 'Roll Call' page here on Cruise Critic for the March 13, 2021 Mardi Gras sailing. I'll drop it below. Have a terrific voyage!!

🌴

I think no sail order will expire. Not sure which ships will be ready and sail first. 

Reading a blog about how carnival let go all their top paid people, and going to rehire less trainer lower paid people. Keep expectations low. Also warned ports may change, your cruise may not be what you signed up for and expect.

We booked the week prior (3/6/21), so we hope so. Depending on how things are going in general (by final pymt in December) even if it does sail, we may pass on it. I'd say the ship will sail, and further that it's a coin toss if we'll go.

Tom

• 2 months later...

Rebooked 2/6/21 to 4/24/21 as I keep chasing the inaugural down. As an eternal optimist I am hoping that the additional 77 days before sailing will be just enough time for the vaccine to be available for us. Whether or not it is required for sailing as a person with compromised immune system and history of pneumonia I will feel much safer. This has been a horribly trying year for everyone and the joy of being out on the ocean again whenever it does happen will be the best medicine in the world for me.  

• Like 1

This cruise got canceled about 2-3 days after I made the final payment. Still have end of May booked, Havana balcony. I was going to use the American Express offer(s) and save $200 on my final $1000 due for that cruise. No rush on that now!

On 12/3/2020 at 11:25 AM, geneparmesan said:

I was booked on the Mardi Gras in Feb 2021. Had to rebook to 2022 a few weeks ago as my final payment was due. So I missed out on the cancellation "bonus".

It was your decision to rebook.  If you paid your final payment, you would have been the beneficiary of 600 in OBC. So you basically shot yourself in the foot.