Has anyone received new room assignments after switch?

DrDani226

I have been trying to follow the threads re: all the Summer 2021 changes, but have yet to see anyone post that they have received their new confirmation/room assignment. The deadline to cancel for a full refund is tomorrow, which is when they claimed they would have the info to us (I was switched from Brilliance to Independence). Has anyone gotten their’s?

Thank you both. We are in an aft balcony on Brilliance, but I'm reading that the aft balconies are technically a different category on Independence, so I anticipate losing it, which I am not happy about. However, we also got a good price on this one, so it's hard to justify cancelling...

3 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

We have a B2B and have not been changed yet.  Will give Royal a call since we want the same cabin for both cruises on the Indy like we has on the Brilliance.

Good luck.  I’ve tried several times and  made it fairly high up the ladder and was told that no cabin assignments can be done until they run their program on the back end that assigns everyone cabins. 

if you are using a TA they should be able to put a 5 day hold on the cabin you want and then once Royal assigns it you can then switch, assuming that the categories are the same. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

We also received ours early this morning. We were hump balcony 8th deck on Brilliance and were assigned aft balcony same category same deck on Indy.  We just booked the 6 night prior to our 8 night this week after learning of the ship change and are in a 7th floor aft balcony.  I was happy with the new cabin, but just wanted to be in the same one both legs so called first thing this morning and they switched us over to the 7th floor same cabin. Invoice was not correct though so be sure to be on the look out for that.   

1 hour ago, Tljcruiser said:

We also received ours early this morning. We were hump balcony 8th deck on Brilliance and were assigned aft balcony same category same deck on Indy.  We just booked the 6 night prior to our 8 night this week after learning of the ship change and are in a 7th floor aft balcony.  I was happy with the new cabin, but just wanted to be in the same one both legs so called first thing this morning and they switched us over to the 7th floor same cabin. Invoice was not correct though so be sure to be on the look out for that.   

This is my concern. I specifically booked an aft balcony on Brilliance, but it is a different (and I think higher?) category on Indy.  I've yet to get my new stateroom assignment, but fear that it won't be equal in location to what we had.  

I have not gotten the official email yet, but when I log into My Cruises for the 4 cabins we had booked, all of us have new cabin assignments for our Indy cruise that was switched to Navigator in May.  Our cabin assignments are OK, but my TA will look at moving them to a bit better location on the same Deck in the same category.  

I did, however, get the email about my bev package being cancelled and refunded.  It will be interesting to see how long that takes to get the money back. 

I was moved from Indy to the Navigator for B2B in September and a B2B2B in October.  Different cabins for each segment.  My agent just fixed the cabin issues and says the prices showing in her booking engine are crazy.  $2000 higher than I booked at for each 3 or 4 night cruise. 

2 hours ago, rockmom said:

This is my concern. I specifically booked an aft balcony on Brilliance, but it is a different (and I think higher?) category on Indy.  I've yet to get my new stateroom assignment, but fear that it won't be equal in location to what we had.  

Same here. Interesting how they're giving aft balconies to passengers who did not originally have them. Does Independence maybe not have the hump balconies? I'm not sure, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. I am just bracing for losing my aft. It was one of the reasons we booked Brilliance (which was in place of our August 2020 on Navigator that was cancelled). At least Independence is a bigger ship...

4 hours ago, Tljcruiser said:

I would be happy with that:) I can't wait until we can do b2b's!

5 minutes ago, DrDani226 said:

Same here. Interesting how they're giving aft balconies to passengers who did not originally have them. Does Independence maybe not have the hump balconies? I'm not sure, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. I am just bracing for losing my aft. It was one of the reasons we booked Brilliance (which was in place of our August 2020 on Navigator that was cancelled). At least Independence is a bigger ship...

It has hump balconies, which are also a different category than what the aft balconies/hump balconies are on Brilliance. 

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

Still no room update for us or the other 2 cabins linked to me. We had a spacious promenade interior room that slept 6. We are a party of 5 cruising. The navigator doesn’t have this cabin option at all. 

Everyone just keeps telling me I should have a room assignment tomorrow and that tomorrow is also the deadline to request a refund. 

I’m super nervous about why it’s taking so long to get a new room and not having even 24 hrs to make a decision to cancel or not. 

8 hours ago, Tljcruiser said:

We were also booked in the 8th deck hump balcony on Brilliance (July 3 sailing) but we have not even received the first letter from Royal about the change in ships so I"m not expecting the room assignment any time soon. Our TA said the delay in notification could be because we were booked in a group rate and we have until Oct. 16th to cancel if we don't like the changes. 

7 hours ago, rockmom said:

I can't keep the categories straight.  But I would be concerned as well.  I'm guessing maybe too it may have to do with cabin capacity.  It is me, my mom and daughter so we have a triple.  They will have to put us in our category or higher in a cabin that will hold 3 so maybe that has something to do with it.  Someone in our fb group posted they received a category upgrade not sure of the particulars but they were happy with it.  I really would have been fine with most anywhere they put me at this point.  I am happy with the ship change and just keeping fingers crossed that this trip actually sails!

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Good luck.  I’ve tried several times and  made it fairly high up the ladder and was told that no cabin assignments can be done until they run their program on the back end that assigns everyone cabins. 

if you are using a TA they should be able to put a 5 day hold on the cabin you want and then once Royal assigns it you can then switch, assuming that the categories are the same. 

Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrDani226 said:

I would be happy with that:) I can't wait until we can do b2b's!

This is our first.  We have always wanted to.  I work for the school system so limited to 1 week at spring break 1 week at fall break and summer vacations. It is usually cost prohibitive in the summer to do 2 weeks but we got a really good deal on the Brilliance and haven't really been anywhere since a trip to Universal last December due to Covid so we have been saving $$ 🙂. I really wasn't interested in 2 full weeks on the Brilliance with an 11 year old but we can stay a bit longer on the Independence.  

• Like 1