I'm glad my cruise got cancelled because....

AndyMichelle

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

very loud snorers that I can hear right through the cabin wall.

Sorry Jean, that likely to be my husband! He can be heard several decks away, over numerous decades I have learned to tune him out but it’s loud!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Arriving early for muster to get a seat as Michelle cannot stand for too long, only to be asked to give them up for a disabled lady and her carer husband, which we happily did, only to hear the husband (Malcolm) announce loudly 'it works every time', his wife is not disabled at all... 

Andy 

The notorious Malcolm!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

This is now one that I can knock off my list due to my failing hearing.

I have just had to buy a new bedside clock as the other ones alarm is now too faint.

So it was YOUR ruddy alarm clock John 😉😂

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Ah, but we don’t make a fuss. We leap to our feet in seconds to allow people in! 

We do the same, because my husband is prone to leg cramps so always sits at the end of the row, ideally with his left leg able to extend. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Because Lady Selbourne and I are in our 50’s, we often get stared at by elderly (but not really disabled in the true sense) drivers when we pull up in a disabled space. This turns to a real glare when I leap out of the car. Funny how they tend to look down awkwardly the minute that I open the boot and lift the wheelchair out!

We have experienced similar looks.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

some  disabilities you cannot see are very real.:classic_smile:

I agree kalos. Both Frank and I have real problems when going upstairs. Frank has two crumbling vertebrae in his lower back and I have arthritis in both knees and ankles. We're alright with one flight but any more and we begin to struggle.  Going down a few flights is fine. We both look fit, no need for a stick, but we do get some odd looks when waiting for a lift on the ship. So we never assume either.

Avril

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I’ve never understood why almost everyone who enters a theatre picks a row and then sits right at the end of it, often making a fuss when they then have to keep standing up to allow others to get past them. Now I know 😉

We try to get an end row incase we we need to leave early because the show is dire or deafening. It's happened once or twice and I feel embarrassed when we have disturb others part way through the show🙁

Avril

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We try to get an end row incase we we need to leave early because the show is dire or deafening. It's happened once or twice and I feel embarrassed when we have disturb others part way through the show🙁

Avril

Ditto.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

After a few Peroni I may need the loo.. 

That's why we sit on the end... 

Andy 

• Haha 3

I am so grateful for this thread. I have always thought it weird that everyone sits at the end of a row but now appreciate that there are multiple reasons for doing so 😉. As for beating a hasty retreat when the show is poor, I can relate to that. It’s one advantage of having to sit at the back with the wheelchair. We can also get out quickly before the Cruise Director minces on stage to ask “Did you all enjoy that? I can’t hear you. Did you all enjoy that?”. I’m so tempted to shout out “NO! It was c**p” 😂 

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We have experienced similar looks.

Me too, I am in my mid 50’s and I have secondary progressive MS. I have often pulled up I a disabled parking bay and got filthy looks. Only when I get my scooter out(I have a hoist in my car)are people more accepting.

Most of the time people are ultra helpful, thank you everyone, it is appreciated 

Michelle 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Me too, I am in my mid 50’s and I have secondary progressive MS. I have often pulled up I a disabled parking bay and got filthy looks. Only when I get my scooter out(I have a hoist in my car)are people more accepting.

Most of the time people are ultra helpful, thank you everyone, it is appreciated 

Michelle 

I remember a particular tour we were on, and when we boarded our tour bus the front reserved seat was occupied by a young couple, mid to late 30's at a guess. The looks given them by some on the bus was insulting to say the least. When they got off neither seemed to have any mobility problems, and the moaning of a certain few continued. Later during the tour they asked Frank to take a photo of them together and we began to chat over a coffee. This was a cruise they had saved hard for as her husband had always wanted to go on one. He had cancer and this was to be his final chance of a holiday together. He said that he was having a rare good day where he felt well enough to go out. We didn't see him again during the  rest of the cruise, but shared a table with his wife a few times at dinner. She said the tour had tired him out and so he spent the rest of the cruise on the balcony and eating in the cabin. So no, I never assume.

'There but for the grace of God'.

Avril

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

More hates from me... 

'Bun sniffers' in the buffet. 

Lift farters

Finger clickers

And the ones who think it is acceptable to wear swimwear indoors... 

Andy 

Beach wear flip flops on an evening in main dining room

People who are obnoxious to staff

People who push in front of you when you are clearly waiting for the lift

Michelle

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle 

I'm so sorry to hear this Michelle.

Take care.

Graham x.

More hates from me... 

Lift farters

Finger clickers

Andy 

Andy I love cruising and was devastated when our 3 cruises were cancelled due to covid19.

Having said that, this thread is brilliant and I can relate to most of the things people are saying especially tendering on Royal Caribbean where everyone stands on deck for ages.

A pet hate of ours is loud braggers and people blowing their nose in the dining room when we are eating.

Graham.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I remember a particular tour we were on, and when we boarded our tour bus the front reserved seat was occupied by a young couple, mid to late 30's at a guess. The looks given them by some on the bus was insulting to say the least. When they got off neither seemed to have any mobility problems, and the moaning of a certain few continued. Later during the tour they asked Frank to take a photo of them together and we began to chat over a coffee. This was a cruise they had saved hard for as her husband had always wanted to go on one. He had cancer and this was to be his final chance of a holiday together. He said that he was having a rare good day where he felt well enough to go out. We didn't see him again during the  rest of the cruise, but shared a table with his wife a few times at dinner. She said the tour had tired him out and so he spent the rest of the cruise on the balcony and eating in the cabin. So no, I never assume.

'There but for the grace of God'.

Avril

Great story Avril.

Graham.

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Andy I love cruising and was devastated when our 3 cruises were cancelled due to covid19.

Having said that, this thread is brilliant and I can relate to most of the things people are saying especially tendering on Royal Caribbean where everyone stands on deck for ages.

A pet hate of ours is loud braggers and people blowing their nose in the dining room when we are eating.

Graham.

Don't get me wrong Graham, I would put up with any of the above to be on a cruise now, well, one like we used to know. 

This just highlights the little niggles we all have, but still love it. 

Andy 

• Like 1

More hates from me... 

Lift farters

Finger clickers

Andy 

Just a heads up ..When using a Qwerty  keyboard  be very careful when typing the letter "N"

A slight deviation to the right  and you have some very undesirables in the buffet :classic_ohmy:

Could be related to the lift farters :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this Michelle.

Take care.

Graham x.

Thanks Graham.

I don’t let it rule my life, I get out and about as much as I can, living here it is totally flat for me to use my scooter and there is a nice prom to go on. There is a motorised gym nearby that I make  use of three times a week( when there is no lockdown) to keep my muscles working and of course I always have a cruise or two booked to give me something to look forward to

Michelle

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just a heads up ..When using a Qwerty  keyboard  be very careful when typing the letter "N"

A slight deviation to the right  and you have some very undesirables in the buffet :classic_ohmy:

Could be related to the lift farters :classic_unsure:

It's definitely bun... 

Although I wouldn't like the other type either... 

Andy 

• Haha 2