I'm glad my cruise got cancelled because....

AndyMichelle

A bit of Sunday fun. 

We are all missing cruising with many that should be away now, so let's make ourselves feel better for not being able to go by sharing the things we dislike...

I'm glad I'm not on a cruise because... One of mine is 'Muster'... 

I know it is essential but it interferes with my 'first day' experience of exploring the ship, eating too much and drinking cocktails.. 

Another is the first day bloggers, filming and narrating the whole ship. I have found them useful, but it seems like half the passengers are doing it now... 

What's your pet hate? 

Andy 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

A bit of Sunday fun. 

We are all missing cruising with many that should be away now, so let's make ourselves feel better for not being able to go by sharing the things we dislike...

I'm glad I'm not on a cruise because... One of mine is 'Muster'... 

I know it is essential but it interferes with my 'first day' experience of exploring the ship, eating too much and drinking cocktails.. 

Another is the first day bloggers, filming and narrating the whole ship. I have found them useful, but it seems like half the passengers are doing it now... 

What's your pet hate? 

Andy 

Late afternoon embarkation times, muster, waiting for tenders and queues.

I hate queues in general but in particular those to get back on a tender / shuttle bus or back onto the ship.

I also don’t miss the hand gel dodgers who then touch food items they don’t take.

(that said I would still love to be on a cruise regardless)

• Like 4

Ah, that's an easy one...no clues needed here...

I'm glad that I'm not a cruise because I don't receive a pager for my meals when I can see tables of the relevant size free with my own eyes, as confirmed by the computer...

Instead, I can do what I do for the rest of the year which is to enjoy meals at our own table without being asked at least three or four times "are you able to share a table...?"

Drives me nuts!!

• Like 3

Photographer jumping on you as you board. Queuing for tenders, muster station, people saving seats in the theater and then their friends don't turn up, queue jumpers and two people hogging a table in the buffet when it is crowded.

But, I still want a cruise !

• Like 2

I don't miss people letting their cabin doors slam shut * - particulary late at night when they stagger back to their cabins.

Although if everything was ok and we could cruise I'd certainly put up with it right now.

Edit *exception for those who may have reasons for this - ie. walking sticks etc.

Edited by Monorail Orange
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Street market sales in busy walkways - and the people who, though they have paid thousands for their cruise experience, act as if it’s imperative to save maybe a fiver!

But one day you might need a length of over priced, dodgy looking gold chain... 🔗😊

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Trying to find a table in the buffet.. deciding which side to go looking, then walking round and round.  Then I don't know where I am!!!🙃

It can be a bit annoying when you see a couple reading their books there or even, once, playing cards.

But I would be off there tomorrow if I could.   x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1) Tenders and the ‘meal’ that P&O makes when using them. 

2) Queues of any kind, but particularly to get back on the ship when it’s cold or raining 

3) People with stinking colds who sit right next to other passengers inc shared dining tables and then start blowing their nose 🤢
4) Those who feel the need to talk during shows

5) OTT Cruise Directors, especially when they do that dreadful “Are you all having a good time?” tripe or make announcements telling you what’s on that day, when all of it is clearly detailed in the Horizon paper 
6) People who feel the need to ‘broadcast’ their dinner conversations so that those on the ten surrounding tables can hear them (usually men)

7) People who have what I call ‘look at me laughs’, so loud that most of the dining room can hear them (usually women)

8. Inconsiderate cabin neighbours who slam doors late at night, slam drawers or put their TV on loud early in the morning.

9) Smokers or vapers who smoke on the non-smoking side of the prom deck, or anywhere else where it’s not allowed 

10) Buffets and the unhygienic behaviours you witness in them 

11) Cold toast!

I could go on! It’s no wonder we haven’t missed cruising as much as we thought we would 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

2) Queues of any kind, but particularly to get back on the ship when it’s cold or raining 

3) People with stinking colds who sit right next to other passengers inc shared dining tables and then start blowing their nose 🤢

5) OTT Cruise Directors, especially when they do that dreadful “Are you all having a good time?” tripe or make announcements telling you what’s on that day, when all of it is clearly detailed in the Horizon paper 
6) People who feel the need to ‘broadcast’ their dinner conversations so that those on the ten surrounding tables can hear them (usually men)

7) People who have what I call ‘look at me laughs’, so loud that most of the dining room can hear them (usually women)

8. Inconsiderate cabin neighbours who slam doors late at night, slam drawers or put their TV on loud early in the morning.

9) Smokers or vapers who smoke on the non-smoking side of the prom deck, or anywhere else where it’s not allowed 

11) Cold toast!

I could go on! It’s no wonder we haven’t missed cruising as much as we thought we would 😉

That was my thought as well when reading your list Selbourne!:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Haha 2

I don’t miss packing to go (and trying not to take more than 10 pairs of shoes) and then even worse packing to come home and trying to find my suitcases which are not in the correct deck area at disembarkation.........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monorail Orange said:

I don't miss people letting their cabin doors slam shut * - particulary late at night when they stagger back to their cabins.

Although if everything was ok and we could cruise I'd certainly put up with it right now.

Edit *exception for those who may have reasons for this - ie. walking sticks etc.

And the same people usually have loud conversations in the corridor

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

11) Cold toast!

6 and 7 are pet hates of mine. 

• Like 4

There’s something that really grinds my gears.

it’s usually in the theatre in the evening, when the show ends. You get up to leave the theatre, but nobody else in the row moves and you are expected to wait indefinitely, until they stir their stumps. I understand that they might want to wait until the crowds have subsided until they leave the theatre, but surely it’s common politeness to allow other people to leave.

As a result of this, we normally sit at the end of a row - and gladly get up to allow other people into the row before the show starts. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

very loud snorers that I can hear right through the cabin wall.

We had cabin neighbours that were very loud talkers. One of the blokes also had a very loud laugh, and we could hear virtually everything they said. They also had a couple of late nights - on one occasion they were talking and laughing until 3.30am. I was on the verge of banging on the cabin door to tell them to keep the noise down 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I've done that before!   And well before 0330!

So have I. On one cruise on Aurora the woman next door had a laugh like a hyena on steroids..... I banged on the wall rather loudly and to their credit they did go quiet after that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2