Look what came in the mail today!!

S&B

Surprise!!  Today we received the HAL 2021 Europe Voyages Limited Private Sale catalog. Take advantage of these offers when you book by Dec. 15, 2020.  Did any one else get this?  We are not going to Europe in 2021 but I was just excited to get it.  I have looked at it from cover to cover.  Now, if we can just get back to normal so we can cruise again.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, S&B said:

Surprise!!  Today we received the HAL 2021 Europe Voyages Limited Private Sale catalog. Take advantage of these offers when you book by Dec. 15, 2020.  Did any one else get this?  We are not going to Europe in 2021 but I was just excited to get it.  I have looked at it from cover to cover.  Now, if we can just get back to normal so we can cruise again.

We haven’t received ours yet if we get one, but one thing for anyone drooling over this to keep in mind is that the cruises on the Zuiderdam have now been changed to the Volendam and at least one itinerary has been dramatically altered.

Kazu,  I know but it is just fun and relaxing to look at it.   😁   Even though we know things will change I am just enjoying the pictures.  It brings back memories.  Funny how a magazine will pick you up for the day!

• Like 2

I received it a few days ago, and the first thing I thought of is exactly what Kazu referenced---the offerings are out of date at this point. At least they are on some of the itineraries/ships, and who knows which ones will be changed later. There's even a small print mention of that in the front of the brochure. 

I could get interested in a cruise in Europe, but I'm not willing to buy something today that could be changed tomorrow. I need the dust to settle first before I commit any more money to HAL. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

but I'm not willing to buy something today that could be changed tomorrow. I need the dust to settle first before I commit any more money to HAL. 

My thought as well.  I can understand the anticipation for a cruise that one might have in committing money for any cruise on any line at this time.  But, I think, it's almost like a child at Christmas wishing for a specific gift only to find on Christmas morning Santa "didn't get the message".  

The only Carnival Corporation brand cruise line from which I have received any advertisements is Princess.  Oceania and Regent is back to sending me unwanted stuff, however.  

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

I could get interested in a cruise in Europe, but I'm not willing to buy something today that could be changed tomorrow. I need the dust to settle first before I commit any more money to HAL. 

I have a different perspective.  I am booked on a Mediterranean cruise for next October for 19 days b2b on Nieuw Statendam.  I know there's a chance LOTS of things could be different by the time the cruise draws near - ports, shipboard experience, shoreside experience etc.  I look at this way - if we're not happy at final we cancel and get monies refunded.  If we are hesitant at 30 days out we cancel and get an FCC.   If HAL cancel we can get a refund or FCC and go from there. The money paid in advance would earn maybe 1/2 a % interest if kept in the bank.  I'd rather have some cash outlay now, get a great deal (which we did!) and look forward to a fantastic adventure.

Haven't checked my mail for a few days, so maybe I have the flyer, maybe not.  If I do I'll surely peruse and continue to dream!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The money paid in advance would earn maybe 1/2 a % interest if kept in the bank.  I'd rather have some cash outlay now, get a great deal (which we did!) and look forward to a fantastic adventure.

Your reasoning makes sense.  It's a risk vs. reward situation, I think.  Cancelling with all that this entails in getting a refund or a FCC, etc....is it worth the potential hassle at this time?

We all have different answers to that question.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Your reasoning makes sense.  It's a risk vs. reward situation, I think.  Cancelling with all that this entails in getting a refund or a FCC, etc....is it worth the potential hassle at this time?

We all have different answers to that question.   

We had a Caribbean Cruise for March 2021 we cancelled Mid September with HAL and refund posted to CC in less than 4 days.  More recent involuntary cancels seem to be getting refunds much quicker (30-45 days) vs the early cancels that ran 90-120+ days.  I think the cruise lines have sorted it out going forward, and are working diligently to clean up the final messes from the spring (there are still a few, but not many).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kazu said:

We haven’t received ours yet if we get one, but one thing for anyone drooling over this to keep in mind is that the cruises on the Zuiderdam have now been changed to the Volendam and at least one itinerary has been dramatically altered.

Could you tell me which itinerary  has been changed please. Our email stated the ship change but I am not sure if our itinerary has changed. Thank you 

3 minutes ago, NIkkiGR said:

Could you tell me which itinerary  has been changed please. Our email stated the ship change but I am not sure if our itinerary has changed. Thank you 

It is just the 17 day Westbound transatlantic that has all the changes and a shorter duration (also bookable as a 29 day with the preceding 12 day Mediterranean sailing).

4 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I am looking forward to seeing it.  I have not received it yet.  I am a one at a time person so unless it was a great offering I likely wouldn't commit

Hey Mary!  If you receive this European brochure...please let me know about the VOV cruise (or anyone else that has insight).  We received the booklet today for 2021 Alaska and Yukon "specials".    Will wait again for the 14 day Alaska Explorer cruise which we really enjoy.  Let's start sailing people!!

VERY interested in knowing any specials for Europe Voyage of Vikings sailing.

Edited by VacationCharlene
  • Like 1

There is nothing in there about the VOV.  I looked several times hoping that maybe I missed it but it is not there.  Hopefully we are still on that cruise.  As far as the catalog goes, I was just happy to get something from HAL.   I don't really care if it is out of date they are at least sending something.  That should give us all a small bit of hope.

Sylvia

• Like 1

I received an email 2 days ago with private sale offers for Europe and Alaska for 2021.  They are very tempting.... 

I just have to decide what to do now that the 14 day itinerary that I loved and wanted isn't there.  I think I can do a 7 day from

Vancouver  May 8-15 on Koningsdam then May 16-23 on Oosterdam from Seattle...

Or do a land trip on our own from Anchorage and then a 7 day Noordam Southbound....

@VacationCharlene the 2021 Voyage of the Vikings is on Zaandam July 17th to August 21st for 35 days round trip from Boston.  You can book on a room only rate (best rate), or with the “Have it All” offer which includes the Signature Beverage Package, Prepaid Gratuities, Signature Dining Package, and if booking a suite unlimited premium WiFi.  There are no additional VOV specific offers/amenities that I am aware of.

Voyage of the Vikings is excluded from “private sale” fares, hence why it does not appear in the private sale brochure, which are by no means comprehensive. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, S&B said:

Mrs Banjo and I received the same one today.  

We got ours and I saw a nice 14 day from Amsterdam to Rome that had a lot of stops in Portugal - which is now high on my bucket list after watching a documentary on Port wine and another on Lisbon. Alas with the 7 day restriction, that isn't going to happen and I'm not sure that August 2021 would be viable anyway - I think things are going to be a mess for a while.

• Like 1

Durn,  I am guessing that the DH may have pitched mine before I saw it.  I guess he is trying to save a dime😁.  I still haven't gotten mine.  What I really want is the Cruise Planner - that is my true wish book.  I imagine that is still 6 months away.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Durn,  I am guessing that the DH may have pitched mine before I saw it.  I guess he is trying to save a dime😁.  I still haven't gotten mine.  What I really want is the Cruise Planner - that is my true wish book.  I imagine that is still 6 months away.

I doubt we will see a 2021-22 cruise planner. Too many chances for significant itinerary changes to make publishing one worth the cost. Expect more emails and targeted mailers, along with an expanded range of e-brochures rather than printed Cruise planners or destination brochures. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 2

We did not receive that, but we did get something similar from Princess in today's mail. Maybe it was because the cruise we had booked for 2020 was on Princess. (The last cruise we were actually aboard was on Holland America.)

On 11/2/2020 at 2:57 PM, S&B said:

I got it two weeks ago but since I do not do Europe, I didn't get to excited.