Anyone Booked Yet for the 2022?

Craigrlewis

Was a right faff this morning
Got the cruise selected then it decided to change it all US$ not GBP
Cue various browsers used and the same result starts off in GBP then changes to US$

On hold to them for over 50 minutes on the phone
In the mean time website corrected itself but then wouldn't take my WC number
GRRR
Finally did it all online and was still on hold when I hung up

Q219 to Alaska 2022 - was supposed to be going June 2021 so pleased to book it

Have to say I guess they are under immense strain but can't say Im pleased that

• In June 2021 we had $640 onboard spending and now its $170
  • Fact had to pay another £700 odd deposit. I thought the FCC was moved so you didn't need to pay more now - clearly Im wrong and misreading that someone where along the line
  • Cant change my dining preference and they aren't taking phone calls now its "Sorry please call  back beep"

Moan over now Im going to count the days down!

Anyone else booked anything today?

Just booked Qm2 transatlantic east bound crossing in October 22. This is to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. Were having 4 nights in New Yok and then traveling back to the UK...

We booked Queens grill as a treat.

Bells' 

We booked via our travel agent this morning Vancouver to Barcelona. He got a cabin number then it reverted to guarantee, even on the Cunard fare. Later after a strong conversation with Cunard we have now been allocated a cabin where we wanted to be.

This is our second recent booking and each time we have had to go back to Cunard to get a suitable cabin as so few are being released.  This is causing distress and anger with loyal Cunarders and the marketing strategy should be reconsidered.

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Travel agents can be wonderfully useful for doing the faffing for you.

I have tried through a TA but have had no success with Cunard even though cabins are available for individual 7nt TAs over same date but not bookable for roundtrip.

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Travel agents can be wonderfully useful for doing the faffing for you.

I'd certainly agree.

Our first '22 of the new brochure booked.  Agent does the leg work and we just quote a long number, an expiry date and 3 little numbers.

Easy peasy.

Edited by Victoria2

22 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

Holy cow fares are high.

Dec 2019 in BF (Deck 11 fwd balcony) was booked for around $3500/person with taxes & fees.

Dec 2022 in BF is $4700/person with taxes & fees.

Interestingly, I'm paying about the same as my quoted fare from booking on board (booked May 2019 for Sept 2020; currently booked for April 2022) 

3 hours ago, neeuqdrazil said:

Interestingly, I'm paying about the same as my quoted fare from booking on board (booked May 2019 for Sept 2020; currently booked for April 2022) 

I should run the itinerary past my TA for a quote since he's normally about 10% below Cunard's fare (I've listed the Cunard fare for 2019 from when I booked onboard, which was reduced by the TA when he got the referral). 

Usually the "free upgrade" promotion is available (Balcony for same fare as inside or OV) but the current promotion doesn't apply to the newly released itineraries.

Yes just booked San Francisco  - Barcelona for July 2022. Used a TA as they were offering better OBC - initially wanted Vancouver - Barcelona- but no internal deluxe cabins available - so booked from SF instead.  I like that we don't have to pay more than the 5% deposit until April 2022 

Booked Grand Norwegian Explorer, August 2022, 26 nights, round trip from NYC. It took my TA many hours but he came through with exactly what I asked for. This will be our first cruise with Cunard and I am very excited.

5 hours ago, Underwatr said:

The  refundable deposit on a US itinerary appears to be on the order of 24%.

Interesting - the deposit is 5% - but we'd loose NZ$50pp (about US$40) if we cancelled before 23 jan 2022 - after that its a sliding scale starting at 25%. But before then I can also transfer the deposit to any other voyage on sale. 

1 hour ago, devolve said:

Panama Canal July 2022. LA to Florida. Always wanted to do this trip. Booked Cunard fare but as someone said only allocating guarantee cabin.

I got that option - but I wanted a specific class/cabin and  got  an allocated cabin I'm happy with. It maybe because  you're only doing a short part of the  trip though?