Let's have some fun with port pictures

wrtmlt

7 minutes ago, Wacktle said:

DSCN4719.JPG

That looks like Khasab in Oman.  If it’s not, there are also several ports where they’ve got, in the words of the now split up pair “identical twin brothers” 

DSCN4719.thumb.JPG.cf6463be5f46638bef774df9c9d8d5b3.JPG

4 hours ago, uktog said:

That looks like Khasab in Oman.  If it’s not, there are also several ports where they’ve got, in the words of the now split up pair “identical twin brothers” 

Yes! It's Khasab .. on the LCV cruise in Oct 2016. 

Edited by Wacktle

Congrats to uktog and Phil for getting Chania and to vada_9 for getting Gisbourne.  We have only been on two Azamara cruises (both brilliant) so my choice of ports is a bit limited! I'm enjoying this so here's one more (another Mediterranean island).

IMG_7543.JPG

To get to this viewpoint, a fortress built in 1741, you can walk from the town up to the top of this  216-meter high hill, or take a taxi, as we did. The fortress is located above a town that has variously been occupied by Venetians, Ottomans, and Greeks. Today, the flag that flies above the fortress is blue and white.

429505929_AzamarainPort.thumb.jpg.b197747d0a727e819f997046dcf6fa51.jpg

Edited by Mercruiser

3 hours ago, Mercruiser said:

To get to this viewpoint, a fortress built in 1741, you can walk from the town up to the top of this  216-meter high hill, or take a taxi, as we did. The fortress is located above a town that has variously been occupied by Venetians, Ottomans, and Greeks. Today, the flag that flies above the fortress is blue and white.

Sibenik?

10 hours ago, Mercruiser said:

Rhodes?

12 hours ago, Mercruiser said:

Nafplio or Nafplion . . . I also took a cab up, but walked back down.

6 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Nafplio or Nafplion . . . I also took a cab up, but walked back down.

Nafplio is correct. We also walked down after the cab ride up.

It's a really nice Greek town that is not over-touristed. I get the impression it's popular with Greek domestic travellers, but not so well known to international travellers. I'd like to go back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercruiser said:

Nafplio is correct. We also walked down after the cab ride up.

It's a really nice Greek town that is not over-touristed. I get the impression it's popular with Greek domestic travellers, but not so well known to international travellers. I'd like to go back.

I agree with you about Napflio, it’s lovely.

• Like 1