The Daily for Wednesday Nov 18, 2020

richwmn

today is Occult Day, Mickey Mouse Day, and Apple Cider Day

Anyone who uses the phrase "easy as taking candy from a baby" has never tried taking candy from a baby.
        -- Robin Hood

Meal suggestion for today - Skillet Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Apples

Drink of the Day - Clover Club

Wine of the day - San Martino Aglianico del Vulture Arberesko vintage 2015

Brest France
Nieuw Statendam

Katakolo Greece Anchorage
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Panama Anchorage Pacific
Koningsdam

Southampton
Westerdam

Torquay Anchorage
Volendam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Eurodam
Nieuw Amsterdam
Oosterdam

1118World.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  Sometimes these dates the truth is stranger than what the Occult would be.  Never really been a fan of Mickey Mouse but I love Apple Cider.  Very appropriate quote.  The meal suggestion is quite nice.  This day my meal suggestion and accompanying photo will be disjointed.  My alternate meal suggestion is a fresh off the griddle waffle with mixed berry topping, as I disembarked the Prinsendam 3 years ago today.  The photo is from lunch that day, Macaroni and Cheese from Panera in Coral Gables.  Haven't seen Panera on real dishware for some time now.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/lunch1118.jpg

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Hflors and DH, both Covid positive, after her losing reading sight and a serious accident for DH

Covid personally touching durangoscots, Hflors, StLouisCruisers, and cruisemom42 (I hope I got you all)

Summer Slope’s daughter and durangoscot’s sister, awaiting Covid test results

Dfish’s brother

Pretty much the whole US and Covid

Recovery from Iota

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Welcome to the Daily, Old Mike

Front Line Health Care Workers and support staff

Teachers and school workers

Vaccine trial members

Improvement for Hflors

Dismomx5's service to her church

and Dolly Parton's support of vaccine research

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Added Parton
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

I feel like this has been National Occult year with everything happening so I’ll skip celebrating the day 😉   

Mickey Mouse was such a part of so many people’s childhood that he has to be celebrated 😄

03DDABD7-E8BA-4F7C-AAEA-DCEB15D369F5.jpeg.d3a21b09e07e085a9c4701d8fddf790c.jpeg

Love the quote - too funny.  We’ve had enough chicken for the last couple of days so I’ll pass on the meal suggestion.

Never heard of that drink so looking forward to summer’s description.

For those of you that are/or will soon be home schooling (whether it be children, grandchildren, nieces or nephews):

1584316E-77A8-4114-BC92-9D347265CEB3.thumb.jpeg.808ede87319e208f4ae07507ca7ce2cf.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & anyone who needs them and a toast to those on the Celebratory/Shout Out list.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.  Stay very safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone.  Will skip Occult day, but it's MM's birthday so will enjoy past pictures from Disney.  Love Apple Cider Vinegar glaze for pork.

Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Everyone waiting for covid results extra cyber hugs.  Congratulations to our other list and thank you Dolly for your support.

Interesting about the 100K signing up for the free cruise.

Clover Club:

Ingredients: 1 Egg White, 1/4 oz Raspberry Syrup (or Grenadine), 1½ oz Gin, 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
Preparation: Dry shake ingredients to emulsify, add ice, shake and served straight up.
Served: Straight up; without ice
I don't think I'll try this one..raw egg white!

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.  It's going to get bad again.
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Homeschooling sounds fine in case your kids are old enough can self-responsible and they can study without bothering you all the time lol. In my opinion homeschooling is a good idea to be implemented from time to time 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Ok today’s combo of days to celebrate runs the entire gamut! I bet you are just grinning! 

Welcome to posting on the Daily @Roger88

Thank you for our lists, Roy. I appreciate that you included @Dismomx5for her service! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Another red, but an intriguing one!

Great quote. I will tuck the meal away for the future. Skipping the drink - I agree @summer slope- raw egg white. Ick!

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all we are celebrating.

Stay well everyone. The next few months are critical. 

This red from Basilicata, Italy has great ratings, and a price that starts in the low $20 range. No winemaker notes, so I have included two reviews. I bet you would all like to try wine made with grapes from the “Vulture Volcano”! Wonder what “racy on the finish” with a “dark and brooding personality“ mean?

#85 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

WS92

Wine Spectator: A fresh and elegant red, medium- to full-bodied, featuring supple tannins finely meshed with flavors of crushed black cherry fruit and a core of smoke-tinged mineral, with delicate tea leaf and star anise accents. Long and racy on the finish. Drink now through 2029.
RP92
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate: Late-ripening Aglianico from the Vulture volcano in Basilicata does very nicely in the warmer vintages, such as 2015. The high elevations and cool summer breezes always keep this magical and little-known spot in Southern Italy much cooler than you would expect. The 2015 Aglianico del Vulture Arberesko offers a dark and brooding personality. The wine takes a little while to open, but once it does it becomes suddenly exuberant, opulent and redolent of chewy dark fruit.

• Like 14

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Yay for Mickey Mouse; I went to school with a girl whose cousin (Darlene Gillespie) was a member of the Mouseketeers - my claim to fame.  LOL  And apple cider - we used to drink a lot of that in our younger days during the winter after cross-country skiing.

I like the menu suggestion for today, but have never put Brussels sprouts together with apples - an interesting combination.  DH and I were talking that we haven't had noodle bowls for a while, so will likely pick a couple up at noon and have the remainder for dinner tonight - they're always huge.  And wine.

Unfortunately, our Covid numbers have been increasing rapidly, so the province is rolling out further restrictions for the next 4 weeks.  Now the entire province is to wear masks in indoor public spaces (stores, libraries, bars, restaurants, etc), and they have limited the household gatherings to 5 people.  If that doesn't change, we won't be able to have our DS and his family(4 of them) for Christmas, as that would be over the limit.  They are also suggesting only limiting your in-house contacts to 1 other house and maintaining that for the 4 weeks.  Praying that the limitations will have an effect on the number of cases so everyone can have a nice Christmas.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising our wine glasses tonight for all on the celebration list.  Be safe, stay well, wash your hands and wear your darn mask!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Unfortunately, our Covid numbers have been increasing rapidly, so the province is rolling out further restrictions for the next 4 weeks.  Now the entire province is to wear masks in indoor public spaces (stores, libraries, bars, restaurants, etc), and they have limited the household gatherings to 5 people.  If that doesn't change, we won't be able to have our DS and his family(4 of them) for Christmas, as that would be over the limit.  They are also suggesting only limiting your in-house contacts to 1 other house and maintaining that for the 4 weeks.  Praying that the limitations will have an effect on the number of cases so everyone can have a nice Christmas.

Oh, Gerry how disappointing. I hope things change up there in time for Christmas!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all of my CC friends.

Thank you Rich for our Daily. We have a great gathering of folks on your post.

Hi sweet sisters, Roy, Kazu and summer. Thank you all for your input. Roy, you are so thoughtful on your cares and cheers. An extra thank you for that.

What a crappy year this has turned out to be. Rioting, covid, election upheaval, unable to see our loved ones. My prayer list is 2 pages long. I pray daily that 2021 comes ROARING in with peace, love, a solid seated president and vaccines available to everyone.

Taking candy from a baby.. my niece was about 2 and took a roll of my Mento's without my sister and I knowing. Just before boarding the plane to San Diego.. Enough said! 🤮

Pin on LOL

Awaiting news on my bone density test from yesterday. I was a notch away from osteoporosis 2 years ago. Falling down the moving truck a few months ago I'm sure didn't help much..

Keep praying for all those on lock down and those who are ill. I am thankful for our CC friends and will toast to y'all tonight. Spread love, call a loved one, send a REAL CARD to someone you think may need it. I have 3 I will be writing to this morning. Life is good. Really.

• Like 15

Thanks for the daily!  I always liked Mickey Mouse, but I love apple cider!!!   Rich you are spot on about taking candy from a baby!!   I love both meal suggestions!   I guess for the most part I can eat pretty much anything.  (Nothing exotic)   Its chilly here my thermostat on the lanai said 60f this morning!!!   Pretty chilly!

@cat shepard I almost spit out my coffee when I saw that barbie 2020!    

As you all know I try to make a contribution to this page, but the history is just too sad for this date in history and the last thing any of us needs is any more sad or bad news so I decided to say that there is only 5 Fridays/ or 37 days until Christmas!!!   And there is 44 days until New Years!!!!    I saw a pic of the Christmas tree being put up in Rockefeller Center.   

On my next cruise I am going to:  go to the wine tasting event!  I have done the wine paring, but never thought about wine tasting!!  I only have 466 days until I am saying bon voyage!!!!

Prayers for everyone on our list and cheers to the people with celebrations!!! 

I hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Helen

• Like 17

Good morning and thanks for the update.

There is a new thread by @Fatfishis good news for HAL. The ships are getting ready to move 🍾

I am not sure about dinner tonight, might do take out from Sweet Street cafe . The special is a 2 for $20 chicken parmigiana and Spaghetti with garlic bread . Sweet street is a commercial bakery that supplies restaurants and stores worldwide. It started out 40 years ago making giant chocolate chip cookies and carrot cake in a small store. 
        Blessings and prayers to all on our lists. 
Have a great day.

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Awaiting news on my bone density test from yesterday. I was a notch away from osteoporosis 2 years ago. Falling down the moving truck a few months ago I'm sure didn't help much..

Joy, prayers winging their way to you in hopes that your results will break the 2020 curse!❤️

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Hflors said:

Its chilly here my thermostat on the lanai said 60f this morning!!!   Pretty chilly!   It was 55 here this morning with a bit of a wind. Evidently we are having a Nor’easter here. Without snow, of course!

@cat shepard I almost spit out my coffee when I saw that barbie 2020!    I know, pretty scary, huh!

there is only 5 Fridays/ or 37 days until Christmas!!!   And there is 44 days until New Years!!!!    I saw a pic of the Christmas tree being put up in Rockefeller Center.   That is like tomorrow!

On my next cruise I am going to:  go to the wine tasting event!  I have done the wine paring, but never thought about wine tasting!!  

I hope everyone has a great day!!!!   Helen, YES, you must go to all the wine tastings, wines around the world & cellar master dinners offered.  I have “met” some amazing wines that way!  And 400+ days will fly by! Hope you & DH are still improving!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Now the entire province is to wear masks in indoor public spaces (stores, libraries, bars, restaurants, etc), and they have limited the household gatherings to 5 people. 

It’s about time your province mandated the masks indoors.  That’s been the rule here for ages in our part of the Atlantic Bubble.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

If that doesn't change, we won't be able to have our DS and his family(4 of them) for Christmas, as that would be over the limit.  They are also suggesting only limiting your in-house contacts to 1 other house and maintaining that for the 4 weeks.  Praying that the limitations will have an effect on the number of cases so everyone can have a nice Christmas.

From the messages I am hearing from Medical professionals (ie our Health leaders and Dr. Fauci) they are asking people not to gather for Christmas so they can enjoy many more in the future.

PEI has already asked the University students not to come home for Christmas and any that want to MUST apply and be prepared to quarantine for 14 days.

I hope things change dramatically for you 🤞 🙏🏻  and you can enjoy Christmas with your DS and family but I fear it will not and you will be celebrating via zoom 😢 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

It’s about time your province mandated the masks indoors.  That’s been the rule here for ages in our part of the Atlantic Bubble.

From the messages I am hearing from Medical professionals (ie our Health leaders and Dr. Fauci) they are asking people not to gather for Christmas so they can enjoy many more in the future.

PEI has already asked the University students not to come home for Christmas and any that want to MUST apply and be prepared to quarantine for 14 days.

I hope things change dramatically for you 🤞 🙏🏻  and you can enjoy Christmas with your DS and family but I fear it will not and you will be celebrating via zoom 😢 

You all have the opposite problem I have.

I have been lobbying family members, who said they would travel down here for the Holiday - after I said I would not be traveling home for the holiday, not to come.  Our numbers have been horrific for months, and I do not want anyone traveling here.  We have a Zoom cookie baking date set up, in addition to the holidays chats. 

What a year.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

You all have the opposite problem I have.

I have been lobbying family members, who said they would travel down here for the Holiday - after I said I would not be traveling home for the holiday, not to come.  Our numbers have been horrific for months, and I do not want anyone traveling here.  We have a Zoom cookie baking date set up, in addition to the holidays chats. 

What a year.

I agree with Ann. Make a special date for mid year 2021 and decorate to the nines. It will be safer, a new experience, something to look forward to. Maybe a different gift giving, a monthly secret Santa small gift or a make it or bake it event. Who knows, perhaps you'll celebrate mid-mas every year!

• Like 6

What wonderful news that HAL will start repositioning ships to the USA!

We are remembering, a year ago today, our return to sea after DH's stroke. Our traditional short Fall cruise proved he had recovered enough to book our preferred bigger adventures -- now all postponed while the world heals and cruising recovers.

Stay safe. Mask up. Be well. And, count your blessings as we count ours...

IMG_20191118_113953577_HDR.jpg

• Like 9

image.jpeg.92fb31d4dda14aae40076faab54c203e.jpeg

😂😂😂😂😂

❤️

My Dear sisters!! Both David and I for the first time in a long time laughed so hard with our coffee we were crying!! BETTY DAVIS EYES! Thank you for always being so positive and so helpful to everyone!

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Awaiting news on my bone density test from yesterday. I was a notch away from osteoporosis 2 years ago. Falling down the moving truck a few months ago I'm sure didn't help much.

❤️❤️ I am sending you lots of prayers and love your way Joy!! I hope the numbers are all in your favor! You take good care of yourself always! ❤️ to you and Allen.

🌺🌺Shawn called us yesterday afternoon and said that her 2 BF’S and her last Friday wanted to go get a COVID test even how careful they are at home and work going nowhere. Tests came back negative and they have been quarantining so they can be with their family for thanksgiving. We are all a family of one child so it will be fine!! We are going to ZOOM at 3 on Thanksgiving and toast!! I am happy 🙏

Happy Wednesday to all !!

🌺I am grateful, even in these sad times!

The love shared by all is amazing!

Thank you for a place to share our thoughts!

🌺Rich, Roy, Sisters, Summer, Jacqui list can go on Thank you

Denise😊

• Like 9