NCLH to release another 40 million shares

ziggyuk

Not seen this posted:

(NCLH), the smallest of the major U.S. cruise companies, said in a release Tuesday that its offering involves 40 million shares at $20.80, totaling roughly $830 million. A company spokesman said Wednesday morning that it planned to use it for “general corporate purposes.” Norwegian’s monthly third-quarter cash burn averaged about $150 million.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/carnival-and-norwegian-cruise-line-are-selling-more-stock-51605713303

• Like 2

I am in New Zealand and would love to hold some shares.   I would be grateful if someone could tell me how I can buy them.   It is NOT possible to buy overseas shares as a member of the public in NZ through a bank or a share broker.

I have bank accounts in Canada in CAD and USD and an address (daughter's) in Vancouver I can use BUT I don't have a USA Social Security number nor anything similar in Canada.

Mike

42 minutes ago, casofilia said:

I am in New Zealand and would love to hold some shares.   I would be grateful if someone could tell me how I can buy them.   It is NOT possible to buy overseas shares as a member of the public in NZ through a bank or a share broker.

I have bank accounts in Canada in CAD and USD and an address (daughter's) in Vancouver I can use BUT I don't have a USA Social Security number nor anything similar in Canada.

Mike

Do you have links to the UK?

It's very easy to buy them here, I use iWeb share dealing service who have no annual fee and just charge £5 a deal so are very well priced, iWeb are a Lloyds Bank company.

When I bought US shares I had to fill in a form (W-8BEN) but other than that it was no different than buying any other shares.

23 hours ago, Topdog52 said:

Well that should bring the price down even more with this dilution. 

Yes, it is essentially a trade of debt for equity. The high within the last 5 years was around $60. I thought about getting just a few shares to hold for 12-15 years and throw in my small amount of support to a company that has provided me enjoyment over the years.

16 minutes ago, Topdog52 said:

Look out as the dilution is bringing the stock price down today. With cancellations in the near future I wonder how far it will drop?

Yep.  If one looks at the 12/31/19 10K for the outstanding shares, adjusts for the new issuances and the convertible debt and promotional shares, for all of the big three, the dilution is massive.

Then, looking at the typical stock portfolio brokerage, they always show 52-week low and 52-week high; which are generally not adjusted for the dilution.  So, looking at NCLH's $60 or so 52-week high and looking at the current PPS, it's smoke.  There were 235K shares I&O then.  Adjusting for the above-referenced items, we're approaching twice that fully diluted.  So, a $30 "high" is a per share equivalent.

Then there is the monthly operating losses of $250K, and expected uptick in losses to mobilize the fleet ship by ship.

It's a mess, not an investment at these prices for the reasonably prudent person.

Just IMO.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

"This offering raised $830 million giving the company another another five months of cash on hand."

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23920-nclh-announces-closing-of-40-000-000-ordinary-share.html

Please enlighten me! Does this mean that NCL sold 40,000,000 shares at $20.80 today? The closing price today was $19.99. There would be a loss of $.81 a share right off the bat! I don't get it!!

15 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Never been a dividend but a decent perk, one of the last shares that pays a decent perk.

Yeah...I've gotten two shareholder's rewards perks this year.  Oh wait, those cruises were cancelled.  Where do I cash-in on this perk? 🤨

On 11/22/2020 at 4:17 PM, HuliHuli said:

Yeah...I've gotten two shareholder's rewards perks this year.  Oh wait, those cruises were cancelled.  Where do I cash-in on this perk? 🤨

How do I get these perks? I bought a couple of shares about six months ago.