Stateroom Door Size

trbarton

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

Has anyone measured the door of the stateroom? I want to put something on my door. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

If you're putting a decoration on your door, make sure it's something you're willing to lose.  Some Princess PAX have a nasty habit of stealing attractive door decorations.  A friend put a lot of work into a beautiful decoration and it was gone after 3 days.  that was just this past February.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems to me that I read on CC a while back that Princess was no longer allowing door decorations. I think it was a COVID thing. I could be wrong (and even if I'm not wrong the policy may have changed again) but I'm pretty sure I read something about this being an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You also must be sure that it will come off the door cleanly w/o leaving a residue or you will be into the cruise line for big bucks.   Just my opinion but I have never thought that putting stuff on the door makes any sense anyway.

DON

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Daniel A said:

If you're putting a decoration on your door, make sure it's something you're willing to lose.  Some Princess PAX have a nasty habit of stealing attractive door decorations.  A friend put a lot of work into a beautiful decoration and it was gone after 3 days.  that was just this past February.

I had door decorations stolen.  They came from the dollar store, so I guess thieves have no taste.

I think this should be added to the "What kind of people will I meet on my cruise?" thread.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, donaldsc said:

You also must be sure that it will come off the door cleanly w/o leaving a residue or you will be into the cruise line for big bucks.   Just my opinion but I have never thought that putting stuff on the door makes any sense anyway.

DON

we/she decorates our door - with glue on magnets to whatever we/she puts up

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We bring balloons to id our door. Since Princess doesn't use them any longer they stand really stand out. 

I believe the reason cruiselines stopped using balloons is because they end up in the ocean and that has horrific results for the wildlife.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Thrak said:

It seems to me that I read on CC a while back that Princess was no longer allowing door decorations. I think it was a COVID thing. I could be wrong (and even if I'm not wrong the policy may have changed again) but I'm pretty sure I read something about this being an issue.

I read about NCL banning door decorations long before CoVid ... but if CoVid is what it will take, then I fully support that, too.  I believe NCL banned them due to a fire safety issues. They probably really felt like it could get out of hand as I've seen some pretty raunchy and very tacky decorations throughout the last decade or so.  I had never seen them in my early years of cruising so, I'm not really sure what even started the trend but, I surely won't be sad to see it coming to an end!!  

The only decorations we've ever had on our door was stuff Princess put there for my wife's birthday. Anymore we don't even tell them if we are having a birthday, anniversary, etc. We don't need the decorations and we really don't need the cake. The decorations I've seen that kind of stood out were little strings of mini red solo cups strung above the door of several cabins. We figured it marked the cabins of a family group so they could find each other easily. It boggles the mind that people would steal door decorations no matter what they are.

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone. I have a sign that I put on my door. 

I’ve put things on my door before so I’m aware of the risks. My sign has magnets on it so no problem attaching it to the door. 

Since my cruise is December 2021 so I’ll see if there are any new regulations. 

Tom😀

image.jpeg

• Like 5

On 11/30/2020 at 6:57 PM, Thrak said:

There was a lot of fear and lack of knowledge with COVID in the early days,  Perhaps now, there will be realization that something on a door is not going to be a disease spreading bad thing.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if there is a topic on door decorations?  We like to decorate our door for each holiday.  If nothing else, it keeps me from knocking on the right cabin number door on the wrong deck when I can't unlock the door.

From our last cruise (Thanksgiving):

20211123_090529.jpg

Edited by 2 cruises a year
  • Like 1